Keep cool. Stay indoors. Play Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Heard there was a heat wave in parts of the US. Just went through one a few days ago so I can sympathize. Be sure to drink some electrolytes while playing SL.

...and go play in a winter region:) Studies done have shown that immersion can help with real life discomfort or pain, so it's actually a great suggestion if you've got heat that's starting to get just a little too much !:)

https://www.rdmag.com/article/2017/08/virtual-snowworld-helps-burn-victims-cope-extreme-pain

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia

13 hours ago, norajulian said:

Heat index of 117F this weekend. I don’t know what that is in Celsius because I ‘forget’ how to google the difference, but you bet your left buttcheek that it’s hot. 

We're looking at 30 plus C next week which is an excuse for staying indoors.

No aircon, but hey........

hot.thumb.jpg.c6e4ec7c90e59b5ea659948fb9025967.jpg

Mind you, air conditioners are not a thing in Europe, only in grocery stores and public buildings like hospitals, not in regular households, offices or even schools. Yet, a few years ago, I felt this anthropogenic global warming thing really took off, so I purchased a small AC for my office. A few months ago, I added active noice cancellation earbuds into the mix, because the AC is not the most quiet. Best purchase I ever made. The buds work really well and keep me focused on SL stuff in all the AC noise. Finally, last Wednesday, I had 8 solar panels installed right above me, so in the coming week of record-breaking heatwave, the sun will keep me cool.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.