Bellisseria Choo-Choo Train Thread

Seba Serpente
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you combine my technical answer with Squeaky's answer with the roleplaying aspect, it should make sense. While occasionally it wouldn't be a problem to have an oncoming train going through yours, it can be annoying, you would have to ignore it entirely in a roleplay scene, etc. It would be definitely easier to skip the block control system, but it's actually good that they intend to make something advanced. Once it'll work, it will be great.

• Like 2

Yup. "Occasionally" it wouldn't be a problem, sadly we know many users would Aldi just love to ride high speed non realistic and ruin it for everyone else. 

I'm heavily watching the tracks when I can and trying to learn from suggestions. For example we are testing new rez zones that don't require switches. 

But being a mole means you don't just get to do what you want, a lot of things have higher priority as people rather have new homes like Stilt Homes than railroad tracks 😛

Together we'll make it work great sooner or later! But please keep in mind we have limitations we have to work with as these regions are focused on homes so we can't do everything we want too. I'd love to have two way tracks but on Linden Homes that will never happen for example.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

• 3 weeks later...

My efforts at building a locomotive have shown up some of the problems with the standard SLRR/VRC scripts, and the Bellisaria forces single-vehicle trains, a single linkset which bends in the middle.

There's other reasons for that tech. All the steam engines I use, the models I have made, are tank locomotives, no tender needed to carry coal and water. I have seen the old-style SLRR rolling stock do all sorts of strange things. Either a tender locomotive looks oddly rigid, or it needs to use an articulated primset.

One of the tank engines I have built was often "autocoach fitted". A special coach with the fittings to control the locomotive from a cab at the far end of the coach. That combination would be a good articulated primset.

I think the SLRR and VRC needs a new generation of available scripts.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:43 AM, Squeaky Mole said:

Delay in block is correct. Though to simplify it in Second Life I rather say sections so hopefully everyone understands it.

I will look at those issues this week but if you can please directly IM me in world with the slurl. It would be easier for me to jump and fix something quickly.

What I find is that I get to a spot where there's a red light, and I dutifully wait. 5 minutes. 10 minutes. I then think to look on the map, and all through Bellissaria, and I see nothing moving. An oncoming train would show another avatar moving on the map on the tracks, no? Although I suppose there could be some ghost trains, especially if the damn pods are now going to be invading Belli, too. But I look and look and see nothing. So I go ahead cautiously, and go around the entire loop and see nothing. I will try to mark the SLURL next time. But tho it breaks the immersion, a solution would be to just pick up my train and jump off if another train is oncoming.

I found my old Hellbound train from 2009. It rids along but then gets off the tracks. The function "to tracks" makes it go on the tracks again, but I think it just doesn't work with the Belli tracks, I guess the SLRR and Belli scripts are different from what I gather. I will see if the maker still exists inworld.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

On 10/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

An oncoming train would show another avatar moving on the map on the tracks, no? Although I suppose there could be some ghost trains, especially if the damn pods are now going to be invading Belli, too. But I look and look and see nothing.

You stepped out of Mainland for a while and already missed the pods, hm? :) As long as object entry remains disabled on most of the protected parcels on Belli, there won't be "random" automated traffic, and it greatly reduces the chance of lost ghost trains as well. It would be great if Belli could have pods too, and some realistic automatic trains that fit in the theme, and it wouldn't be hard to properly implement it, the rezzers just have to be set to the LDPW group, and there are examples of that on Mainland, so I can see a chance for a bright future of automatic trains on Belli as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AlettaMondragon said:

You stepped out of Mainland for a while and already missed the pods, hm? :) As long as object entry remains disabled on most of the protected parcels on Belli, there won't be "random" automated traffic, and it greatly reduces the chance of lost ghost trains as well. It would be great if Belli could have pods too, and some realistic automatic trains that fit in the theme, and it wouldn't be hard to properly implement it, the rezzers just have to be set to the LDPW group, and there are examples of that on Mainland, so I can see a chance for a bright future of automatic trains on Belli as well.

