Strange Firestorm vehicle sound issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks. The FS group might be a better place for this, but this might be too long for in-world chat. I dunno. Plus I know there are FS experts here, so trying here first :). PC specs below.

Since I did a (clean) Win 10 install (up from Win 7, where there were no such issues) I only (passingly and faintly) hear engine sounds in the left speaker when I turn left, and in the right speaker when I turn right when driving any vehicle - bike, car, boat or airplane. I don't hear anything when driving forward, total silence. To hear idle I have to zoom in very close to the vehicle or cam in front of it. Same with every scripted vehicle, whether ACS/KCP or other scripts.

Vehicle sounds at 100 % where this can be adjusted. Master and Sounds in FS at 100 %. Tried with Media both enabled and disabled. With PC volume turned way up all SL sounds (e.g. teleport) are very loud, but vehicle sounds are sometimes barely audible.

Everything sounds normal in the LL viewer, but strangely not in FS (tested with latest FS + the back versions I could find for Win 64).

Specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17763.615)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX970 4GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz (2664.77 MHz)
RAM: DDR3 16 GBytes NB Freq 2131.7 MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EX 58-UD 3R Chipset Intel X58 Rev 13 Southbridge

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 26.21.14.3039
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 430.39

Audio:
High Definition Audio Unit
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA VirtualAudio Device (Wave Exstensible) (WDM)

I'm probably missing something obvious here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.