Premium Home access is removed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Speaking personally, I'd be upset if I kept getting sent things I didn't want.

Ah! But you did want that newpaper subscription! :) Canceling was just your way of saying "I want to receive it for the remainder of this quarter that I paid for, and then I wish to no longer see the subscription renewed."

Just now, kiramanell said:

Ah! But you did want that newpaper subscription! :) Canceling was just your way of saying "I want to receive it for the remainder of this quarter that I paid for, and then I wish to no longer see the subscription renewed."

If I wanted it, why would I cancel it? (Oh, and someone else telling me what I want? Really annoys me...)

If I wanted to cancel my subscription after the term ended, that's what I'd say. If I said, "Cancel this now," I'd expect it to be cancelled now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If I wanted it, why would I cancel it? (Oh, and someone else telling me what I want? Really annoys me...)

I'm a little tired because of some other thread, so I'm not going to take this bait today. Save to say that what you 'want' is simply the duration of the term of your subscription you expressed in the contract. And it's one thing for YOU to call them and say "No, honestly, you don't have to send me your newspaper any more," but quite another for say, Linden, to yank your rights to a Linden home from under you, when you specifically paid for said service to continue at least until your payment runs out.

27 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I'm a little tired because of some other thread, so I'm not going to take this bait today. Save to say that what you 'want' is simply the duration of the term of your subscription you expressed in the contract. And it's one thing for YOU to call them and say "No, honestly, you don't have to send me your newspaper any more," but quite another for say, Linden, to yank your rights to a Linden home from under you, when you specifically paid for said service to continue at least until your payment runs out.

Let's say you're working someplace and decide to go elsewhere, so you give your employer the customary two weeks notice. Yes, you'll still be employed for those two weeks - you'll still have to come into work and you'll still get paid.

Now, do you think you will be given any projects to do during that period that will take more than two weeks given that you won't be around long enough to finish them? Would you consider your boss not giving you long term projects after you give notice as "yanking your rights as an employee?"

16 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Let's say you're working someplace and decide to go elsewhere, so you give your employer the customary two weeks notice. Yes, you'll still be employed for those two weeks - you'll still have to come into work and you'll still get paid.

Now, do you think you will be given any projects to do during that period that will take more than two weeks given that you won't be around long enough to finish them? Would you consider your boss not giving you long term projects after you give notice as "yanking your rights as an employee?"

I don't think my boss would hand me new projects, no. :) That would be silly: no point investing in an employee who's on her way out.

But I see it more like me giving a 2 months notice for my rent (in RL). That's me saying to the Landlord, "Okay, yeah, I'm done here, and like to move out, please." Said legal notice (worded a wee more legalese, of course, lol) means 2 things: I still owe the Landlord 2 months rent, and I can still stay for 2 more months. Naturally,  I could just pack up my stuff, get in my car, and leave the next morning; but if I want to sit out the remaining term, I'd be perfectly in my right.

That is how I see canceling Premium/downgrading to Basic: nothing forces me to actually keep the home occupied (I could abandon the land even); but if I want to make use of, for the full term I paid upfront already, then I think I should be allowed to.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually what we've seen in the forums are people unable to downgrade because they don't know they need to release all their land (or group land donations) first, and once they find out they need to that first, they are fine. 

If I was downgrading early it would be because I would be afraid that I would not remember to downgrade next May 13 so that my account would not automatically renew on May 14.  If I did that and was allowed to keep my LH or mainland, it is very unlikely that I would remember next May 13 that I need to pick up all my things from my LH or mainland parcel, and I would be very upset to log in on May 14 and find all my stuff returned and my mainland parcel no longer mine.  My point being that if I was certain I would remember to pick my things up next May 13,  then remembering to downgrade on May 13 instead of now should not be a problem. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.