No, I didn't miss any pods. Oh, here I am on a sim, and there goes and empty one. Like the last one I saw just before that on another sim. And yet another...They're always empty. And perhaps Belli is the chance to change that, and make them ONLY rez on demand.

Obviously, the Lindens can turn off or on "object entry," or perhaps even override it just for their pods. I hope they won't do that. I think as there are more people actually logging on and spending time in their homes in Belli, there won't be the tolerance for empty pod spam that there is on the Mainland now.

Snapshot_021.jpg

Empty Pod.jpg

Empty Pod 3.jpg

Empty boat pod.png

Edited by Prokofy Neva

@Prokofy Neva Oh my god, Prokofy, thanks for trying to ruin this topic with this nonsense too. Did you forget it is a Bellisseria train topic?

Wait, I'll try to help once more: Automatic vehicles on Belli could be controlled easily, if LL would allow only a few people to run them at certain areas, with properly thought out requirements. It could work like the ONSR. Especially on a huge continent with limited rez zones compared to its size, and the no object entry setting since it is Linden Homes, automatic vehicles would make even more sense than on Mainland. When you lose your car, train, magic carpet, whatever on a bad crossing - and that's pretty sure crossings will still cause issues sometimes even after the uplift - you could hop on the next automatic thing for a while, until the next rez zone for example.

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I think as there are more people actually logging on and spending time in their homes in Belli, there won't be the tolerance for empty pod spam that there is on the Mainland now.

Maybe. Maybe not. When I find a region too laggy while travelling through, I check the worn script stats of avatars in the sim. Most of those I happen to check are excessively scripted, probably for no reason. I doubt they would care about resources or unnecessary objects in their home sim. I also haven't seen any kind of intolerance in any related groups against the possibility of automatic vehicles on Belli. It looks like your intolerance is a quite unique thing. :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlettaMondragon said:

I also haven't seen any kind of intolerance in any related groups against the possibility of automatic vehicles on Belli. It looks like your intolerance is a quite unique thing. :) 

? The Lindens/Moles have not spoken about bringing pods to Belli, so why would it occur to any Belli group to discuss it?

I think public opinion would generally be in favor of a SPRINKLING of automatic vehicles.  But not for the reason you suggest, as an alternative transportation network.  That would require a multiplicity of routes and frequency of vehicles that I think many would experience as oppressive.  Just my opinion, but wanted to let you know that Prok's opinion may not be as unique as you think.  Personally, the mainland's endless parade of empty vehicles makes it feel MORE empty, not less so, to me.

Having tour rezzers at every rez zone for on-demand tours seems like an appealing compromise.  Rez zones are not all that rare in Belli, if you look at the comprehensive lists that Belli Citizens Group distributes.  I think tours at the train rez zones would be particularly heavily used; like in real life, a lot more people want to ride the rails than be an engineer! 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Personally, the mainland's endless parade of empty vehicles makes it feel MORE empty, not less so, to me.

That is basically the difference of the whole concept though. Mainland is pretty much as full as you fill it, with a variety of things, without much control. Belli is a nice, engineered, controlled residential environment. Especially this is why the control element is a viable argument in what Prokofy and you said. I tried to outline it too, but oh well.

I agree with the rest of your post, that's why I didn't quote it directly. I would agree with Prok on these things too, if it wasn't for his flaming hate of pods.

