Bellisseria Choo-Choo Train Thread

Seba Serpente
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd be interested to find out if there is a script or some way to convert a train that goes on the old SLRR in the Moth Continent for example to go on Bellissaria. I've been driving around the old SLRR in my Hellbound train. It's not the greatest but it cruise controls and more or less stays on the tracks if I keep guiding it whereas it won't in Belli.

Yes, there are a lot of nice trains to drive in Belli.

Anyone who thinks SLRR and VRC scripting won't work for trains in Bellissaria is just WRONG!

Because of the way the land is set up for the track, multi-vehicle trains don't work. A train had to be a single linkset, bending in the middle. There are some which do this.

What I have experienced suggests a reason why the Bellissaria signal system may be failing. The new region crossings are introducing scripting failures which may be linked to unpredictable events in region crossing. Some stages in the process may being completing in an unexpected sequence. (guesswork here). This can lead to trains vanishing in mid-section, and that will mess up the signalling.

This problem is happening everywhere, not just on rail. It may be happening more often at times when the concurrent logins are peaking. It's not the older style of bad region crossing where the avatar can be sitting in a region corner for a long time, or the vehicle jumps half-way across the region.

• Like 1

@Squeaky Mole We seem to have a problem at Hawkesblood station. I have tried a few times to rez a train and travel west to the older part of Bellisseria. The signals are green but if you try to go the train flips and points to the newer area where the lights are flashing amber to indicate it's still being worked on. Travelling to the newer area is no problem despite the signals.

I tried another train which didn't flip, but it cut the drive and gave the following message in chat:

Infinity Freight Quarry Train v1.0: No track guide detected

As I started writing this an Infinity train arrived at the station from the newer area travelling West, to the older area. It looks as though the driver edit dragged in order to overcome  the lack of track guide and then continue their journey.

If you could have a look when you get the opportunity I, and I'm sure many other train drivers, would be very grateful :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

@Squeaky Mole We seem to have a problem at Hawkesblood station. I have tried a few times to rez a train and travel west to the older part of Bellisseria. The signals are green but if you try to go the train flips and points to the newer area where the lights are flashing amber to indicate it's still being worked on. Travelling to the newer area is no problem despite the signals.

I tried another train which didn't flip, but it cut the drive and gave the following message in chat:

Infinity Freight Quarry Train v1.0: No track guide detected

As I started writing this an Infinity train arrived at the station from the newer area travelling West, to the older area. It looks as though the driver edit dragged in order to overcome  the lack of track guide and then continue their journey.

If you could have a look when you get the opportunity I, and I'm sure many other train drivers, would be very grateful :) 

Thank you for the report I will take a look as soon as possible. However Stilt home release has piority at the moment ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Squeaky Mole said:

Thank you for the report I will take a look as soon as possible. However Stilt home release has priority at the moment ^^

You know, if you have a monorail connecting the mainland of Belli with the stilt islands, you could work on both the stilt project and the train project simultaneously  😄

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Haha 5

• 4 months later...

The very long rail link across Eastern Bellisseria has become a little more usable. The switch just to the east of Hawkesblood is now operational and it is possible to get a rail vehicle to Randelsham Forest without any trickery, even a bit beyond. Signals and passing loops are still currently incomplete. There are no rez zones beyond Hawkesblood station on the line. Region crossings were good when I tried the run, but there doesn't seem much point in not having a rez zone sited for rail users in Randelsham Forest.

The Map Problem isn't helping with any exploration.

I can see why rez zones are rare around Bellisseria, but the regions such as Randelsham Forest aren't devoted to providing prim count to the Linden Homes. The only choices seems to be to use a water rez-zone (there are a couple I know of), board the rail vehicle, and edit it to the rail line.1787527901_94xxPannierTankatRandelshamForest_002.jpg.d4a917cd804a32d13f582a5f6335d62e.jpg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

That could be excessive. It's not true of Heterocera.

The Heterocera main line has a rez zone at most stations. The Bellessaria signal system should be able to tolerate rez zones on sidings, but not in the middle of the main line. So, sidings.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, animats said:

The Heterocera main line has a rez zone at most stations. The Bellessaria signal system should be able to tolerate rez zones on sidings, but not in the middle of the main line. So, sidings.

Stations, passing loops, they're places where a rez-zone makes sense, but not every one on the Heterocera main line has a rez-zone. Region crossing does seem to be getting better, more reliable, but is the recent improvement misleading, comparing that distant past to now?

Either way, no rez-zone for the railway in Rendlesham Forest just doesn't make sense. If you can't have a rez-zone there, the whole railway seems ridiculous. And all the Bellisseria regions seem to be set up with parcels fixed from the start.

I know, all you need is the right permissions for the parcel...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.