Jump to content
Nuvya

Women's : Stores , quality and realism

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all!
First of all I apologize if this is not the place where i should ask this question.
My query is the following one and it is directed mainly to the girls or to those people who know about the subject.
I am interested in acquiring intimate  (feminine) parts within SL although I am quite confused about the brands, the qualities of each one and its operation.
I'm looking for something quite realistic because my avatar is like that.I am wearing a Maitreya body
I was state visiting certain stores like Xcite! And Vaw but I'm still pretty confused.
Especially because I just went to the Xcite store,  i has  heard good reviews to other people , and now I'm not sure if it will get an update of the private parts for women soon.
My query is the following, according to your experience. Which brands lead the market and offer a better quality and realism?
Thank you

Edited by Nuvya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One factor missing from your question is which body you use.

IMO the bits sold by A Lady's Secret are very realistic, and they respond to skin and body appliers. These bits are only available for Maitreya bodies.

XCite! is a very old brand and people tend to praise it because they know it. But the one thing that I never liked is that it likes to tell you how you feel and that it is otherwise chatty. I don;t know how well their bits work with various bodies.

Sensations is another one with a reputation to uphold and comes with many options and whatnot, but for this one too goes that I don't know how well they work with various bodies.

I know VAW only from the marketplace, so I can't tell you anything useful there other than that I like the look, but that's as far as it goes.

Wrapping up: I personally don't like body parts that talk to you, or that decide for you how aroused you may or may not be. IMO it takes away from the moment, whether it's you and your love interest with a glass of wine staring at the sunset, or having crazy sex with the one you love. I don;t need my body parts to tell me what I feel. My RL body already does that for me. So in the end, all that matters to me in this context is that the bits look good.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Oh. "all", not "turtles". Makes sense!

   Anyway, when I kitted my female alt up, I went with the same philosophy as when I made my male avatar - whether I'll be using it or not, I'd like my avatar to be 'complete'. I was advised to get for the VAW one, and I think that it works very well - however, I'd suggest the "inner only" option (both options come in the same pack), as the outer parts may clip when you move, and can be iffy to get in the right skin tone (essentially it's the same issue as with neck seams - even using skins supplied by the same skin creator, how they appear on the mesh may differ depending on the brand - and in that area, it can be pretty much just one big neck seam!). Can't really say much about it's functionality though as I never tinkered with that (there's a pun in there-- But I don't think the forum rating would allow it!).

   As with anything though, I'd advise that you demo as much as you can, to get a first hand experience.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orwar said:

   Oh. "all", not "turtles". Makes sense!

   Anyway, when I kitted my female alt up, I went with the same philosophy as when I made my male avatar - whether I'll be using it or not, I'd like my avatar to be 'complete'. I was advised to get for the VAW one, and I think that it works very well - however, I'd suggest the "inner only" option (both options come in the same pack), as the outer parts may clip when you move, and can be iffy to get in the right skin tone (essentially it's the same issue as with neck seams - even using skins supplied by the same skin creator, how they appear on the mesh may differ depending on the brand - and in that area, it can be pretty much just one big neck seam!). Can't really say much about it's functionality though as I never tinkered with that (there's a pun in there-- But I don't think the forum rating would allow it!).

   As with anything though, I'd advise that you demo as much as you can, to get a first hand experience.

hahahaha 

I laughed a lot at the beginning.
Thanks for comment :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just confirming what you've already been told. I was put off even trying XCITE in my early days by the amount of spam it generated in local chat in adult clubs. Everything Orwar has said about VAW is correct, I'll just add functionality is pretty good, I've tested it extensively ;) . If you do decide to get it I'd avoid using the giving others access option, the animations are less than convincing when the avi's involved are a foot apart. I've used it with system, TMP, Maitreya and Altamura bodies and it works well with all of them. The other intimate parts sold by VAW I'm less than enthusiastic about , fitting can literally be a pain in the rear end.

There are also bento bits available now, I haven't tried them so can't comment on them but they may be worth investigating.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, suzyst said:

Just confirming what you've already been told. I was put off even trying XCITE in my early days by the amount of spam it generated in local chat in adult clubs. Everything Orwar has said about VAW is correct, I'll just add functionality is pretty good, I've tested it extensively ;) . If you do decide to get it I'd avoid using the giving others access option, the animations are less than convincing when the avi's involved are a foot apart. I've used it with system, TMP, Maitreya and Altamura bodies and it works well with all of them. The other intimate parts sold by VAW I'm less than enthusiastic about , fitting can literally be a pain in the rear end.

