BelindaN

Hypothetical Weapons Wishlist???????

A bazooka that can actually knock out SL vehicles! I'd love to blow some boaters out of the water and planes from the sky.

A booby trapped Gacha machine - pay it 25L and it blows up the sim and crashes everyone in it.

Stole this off Halo Jones, but a zen grenade that goes AUMMM and turns aggressive people into temporary peace and love Buddhists.

45 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

In Barbarella (Jane Fonda), Duran Duran had an orgasmatron which he played like an organ *coughs*

Ok, you win. Funny that the Wiki article was about Sleeper! I remember the blind angel was also in Barbarella.

• Like 1

Assuming this is weapons we could hypothetically have in real life, my choice would be a classic: The cager

image.png.ba5ae64b3feab0fe929511a81e66ff6b.png

If you mean in SL, then a sim uncrasher.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wolfshanty said:

Stole this off Halo Jones, but a zen grenade that goes AUMMM and turns aggressive people into temporary peace and love Buddhists.

This doesn’t seem to have any drawbacks.

24 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This doesn’t seem to have any drawbacks.

Does it include a forum app?

2 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Does it include a forum app?

You don’t need an app to meditate, unless you do!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I do to turn aggressive peeps into peacelovers......

O’gasms have that effect!

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

O’gasms have that effect!

An Irish Gasm???

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

My Vampire Killer Silver Dagger.  Accept a Bloodlines bite animation while wearing it, and you slay the vampire.

Silver... You know that's for slaughtering those pesky dogs, right? Against the undead, it's no better than a butter knife. This isn't some Hollywood B-movie!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

If any of Lindal's arsenal really work...….then SL must have been so much fun back in the day when Maddie was a newbie......haha!

it was fun and yes Lindal's arsenal really worked, and some of them still work but in much less impactful way than they used to be.  But like a lot things it ended getting ruined back in the day by idiot randos who would go round random shooting and attacking other people and regions anywhere that parcel build/script was enabled

for a time it got way out of control. To the point that it all got a bit ridiculous. People hudding up with shields and auto-response weapons systems just to go the shops and buy shoes

is why LL began to add owner estate and parcel restriction controls. And lots of people started to set their home parcels to No Damage, No Push, No Build, No Scripts, No Object Entry, No Anything. Inworld stores began to do the same, removing their rezz zones as well which many stores provided back then for their customers to rezz boxes

and even then Linden ended up having to nerf and throttle a lot of scriptable physics, rez and messaging functions, as well as reducing the maximum force that could be applied to a physical object, including avatars, by another physical object

from a scripting pov it was kinda heart-breaking really. There were a lot things we could do once when making moving stuff which had nothing to do with weapons but we can't now. The few ruining it for the many.  While I regret that LL did have to nerf/throttle a lot of the physics enabled stuff it is understandable from a ordinary person's pov.  Getting shot at, orbited, caged, and/or crashed in your own home by some rando two regions away was not good

there were and still are some LL provided regions and private regions where the now lesser-powered combat and weapons systems are enabled and allowed, and are quite fun for people into this. But the randos didn't want that. They were only into making life miserable for people going about their daily lives

Edited by Mollymews
than they
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BelindaN said:

If any of Lindal's arsenal really work...….then SL must have been so much fun back in the day when Maddie was a newbie......haha!

Oh, they work!  Even in Today's SL.

• Thanks 1

I only need one really. The original "hand of god" that would crash sims and bring servers to a grinding halt.

Then there was the shotgun that would blow avatars off sim region and off the grid.

They're buried somewhere in one of my toy boxes.

The shotgun still works. Not that I've used it in the past few years. Just played with it once. Or twice. Kinda. Sorta.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I very much enjoyed my Estate-Ban Cannon. I still have it, but I'm not an EM to use it. It fires Pinkie Pie heads from My Little Pony.

Although... occasionally I'd miss a target and send the projectile barreling across the sim towards someone else...

• Haha 1

I'll take one Pomposity Pranger and one Superiority Soaker, please. Both are sorely needed elsewhere on this forum... ¬¬

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'll take one Pomposity Pranger and one Superiority Soaker, please. Both are sorely needed elsewhere on this forum... ¬¬

Ooh, I suggest the ultimatum judge-y scales of justice!

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

.... No one got the Doctor Who reference .... really?

/me scrolls up.....

Oh gawd, The Moment.......... Oh gawd and I'm a Who fan.........

Oh gawd, all hope is lost.

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

/me scrolls up.....

Oh gawd, The Moment.......... Oh gawd and I'm a Who fan.........

Oh gawd, all hope is lost.

Heh, it was a double though: De-mat gun.

21 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I very much enjoyed my Estate-Ban Cannon. I still have it, but I'm not an EM to use it. It fires Pinkie Pie heads from My Little Pony.

Although... occasionally I'd miss a target and send the projectile barreling across the sim towards someone else...

I read that as "Esteban Cannon" and wondered why anyone would have a Spanish gun named Steve.  Or a gun that would only shoot Steves.  Or maybe you were referring to the Spanish language translation of

570725.jpg

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I read that as "Esteban Cannon" and wondered why anyone would have a Spanish gun named Steve.  Or a gun that would only shoot Steves.  Or maybe you were referring to the Spanish language translation of

570725.jpg

Or the SL legend, Esteban Winsmore.

11 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Heh, it was a double though: De-mat gun.

Stop right now! You're undermining my Who-ness..... ;)