Bellis Blues Café (a new venue for the community)

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/22/2019 at 1:51 AM, BJoyful said:

Don't give up Bitsy, HUGS💜 MOAR PaRtieS is never enough  :D 

Currently Bellisseria is a fraction of what is yet to come!  Your hippy hangout sounds like the best sort of dream to have and to share 🥰

I can only wholeheartedly concur with your wonderful words of encouragement. ❤️

Also, the world would a barren place, really, if everyone said "Wut?! Someone already did a bakery?! Oh well, that's it then: I'm out!" :) Seriously, more joy is to be had with more variety. If anything, gasping at all beautiful creations ppl keep coming up with, I am continually amazed at the inventiveness and ingenuity of the human soul. I'm sure there's room for Bitsy's creations too. And I, for one, would welcome it! :) 

• Like 6

Your cafe looks divine Prudence. I cannot wait to drag my boyfriend to see it when we both get a chance to login. 

please forgive the off topic, but I just wanted to say thank you to you Prudence and everyone who puts so much of their imagination, time and heart to create these wonderful places you're all sharing with us. Thank you to those who will follow that in the future too! Live your dreams. That is what I like to think Bellisseria is there for. I hope it continues bringing people together and inspiring. ❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2019 at 5:06 PM, PrudenceAnton said:

Welcome to the Bellisseria's community blues cafe.

We wanted to give something back to the community, a place to gather, socialize and enjoy a cup of java (we have whiskey and beer, too) ;).  A place where we could share our stories.  The excitement of a new community on a beautiful continent that Linden Labs created, not just for the premium members that are nestled into the houses and houseboats across the regions, but all members of Second Life.

A place for those already residing here and those waiting, eager with anticipation to hold residence on this gorgeous landscape. Its a friendly place, set on a bluff overlooking the sea and rows of houseboats below.

The most exciting thing about Bellis Blues Café is the music!  Offering the only blues music venue on Bellisseria.  Our goal is to hold events with live DJs, providing the music we all love.  This will include not only blues music, but giving patrons a diverse listening pleasure to all genre of music as they visit the coffee house to mingle among their friends, dance and share their stories.

Providing a community place is a work of dedication by many.  @Chic Aeon offered her skills and designed the addition to the building along with her interior decorating flare.  Cian and I, were very excited to have her onboard to help launch this venue for the community.

The cafe is open 24/7 to any and all that wish to stop on by, relax, listen to music, dance and find a bit of solace, or celebration and a slice of Bellisseria they can call their own.

Most of all, to those without a home, come to the cafe, make this place your own.  Let off a little steam from the frustration, share your thoughts with others seeking a home and find commodity together, become a part of the community with the rest of us.

I'll be reaching out to the Pirate DJs of Bellisseria, in hopes of scheduling events at the blues cafe to feature your music style.  If anyone would enjoy volunteering their time to host/hostessing here, please contact me.  Also, if you have skills at management and would like to volunteer your time at the cafe, scheduling events and making up a calender, send me an IM or notecard in world to:  prudenceanton

Please be sure to join our group when you visit the coffee house so we can keep you updated on events for the community.

Note:  This is a faux community establishment and not a real business.  Its a non profit place, abiding by LL covenant. (This covenant is subject to change in accordance with LL ToS)

Credits and thanks to: 
@Chic Aeon for her generous contributions to the cafe.
@Dick Spad for the photos of the Bellis Blues Café 

Landmark to Bellis Blues Café http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Domingos/38/241/36

Bcafe - 7.png

Bcafe - 1.png

Bcafe -5.png

Bcafe - 8.png

I will definitely be stopping by...blues is my favorite music!

• Like 3

On 7/21/2019 at 2:44 AM, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

This looks great. There really isn't much need for my hippy hangout place, is there? It's hard to give up a dream but there isn't any point in continuing.

Well done on this and all of the other wonderful places in Belli. Have a fantastic time.

If you give up, where is my alt (Litta) going to wear her big hair, bellbottoms, and leather fringy top at?  Hmmm?  Riddle me that!

Keep trying, Bitsy!

• Like 7

Wasn't that a PaRtAy!!!!!  

fbb80964fb2f503547c9fa0c57249c14.gif

DJ Doc's Mixed-Up Blues really took us on quite a musical journey from the  Deep House Blues Chunky by Format B all the way to...

b22f21c31d7794cb1c453d7f3921d835.gif

Lynryd Skynyrd's Free Bird! ♪♪  Southern Blues-Rock at it's Rockin Guitar Solo finest!!  

Thank you Pru & Cian for your generosity in sharing this wonderful Bellisserian Home as the Bellisserian Blues Cafe!  Stunning decor Pru and add-on created by @Chic Aeon have produced a welcome casual ambience which reminded me of a RL fave local hangout I dearly miss...

The iconic neon sign followed the Blue Note from Main Street to its short stay on Portage Avenue.

You have all done the Belli Blues Cafe up proper!!  :D  Thank you to everyone for making this PaRtAy a Bluestacular roof raising record breaker!! 🎶 ♫  🕺 💃   ♪   🕺 💃   ♫   🕺 💃   ♪  🎶

• Like 9

On 7/23/2019 at 4:13 AM, PrudenceAnton said:

Now we have an inside joke going on at the Bellis Blues Cafe. So far this week, 3 people have stopped by the cafe for a visit and ended up getting homes on new region releases later the same morning.  Maybe we're the lucky blues house?  🍀

Okay.. This must be jinxed. I stopped by the cafe yesterday and only a few hours later I finally got a house during the new release! \o/

So everyone still homeless should give it a try! :D  Magic is all around us - You just gotta believe. :) 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Okay.. This must be jinxed. I stopped by the cafe yesterday and only a few hours later I finally got a house during the new release! \o/

So everyone still homeless should give it a try! :D  Magic is all around us - You just gotta believe. :) 

congrats, you are the number 4th person now who got house this way

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Congrats Chuckey! Glad you got your new home.  I don't know if we're lucky or not, but its becoming a pretty awesome coincidence!  That makes 4 now! 🍀

• Like 6

Well I haven't gotten a house BUT I just saw two houses for the first time after 4 days of nothing at all. That's still pretty impressive! :D 

EDIT: Just saw a house boat too. That's 2 houses in as many hours.

Edited by RaeLeeH
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Mae Omizu said:

Live Blues singer at the cafe right now, and a pretty decent crowd! Phi is rocking it!

It was fabulous!  Loved listening to the live music.  I had a good time.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.