There are also bento bits available now, I haven't tried them so can't comment on them but they may be worth investigating.

Thanks for comment :) its good to know your experience . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

One factor missing from your question is which body you use.

IMO the bits sold by A Lady's Secret are very realistic, and they respond to skin and body appliers. These bits are only available for Maitreya bodies.

XCite! is a very old brand and people tend to praise it because they know it. But the one thing that I never liked is that it likes to tell you how you feel and that it is otherwise chatty. I don;t know how well their bits work with various bodies.

Sensations is another one with a reputation to uphold and comes with many options and whatnot, but for this one too goes that I don't know how well they work with various bodies.

I know VAW only from the marketplace, so I can't tell you anything useful there other than that I like the look, but that's as far as it goes.

Wrapping up: I personally don't like body parts that talk to you, or that decide for you how aroused you may or may not be. IMO it takes away from the moment, whether it's you and your love interest with a glass of wine staring at the sunset, or having crazy sex with the one you love. I don;t need my body parts to tell me what I feel. My RL body already does that for me. So in the end, all that matters to me in this context is that the bits look good.

Thanks for comment :)  .  I'm still learning about all it and its good for me to know your experience .
xoxo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Our parts shouldn't talk to us"  

If you were born male, you'd know they actually make suggestions all the time. 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gadget Portal said:

"Our parts shouldn't talk to us"  

If you were born male, you'd know they actually make suggestions all the time. 

THANK YOU!

At last, confirmation of what we've all been thinking for all of this time!

 

(Does admitting this publicly mean that you'll get thrown out of The Club, though? I worry.)

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 12:09 AM, Nuvya said:

I was state visiting certain stores like Xcite! And Vaw but I'm still pretty confused.
Especially because I just went to the Xcite store,  i has  heard good reviews to other people , and now I'm not sure if it will get an update of the private parts for women soon.

The Xcite attachments are extremely script heavy. It's script memory usage is enough to get you kicked from some sims; I've seen cases where someone's lady parts have had a higher memory count than the other seven avatars on sim combined. And that's before we get to the talking body parts thing, which is just... a big nope from me.

I've used VAW, and it's pretty great. They have a rigged version which you can just plug in and play, without needing to reposition or resize anything. By default it comes with that part of your body from near the navel downwards, which can be a nightmare to colour correctly, but that can easily be turned off.

There are other brands that I've heard people are happy with... just avoid Xcite :P

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 21, 2019 at 2:14 PM, Gadget Portal said:

"Our parts shouldn't talk to us"  

If you were born male, you'd know they actually make suggestions all the time. 

Usually not very smart suggestions though.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 4:09 PM, Nuvya said:


I was state visiting certain stores like Xcite! And Vaw but I'm still pretty confused.
Especially because I just went to the Xcite store,  i has  heard good reviews to other people , and now I'm not sure if it will get an update of the private parts for women soon.
 

I like Xcite! but they are right, it is WAY script heavy.

The male X5 came out 2 or 3 years ago as I remember. The female X5 was coming real soon. No word on it and Xcite! support has gone silent. So, while once upon a time it was consider the Cadillac of pee-pees... I don't recommend it.

Remember. Not many lovers know how to use Xcite! or other genitals other than their own... and many not even their own.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Remember. Not many lovers know how to use Xcite! or other genitals other than their own... and many not even their own.

A lot like RL.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 7:31 AM, AyelaNewLife said:

The Xcite attachments are extremely script heavy. It's script memory usage is enough to get you kicked from some sims; I've seen cases where someone's lady parts have had a higher memory count than the other seven avatars on sim combined. And that's before we get to the talking body parts thing, which is just... a big nope from me.

I've used VAW, and it's pretty great. They have a rigged version which you can just plug in and play, without needing to reposition or resize anything. By default it comes with that part of your body from near the navel downwards, which can be a nightmare to colour correctly, but that can easily be turned off.