There's even an advantage of a rez-on-demand vehicle system on Belli, though. Those rezzers could be placed at areas where there aren't public rez zones. For example, bicycle rezzers at the streets. On the railroad, due to the track control system, they would have to be only at the rez zones (if I understood Squeaky correctly), but obviously, that would be still great for those that don't have their own rail vehicles yet, for example. Or those you mentioned that would rather be passengers than the operator of a train. The only thing that might facilitate an on-schedule service over rez-on-demand is the track control system. If there were multiple rezzers throughout a line, and several people rez trains at those points, it can be uncontrolled and cause issues, while a few trains that would run on a line on a not too frequent schedule would be more reliable, as there wouldn't be randomly rezzed automatic trains on the track at any time.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

empty pod spam

But is it really spam?  Just because they're empty?  I like to think of them as self-driving cars, a rl tech we are on the cusp of.  They're going so slow and are lacking in roofs so that folks can jump on and use them as taxis.  Like ski lifts, or those overhead carriages on cables that take you from one end of an amusement park to another.  Or like automated driverless train shuttles at airports;  I don't fly as much as I used to, so my only experience with that was with zipping to another terminal at Dallas-Fort Worth to catch a connecting flight.

If it was REALLY Spam, there'd be Vikings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

But is it really spam?  Just because they're empty?  I like to think of them as self-driving cars, a rl tech we are on the cusp of.  They're going so slow and are lacking in roofs so that folks can jump on and use them as taxis.  Like ski lifts, or those overhead carriages on cables that take you from one end of an amusement park to another.  Or like automated driverless train shuttles at airports;  I don't fly as much as I used to, so my only experience with that was with zipping to another terminal at Dallas-Fort Worth to catch a connecting flight.

If it was REALLY Spam, there'd be Vikings.

It's spam because it's constantly coming across the view, unasked for. I think the people who dismiss this concern simply don't live and work on sims, or see a variety of sims. Oh, here's another one. It's constant. Self-driving cars have people in them, generally.

Snapshot_034.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

? The Lindens/Moles have not spoken about bringing pods to Belli, so why would it occur to any Belli group to discuss it?

I think public opinion would generally be in favor of a SPRINKLING of automatic vehicles.  But not for the reason you suggest, as an alternative transportation network.  That would require a multiplicity of routes and frequency of vehicles that I think many would experience as oppressive.  Just my opinion, but wanted to let you know that Prok's opinion may not be as unique as you think.  Personally, the mainland's endless parade of empty vehicles makes it feel MORE empty, not less so, to me.

Having tour rezzers at every rez zone for on-demand tours seems like an appealing compromise.  Rez zones are not all that rare in Belli, if you look at the comprehensive lists that Belli Citizens Group distributes.  I think tours at the train rez zones would be particularly heavily used; like in real life, a lot more people want to ride the rails than be an engineer! 

You may have missed the triumphant posts from Patch Linden and his groupies in another thread in which it was declared that Yavana, the creator of the pods, was in meetings with Lindens and Moles, not only about restoring the pods, which were "mistakenly" halted for 2 days when they piled up in a crash, but even expanding them. To Belli.

Yes, the endless parade of vehicles is mournful, and makes it feel even more empty, well said. I hadn't thought of that aspect of it, because I'm there to see the empty pods, anyway, but yes, you're right.

There are rez zones in Belli; they are used. There are groups using them such as Bellissaria Parade. I use them. Rez on demand is the right thing to do.

I won't have to keep saying this if they start spamming them across Belli soon. It will be self-evident. And other people besides me will speak up. To describe this as "flaming hate" is silly; it's just a matter-of-fact statement, an expression of what is self-evident. It's just that when opinion goes against the "received wisdom" of the in-crowd, they imagine that the person is "spewing hate". 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

@Prokofy Neva Oh my god, Prokofy, thanks for trying to ruin this topic with this nonsense too. Did you forget it is a Bellisseria train topic?

Wait, I'll try to help once more: Automatic vehicles on Belli could be controlled easily, if LL would allow only a few people to run them at certain areas, with properly thought out requirements. It could work like the ONSR. Especially on a huge continent with limited rez zones compared to its size, and the no object entry setting since it is Linden Homes, automatic vehicles would make even more sense than on Mainland. When you lose your car, train, magic carpet, whatever on a bad crossing - and that's pretty sure crossings will still cause issues sometimes even after the uplift - you could hop on the next automatic thing for a while, until the next rez zone for example.

