Hide a folder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like Lil's suggestion.  I'd carry it a step farther...

Create a folder called "Hidden Folders".  Then put all the stuff you don't want to be bothered with in there.

Of course, I am the girl who puts a sign outside her secret dungeon that says, "Secret Dungeon".

gee_023.png.cf5ac33b2df6f50e1fb4e9b87162204e.png

• Haha 5

On 7/20/2019 at 11:37 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I like Lil's suggestion.  I'd carry it a step farther...

Create a folder called "Hidden Folders".  Then put all the stuff you don't want to be bothered with in there.

Of course, I am the girl who puts a sign outside her secret dungeon that says, "Secret Dungeon".

gee_023.png.cf5ac33b2df6f50e1fb4e9b87162204e.png

yeah-so-much-for-subtle-bruce_o_1897923.

On 7/20/2019 at 4:21 PM, Eliza Mint said:

Is there anyway to hide folders in your inventory?

proxy.duckduckgo.jpg.135adca748944c12b984a09a066c325b.jpg

Well, make that a yes and no.

Hypothetically, there's a way to make them very hard to find. I don't know if the SL inventory system allows this, but maybe it will work. Make ten folders named 1 to 10. Copy them, paste them underneath the first 10. Repeat this about ten times. Then, paste them inside each of the first 10 folders. Then, copy these parent folders and paste then in each of the next 10 folders. Then copy these, and paste them in the next ten, until you have reached the last 10. These last 10 should now each be 10 levels deep. By doing this, you created 10¹⁰ folders, which is a lot of folders, about 10 billion. It's quite laborious, having to copy/paste over a 100 times, but the ROI is a trillion %, so that's not so bad. The next step is to randomly open folders within folders from this last set of 10, until you are 10 folders deep. Do it quickly, and squint your eyes, so you have limitied knowledge of the actual folder you are in. Then, drop all the stuff in there you want to hide. Then, hit the Collapse button at the top of your inventory. Then, shout out loud a whole bunch of random numbers for 5 minutes straight, to forget any of the possible folder numbers you opened. Your content and 10th level folder are now pretty much (but not completely) hidden. It'd probably take you a very long time to find them again.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Haha 2

I can think of one way to get the behaviour you want, but it's "off-label" use of inventory. However I think it should be safe to do. No guarantees though - if your inventory coughs up a hairball, not my fault  :D

There are certain system folders in inventory that are hidden. One such folder is the "Merchant Outbox" folder.
This folder is no longer used for anything since the Marketplace moved over to VMM (Viewer Managed Marketplace) years ago & the folder should be empty.

You can expose this folder by doing the following:
Open inventory.
Gear menu (Show additional options) bottom left -> Show Filters.
In the filters window, tick "Always show folders".
This will expose all those hidden folders, including the Merchant Outbox. You should see the "Merchant Outbox" folder sorted to the top of inventory between Lost & Found and Notecards.

You can create subfolders in the Merchant Outbox & drag or cut/paste your items you want to hide into this folder.
When done, untick "Always show folders" in inventory filters.
Your stuff is now hidden & inventory search will ignore items in this folder.

When you need to get your stuff back, just tick "Always show folders" again.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I can think of one way to get the behaviour you want, but it's "off-label" use of inventory. However I think it should be safe to do. No guarantees though - if your inventory coughs up a hairball, not my fault  :D

There are certain system folders in inventory that are hidden. One such folder is the "Merchant Outbox" folder.
This folder is no longer used for anything since the Marketplace moved over to VMM (Viewer Managed Marketplace) years ago & the folder should be empty.

That sounds like the best workaround I'm going to get!  Thank you Whirly!! 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.