There are other brands that I've heard people are happy with... just avoid Xcite :P

Wow is a good answer.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
I am somewhat doubtful about Vaw but I will try it.
:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 9:14 PM, Gadget Portal said:

"Our parts shouldn't talk to us"  

If you were born male, you'd know they actually make suggestions all the time. 

what? next you will tell us when a guy meet a girl he don't think "wow, i bet she like poetry, piano songs and long walks on sunset " but rather " nice boobs" or " her ass could be bigger"?

my world is shattered 😱

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kweopi said:

"wow, i bet she like poetry, piano songs and long walks on sunset "

   Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser,
   wer Bettler oder Kaiser?
   Ob Arm, ob Reich,
   im Tode gleich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 12:09 AM, Nuvya said:

Hi all!
First of all I apologize if this is not the place where i should ask this question.
My query is the following one and it is directed mainly to the girls or to those people who know about the subject.
I am interested in acquiring intimate  (feminine) parts within SL although I am quite confused about the brands, the qualities of each one and its operation.
I'm looking for something quite realistic because my avatar is like that.I am wearing a Maitreya body
I was state visiting certain stores like Xcite! And Vaw but I'm still pretty confused.
Especially because I just went to the Xcite store,  i has  heard good reviews to other people , and now I'm not sure if it will get an update of the private parts for women soon.
My query is the following, according to your experience. Which brands lead the market and offer a better quality and realism?
Thank you

If you use Maitreya I would recomend  A Lady's secret Pro Bento Vajayjay it rigger especially for Maitreya and will fit perfectly and it's Omega compatible so you can use ant Omega skins with seamless tinting. And animations are lovely it comes even with piercings if you want to use them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MorrianaDarkstar said:

A Lady's secret Pro Bento Vajayjay

   That's... An interesting name for that bit. "Pro", short for "Professional", refers to being occupational, not necessarily good - even if that's what 'most' people these days use it for (which rather grinds my gears). But I suppose it could be employed professionally ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MorrianaDarkstar said:

And animations are lovely

And the what are lovely?

Does it dance? Sing? Hop madly about the bed? 😮

I seriously have to check these out.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, Orwar said:

   That's... An interesting name for that bit. "Pro", short for "Professional", refers to being occupational, not necessarily good - even if that's what 'most' people these days use it for (which rather grinds my gears). But I suppose it could be employed professionally ...

Pro is from Professional and it's exactly that one well made professional product wit attention to details iand it's rigged for Maitreya so fit the body perfect I am happy with the product. and NO I DID NOT work for the brand if you think that. just my personal opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 5:43 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And the what are lovely?

Does it dance? Sing? Hop madly about the bed? 😮

I seriously have to check these out.

When I say animations are lovely I mean the lady bit animations are realistic and move with your fingers movement when you have naughty fun with yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MorrianaDarkstar said:

Pro is from Professional and it's exactly that one well made professional product wit attention to details iand it's rigged for Maitreya so fit the body perfect I am happy with the product. and NO I DID NOT work for the brand if you think that. just my personal opinion

   No, I mean, the other way around. A product marketed as "professional" doesn't tend to mean that it is "made by professionals" but rather "made for professionals".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on what you want.

Realistic but a little limited? VAW (looks amazing, but only has three states and such)

Fancy but anatomically incorrect? Lady's Secret. (looks very good and is animated, but it's positioned roughly where you'd normally have pubes so it's more on display)

Feature-rich but not seamless? Psicorp. (They're not rigged, so there's always a seam, but they have tons of fancy features.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 11:31 AM, AyelaNewLife said:

The Xcite attachments are extremely script heavy. It's script memory usage is enough to get you kicked from some sims; I've seen cases where someone's lady parts have had a higher memory count than the other seven avatars on sim combined. And that's before we get to the talking body parts thing, which is just... a big nope from me.

I've used VAW, and it's pretty great. They have a rigged version which you can just plug in and play, without needing to reposition or resize anything. By default it comes with that part of your body from near the navel downwards, which can be a nightmare to colour correctly, but that can easily be turned off.

There are other brands that I've heard people are happy with... just avoid Xcite :P

One of the huds for the Vaw textures the outer labia for the flesh tones of quite a few major skin brands. There shouldn't be a need for any tinting nightmares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...