Maybe. Maybe not. When I find a region too laggy while travelling through, I check the worn script stats of avatars in the sim. Most of those I happen to check are excessively scripted, probably for no reason. I doubt they would care about resources or unnecessary objects in their home sim. I also haven't seen any kind of intolerance in any related groups against the possibility of automatic vehicles on Belli. It looks like your intolerance is a quite unique thing. :) 

Bellissarian train tracks are a good thing. Empty pods on the tracks are not. It adds to congestion and confusion. The Mainland, after all, is still bigger than Bellissaria -- at least for now. They will rapidly become a nuisance in Belli given the one-way issues.

Your "help" is merely just your opinion. Rez-on-demand is far more logical for the trains especially, given the tracks' limitations.

We already know the "only a few people" outside of Lindens and Moles is the one, Yavana, the creator. But that's one too many if it is spamming constantly and needlessly. 

Given the plethora of free vehicles out there, some of them very clever and well made, it's ridiculous to have these simplistic pods -- literally pods -- cluttering up Belli. Stop.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

It's spam because it's constantly coming across the view, unasked for. I think the people who dismiss this concern simply don't live and work on sims, or see a variety of sims. Oh, here's another one. It's constant. Self-driving cars have people in them, generally.

Snapshot_034.jpg

I used to see 'em all the time when I had roadside parcels, and boats on my parcels by Linden water.  Come to think of it, I've had places near train tracks  too.  I've always liked the traffic going by, but then again, the vehicles were enclosed enough that you couldn't tell if there weren't any passengers.  I see your point about the taxi service.  Though I do appreciate the taxi services folks have set up, as I've seen so much that way -- especially the ones with narration around those historical sims in Sansara.

I wish there was a way for you to enjoy them, but you just don't, and that's OK.  And you can't just derender them, given that five minutes later here comes ANOTHER one.  Maybe I should lend you my bazooka if you wanna take a shot at them lol

My favorite encounter with a driverless vehicle was when someone's car crashed into my art museum.  Instead of returning it, I built a whole exhibit around it, about cars and pollution.  I even put up pictures of roadkill lol

Anyhooooo, this thread is about trains in Belli.  And when we take trains in rl, do we buy a choo choo of our own, have it transported to a track, then drive it ourselves to work?  No.  We go stand at a train station, wait for the train, then hop on board.

But hey, I love trains.  Not everyone does.  But enough of us do.  😃

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
Me hate typos
  • Like 2

What would be cool in Belli would be if the SLRR group organized in some way to have folks take shifts, acting as train conductors, rezing their own trains at Belli train stations, then picking up passengers on the fly.  Train service with actual people driving the trains.  Especially if they get familiar with the sights along their routes;  The coolest real life train route I've been on is Amtrak's Empire Builder:  It runs through Glacier National Park, where volunteers from the National Park Service get on board to tell you all about the park, the historical markers, and the sights you're seeing.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 4

I won't have to keep saying this if they start spamming them across Belli soon. It will be self-evident. And other people besides me will speak up. To describe this as "flaming hate" is silly; it's just a matter-of-fact statement, an expression of what is self-evident. It's just that when opinion goes against the "received wisdom" of the in-crowd, they imagine that the person is "spewing hate". 

It's not your opinion differing from others' that exposes your hate, but the fact that you keep yelling all the same things again and again, when it comes to pods. ("THEY ARE EMPTY. THEY ARE SPAM.") You don't even complain about other automatic vehicles at all, only the pods. So it is only against the pods for you, nothing else.

Bellissarian train tracks are a good thing. Empty pods on the tracks are not. It adds to congestion and confusion. The Mainland, after all, is still bigger than Bellissaria -- at least for now. They will rapidly become a nuisance in Belli given the one-way issues.

Your "help" is merely just your opinion. Rez-on-demand is far more logical for the trains especially, given the tracks' limitations.

