Bellis Blues Café (a new venue for the community)

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome to the Bellisseria's community blues cafe.

We wanted to give something back to the community, a place to gather, socialize and enjoy a cup of java (we have whiskey and beer, too) ;).  A place where we could share our stories.  The excitement of a new community on a beautiful continent that Linden Labs created, not just for the premium members that are nestled into the houses and houseboats across the regions, but all members of Second Life.

A place for those already residing here and those waiting, eager with anticipation to hold residence on this gorgeous landscape. Its a friendly place, set on a bluff overlooking the sea and rows of houseboats below.

The most exciting thing about Bellis Blues Café is the music!  Offering the only blues music venue on Bellisseria.  Our goal is to hold events with live DJs, providing the music we all love.  This will include not only blues music, but giving patrons a diverse listening pleasure to all genre of music as they visit the coffee house to mingle among their friends, dance and share their stories.

Providing a community place is a work of dedication by many.  @Chic Aeon offered her skills and designed the addition to the building along with her interior decorating flare.  Cian and I, were very excited to have her onboard to help launch this venue for the community.

The cafe is open 24/7 to any and all that wish to stop on by, relax, listen to music, dance and find a bit of solace, or celebration and a slice of Bellisseria they can call their own.

Most of all, to those without a home, come to the cafe, make this place your own.  Let off a little steam from the frustration, share your thoughts with others seeking a home and find commodity together, become a part of the community with the rest of us.

I'll be reaching out to the Pirate DJs of Bellisseria, in hopes of scheduling events at the blues cafe to feature your music style.  If anyone would enjoy volunteering their time to host/hostessing here, please contact me.  Also, if you have skills at management and would like to volunteer your time at the cafe, scheduling events and making up a calender, send me an IM or notecard in world to:  prudenceanton

Please be sure to join our group when you visit the coffee house so we can keep you updated on events for the community.

Note:  This is a faux community establishment and not a real business.  Its a non profit place, abiding by LL covenant. (This covenant is subject to change in accordance with LL ToS)

Credits and thanks to: 
@Chic Aeon for her generous contributions to the cafe.
@Dick Spad for the photos of the Bellis Blues Café 

Landmark to Bellis Blues Café http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Domingos/38/241/36

Bcafe - 7.png

Bcafe - 1.png

Bcafe -5.png

Bcafe - 8.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 24

10 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Welcome to the Bellisseria's community blues cafe.

We wanted to give something back to the community, a place to gather, socialize and enjoy a cup of java (we have whiskey and beer, too) ;).  A place where we could share our stories.  The excitement of a new community on a beautiful continent that Linden Labs created, not just for the premium members that are nestled into the houses and houseboats across the regions, but all members of Second Life.

A place for those already residing here and those waiting, eager with anticipation to hold residence on this gorgeous landscape. Its a friendly place, set on a bluff overlooking the sea and rows of houseboats below.

The most exciting thing about Bellis Blues Café is the music!  Offering the only blues music venue on Bellisseria.  Our goal is to hold events with live DJs, providing the music we all love.  This will include not only blues music, but giving patrons a diverse listening pleasure to all genre of music as they visit the coffee house to mingle among their friends, dance and share their stories.

Providing a community place is a work of dedication by many.  @Chic Aeon offered her skills and designed the addition to the building along with her interior decorating flare.  Cian and I, were very excited to have her onboard to help launch this venue for the community.

The cafe is open 24/7 to any and all that wish to stop on by, relax, listen to music, dance and find a bit of solace, or celebration and a slice of Bellisseria they can call their own.

Most of all, to those without a home, come to the cafe, make this place your own.  Let off a little steam from the frustration, share your thoughts with others seeking a home and find commodity together, become a part of the community with the rest of us.

I'll be reaching out to the Pirate DJs of Bellisseria, in hopes of scheduling events at the blues cafe to feature your music style.  If anyone would enjoy volunteering their time to host/hostessing here, please contact me.  Also, if you have skills at management and would like to volunteer your time at the cafe, scheduling events and making up a calender, send me an IM or notecard in world to:  prudenceanton

Please be sure to join our group when you visit the coffee house so we can keep you updated on events for the community.