Sure. See this from earlier:

20 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

There's even an advantage of a rez-on-demand vehicle system on Belli, though. Those rezzers could be placed at areas where there aren't public rez zones. For example, bicycle rezzers at the streets. On the railroad, due to the track control system, they would have to be only at the rez zones (if I understood Squeaky correctly), but obviously, that would be still great for those that don't have their own rail vehicles yet, for example. Or those you mentioned that would rather be passengers than the operator of a train. The only thing that might facilitate an on-schedule service over rez-on-demand is the track control system. If there were multiple rezzers throughout a line, and several people rez trains at those points, it can be uncontrolled and cause issues, while a few trains that would run on a line on a not too frequent schedule would be more reliable, as there wouldn't be randomly rezzed automatic trains on the track at any time.

We already know the "only a few people" outside of Lindens and Moles is the one, Yavana, the creator. But that's one too many if it is spamming constantly and needlessly.

No. In fact, Yavanna isn't in the Maintenance and LDPW groups which would allow her to set her rezzers to those groups, to keep her objects on all Linden-owned public lands. The example of that is Kitto Flora and the ONSR tracks and maglev trains in the Snowlands, which are set to the Maintenance group. And that shows a nice project shared between LL and an individual creator.

There's also a weird aspect of this anti-pod attitude when it comes to arguments like "they are empty, unused, unnecessary", etc. Especially when you support this with pictures of empty pods on empty roads. If the roads are nearly empty all the time, especially if we only consider them "used" if they are used by an avatar - there are more random people using road rez zones as dressing rooms than people driving on the roads - why don't you say they're also an unnecessary waste of resources? Thousands of square meters and prim capacity in a region which nobody uses or would be allowed to buy? Why don't we just campaign to get LL to remove the roads and sell the land to people who would expand their rental business with those lands? Interestingly enough, "land developers" as some of them like to call themselves, really like to tag their parcels as "Protected roadside for sale or rent", no matter that the road is nearly unused. It looks like that only makes them more appealing to everyone, since that is "protected" in a way that at least one side of your land is neighbored by LL, so random neighbors won't put up eyesores next to you on that side. It is interesting that people find this aspect perfectly fine, using it for their advantage, and to gain profit through renting or selling "developed land" on roadsides, but at the same time, they are against some people offering a service on those roads for everyone for free.

To return to the Bellisseria train topic, I hope the SLGI ships will also be able to participate in Belli's automatic vehicle project (if there would be any in the future). They are big, green, and often fly over the roads at a height where they are even more noticeable than anything else. The deep green color also matches the vivid environment there. It would be a blast!

3 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

To return to the Bellisseria train topic, I hope the SLGI ships will also be able to participate in Belli's automatic vehicle project (if there would be any in the future). They are big, green, and often fly over the roads at a height where they are even more noticeable than anything else. The deep green color also matches the vivid environment there. It would be a blast!

Now, now, you're just trying to get Prok's

61j9JGxf5ZL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Big green aircraft, terrific, do they drop flying *****es as they go?  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

It's not your opinion differing from others' that exposes your hate, but the fact that you keep yelling all the same things again and again, when it comes to pods. ("THEY ARE EMPTY. THEY ARE SPAM.") You don't even complain about other automatic vehicles at all, only the pods. So it is only against the pods for you, nothing else.

Sure. See this from earlier:

No. In fact, Yavanna isn't in the Maintenance and LDPW groups which would allow her to set her rezzers to those groups, to keep her objects on all Linden-owned public lands. The example of that is Kitto Flora and the ONSR tracks and maglev trains in the Snowlands, which are set to the Maintenance group. And that shows a nice project shared between LL and an individual creator.

There's also a weird aspect of this anti-pod attitude when it comes to arguments like "they are empty, unused, unnecessary", etc. Especially when you support this with pictures of empty pods on empty roads. If the roads are nearly empty all the time, especially if we only consider them "used" if they are used by an avatar - there are more random people using road rez zones as dressing rooms than people driving on the roads - why don't you say they're also an unnecessary waste of resources? Thousands of square meters and prim capacity in a region which nobody uses or would be allowed to buy? Why don't we just campaign to get LL to remove the roads and sell the land to people who would expand their rental business with those lands? Interestingly enough, "land developers" as some of them like to call themselves, really like to tag their parcels as "Protected roadside for sale or rent", no matter that the road is nearly unused. It looks like that only makes them more appealing to everyone, since that is "protected" in a way that at least one side of your land is neighbored by LL, so random neighbors won't put up eyesores next to you on that side. It is interesting that people find this aspect perfectly fine, using it for their advantage, and to gain profit through renting or selling "developed land" on roadsides, but at the same time, they are against some people offering a service on those roads for everyone for free.

Oh, I see whose alt this is now.

It's necessary to keep repeating objections to the pods -- which isn't "hate", although in your emotionally weepy world, any kind of opposition to what you feel is "right" must feel like hate -- because they keep being advocated. But nobody beyond the usual Feted Inner Core is being consulted on this, and I dare say there will be popular sentiment against it, regardless of anything I say

I can start taking pictures of the vehicles I see *with people in them* -- I taking pictures of the empty ones which occur so often because there is so much doubt about it. Of course any moving object across sims uses resources. More to the point, it is visual spam, especially as it is usually "out of theme". Even when "in them," like an empty wooden boat on water, it feels stupid, because nobody is in it, nobody needs it, and when people are ready to sail, they can go to the many existing rez points and sail, not a big deal. No one needs these spam boats or cars. It's just some fetish that a small group of people cling to because it helps shore up their alliance with the Lindens -- and the Lindens simply like free load testing on their servers, end of story.

I wouldn't expand my rentals business if for some absurd reason the Lindens sold their roads -- and now I know DEFINITELY whose alt you are -- because I have no plans to expand it, and roads are used by REAL PEOPLE in THEIR OWN VEHICLES, including me and my tenants. So that's an absurd idea. And all the rest of the "logic" here is odd, and so infused with the usual hate of "evil land barons" and "capitalism" that is unbecoming to a Trump supporter. The reason Linden land is valued as "protected" is because THE VIEW is protected. No surprises should occur on it. It's Linden land that is what it is, without changes. Except the pods allowed them ARE that unexpected visual spam that RUINS the protective nature of "Linden protected land". That's exactly the problem. It devalues land because it's visual spam. No one has demanded this "service for free" -- and those with aspirations to be Lady Bountiful and Help Humankind can do so with rez-on-demand just as well as they can with constant spam.

Obviously these pods are allowed and the maker of them doesn't have to be in a Linden group to have been allowed to spawn them. They could be positioned on her own land and launch on to Linden roads to spam without any Mole permissions. So that's a non-issue.

Once again, I think you are labouring under the misassumption that Patch Linden didn't come on here and in fact tell us that he met with Yavanna and plans more pod projects together. You imagine this is secret inside information that only you have. But it was stated publicly. Which is why I object. I own land in Belli and don't want to see pods there. The end. It's not personal. It's not "hatred". It's not about being "a greedy landlord" or having "empty rentals" or "being envious" or any of the other crazy notions you subscribe to me, by analogy to your own emotional self. I simply don't like visual spam. I don't like things that are unnecessary on already challenged servers. The end. This is a thread about railroads, so I can't keep arguing about the pods per say except to note that pod-trains spamming the railroads strike me as a real disaster.

3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

It's necessary to keep repeating objections to the pods -- which isn't "hate", although in your emotionally weepy world, any kind of opposition to what you feel is "right" must feel like hate -- because they keep being advocated.

Yeah, in my emotionally weepy world, I advocate freedom and rights to do whatever one wants unless it would be harmful or abusive to others. I am one of the first persons to push a process to get rid of things on Mainland if they are abusive according to LL's own terms, or even if something isn't, but violates certain rights that most countries acknowledge and protect in the real world. The pods, whatever you try to prove your point that they are abusive, are not. It's like, just because I don't like white cars in real life, how cool it would be if they weren't able to drive in "my street", or on any roads so that I wouldn't have to look at them, no? No. Just because I don't like something, or it doesn't benefit my interests, I am able to accept it.