Note:  This is a faux community establishment and not a real business.  Its a non profit place, abiding by LL covenant. (This covenant is subject to change in accordance with LL ToS)

Credits and thanks to: 
@Chic Aeon for her generous contributions to the cafe.
@Dick Spad for the photos of the Bellis Blues Café 

Landmark to Bellis Blues Café http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Domingos/38/241/36

Bcafe - 7.png

Bcafe - 1.png

Bcafe -5.png

Bcafe - 8.png

Prudence!! You did a wickedly awesome job there! ❤️ I must come and visit it now. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hamster stopped in for a visit the other day to meet her friends and see their new space. It is sooooooooo nice!!

(I was also secretly there to check on carrot crate and acorn platter) but no one tell the hoomans that ok?? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

This looks great. There really isn't much need for my hippy hangout place, is there? It's hard to give up a dream but there isn't any point in continuing.

Well done on this and all of the other wonderful places in Belli. Have a fantastic time.

I don't see why you would need to give it up if it's something that makes you happy to do! You just need to put the word out there about it and I am sure people would love to come and hang out! ♥

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So, I put out a few notices late tonight in some of the groups. Cian and I were alone at the cafe as I worked to get the word out.  Then suddenly, we had a crowd and an impromptu live blues DJ showed up. What a great night. Thank you all for showing up.

224196292_dancingtheblues.thumb.png.7bfa4674c139b725ddbf5e890232c78e.png

493397609_Bellis1stevent.thumb.png.4755954e04466453af1b5b82b75a3b28.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

This looks great. There really isn't much need for my hippy hangout place, is there? It's hard to give up a dream but there isn't any point in continuing.

Well done on this and all of the other wonderful places in Belli. Have a fantastic time.

Thank you for the compliements. As large is the Bellisseria community is, it needs the various venues that residents are offering.  If this is your dream, please keep it going, Bitsy. ❤️

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JessycaJayne said:

I don't see why you would need to give it up if it's something that makes you happy to do! You just need to put the word out there about it and I am sure people would love to come and hang out! ♥

Thanks for the optimism JessycaJayne, but I haven't managed to even get a place in Belli yet or find a way to become part of the community. The question for me is how much more energy to expend on trying. With every new thing popping up, there's just less need for another one and more competition for people's time. I'm not very good at any of that so it's probably best to just accept that the time when my idea might have been viable has already passed.

But I do wish everyone well in their endeavours. You're all building something really wonderful here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Thank you Kira. Though due credit must be given to @Chic Aeon for all her work she donated to the cafe!  Please stop on by!

Oh, I will definitely stop by today. ❤️ And thanks for mentioning @Chic Aeon too. You both really outdid yourselves here!

Edited by kiramanell
And if only I could type properly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Thanks for the optimism JessycaJayne, but I haven't managed to even get a place in Belli yet or find a way to become part of the community. The question for me is how much more energy to expend on trying. With every new thing popping up, there's just less need for another one and more competition for people's time. I'm not very good at any of that so it's probably best to just accept that the time when my idea might have been viable has already passed.

But I do wish everyone well in their endeavours. You're all building something really wonderful here.

I read your earlier post too; and, must admit, I was rather saddened by it. :( It's always hard to read how life can throw a curve ball at someone, and seeing them suffer because of it. 🤗 I just want to put it out there, that you can most certainly already be a part of the community. We are generally good folks, and we don't bite**. :) You should always feel welcome to come and visit us. And, to stay entirely ontopic, there's the new Bellis Blues Café, of course. 🤤 No one there is going to ask you to show the deed to your Bellisseria home, before you are let in. :) It's all open to the public anyway. I get that you want your own "Forever Home" too (to shamelessly borrow a term from @RaeLeeH), and, if recent "I got one!!" posts over the last few days are any indication, I certainly think that's possible. But in the meantime (while I'm 'borrowing' words of other ppl, LOL), please keep in mind what @Beth Macbain said: it's not about houses, or homes, but about heart. It's about people. And in that sense, you are, to me, already as much part of the community as anyone else. :)

**I cannot guarantee the same for certain rodents showing up at at Belli at random hours. 🤣 Caveat Emptor!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.