I wouldn't expand my rentals business if for some absurd reason the Lindens sold their roads -- and now I know DEFINITELY whose alt you are -- because I have no plans to expand it, and roads are used by REAL PEOPLE in THEIR OWN VEHICLES, including me and my tenants. So that's an absurd idea. And all the rest of the "logic" here is odd, and so infused with the usual hate of "evil land barons" and "capitalism" that is unbecoming to a Trump supporter

I didn't speak about you, only "land developers" in general. As far as I know, you didn't even call yourself like that. It's interesting you took it personally, though. Again as much as using caps to highlight your point. I like to drive my own vehicles too, but I also love buses, trains, etc in both worlds. It's just people that I don't like to travel with in RL. I loved to ride trains and buses when they were literally empty besides the driver. This is just another personal, subjective aspect. Just like as you try to bring in politics. On whose alt you think I am, at least I know you're paranoid and your thinking is flawed by that, because I'm not anyone's alt. If what I say or do resembles someone from your past, maybe I'd like to know that person, they might tell interesting things to broaden my horizons in SL. :)

Once again, I think you are labouring under the misassumption that Patch Linden didn't come on here and in fact tell us that he met with Yavanna and plans more pod projects together. You imagine this is secret inside information that only you have. But it was stated publicly.

Wrong. I know that from his statement here as well. Especially that topic that ended with his post made me be interested in the Forums and topics about land and vehicles. I'm an "infoholic". If I don't know about something, the only reason might be that I was isolated from the source, or the info and source were old and I haven't yet read about it. And obviously I favor new and relevant info over old and uninteresting things. I only tell you this because if you think I'm misinformed, you can slip on a thick, juicy banana peel when arguing against my points. I like to laugh at you when it happens, though.

This is a thread about railroads, so I can't keep arguing about the pods per say except to note that pod-trains spamming the railroads strike me as a real disaster.

This is funny, because you were the one to bring mainland and the pictures of empty pods (next time please shoot a photo of some red ones, those are my favorite cuties) into this topic. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

in your emotionally weepy world

WTF, dude?  What page of the Fox News Handbook is that phrase from?  Why not just call everyone a snowflake?

5 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

And all the rest of the "logic" here is odd, and so infused with the usual hate of "evil land barons" and "capitalism" that is unbecoming to a Trump supporter.

WTF does that have to do with anything?  Why are you assuming we should all debase ourselves with adhering to the typical behavior of Trump supporters?  Why do you assume we're Trump supporters?  You don't make any sense.  Unless you are saying that the person who's name starts with A that you are arguing with is merely the alt of another person here who's name starts with an A who frequently makes a Trumpified ass of himself, especially if someone wished folks a happy Juneteenth?  Or are you saying she's the alt of someone who got her Trump ad farm taken down by Linden Labs?

Sometimes you say some great things that pull upon your vast knowledge of SL land, to the point where I think it should be stickied or whatever for new folks to have a FAQ to refer to.  other times, though, I wonder if I should buy stock in Reynolds Wrap, cuz you must go through a lot of it making so many tin foil hats.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

It's like, just because I don't like white cars in real life, how cool it would be if they weren't able to drive in "my street", or on any roads so that I wouldn't have to look at them, no? No. Just because I don't like something, or it doesn't benefit my interests, I am able to accept it.

I was all set to agree with you.  Then I thought:  Autotune.  Ain't no way I can ever accept that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

On whose alt you think I am, at least I know you're paranoid and your thinking is flawed by that, because I'm not anyone's alt. If what I say or do resembles someone from your past, maybe I'd like to know that person, they might tell interesting things to broaden my horizons in SL. :)

I am Prokofy Neva's alt.  But don't tell them.  It's a secret.

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.