MaxSilverDragon

is there a limit on how many scripts you can use in a Linden home

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not good with numbers. I am always confused. What is "memory used: 10182 kb"

That is not k?

kb is lower than k?

I always run into problems when I can't count on my fingers and toes.

😵

Yeah, to clear up confusion when I said 10k, I mean 10,000 - just the number. so 10,000 kb of memory

1 minute ago, Morena Tully said:

Yeah, to clear up confusion when I said 10k, I mean 10,000 - just the number. so 10,000 kb of memory

Why, technically, kb = kilobit. (1/8th of a byte); whereas what you want is kB = kilobyte.  

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Why, technically, kb = kilobit. (1/8th of a byte); whereas what you want is kB = kilobyte.  

well on the script info for land, it has the b lowercase.. kb, so I was just going by the measurement on the about land as the guidelines

2 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

well on the script info for land, it has the b lowercase.. kb, so I was just going by the measurement on the about land as the guidelines

Well, I'd have to check any description; but it's hard to imagine they'd really count script memory in bits. DSL transfer rates and such are often measures in Mb (mega-bits), but that's usually just done to make it sound like you're getting more than you really do. Like a mono script starts with 64 kB, and no one would ever express that as 512 kb. But I'll check the about land thingy, next time I'm inworld. :)

here's a shot of the panel, from a region not done yet in bellisseria. it has higher numbers because it has all the home rezzers on the land, but for a 1024 sized furnished home, staying under 10k (10,000 kb) seems a good meter. I've been checking plots all over the place, and the normal range seems 5,000 to 12,000

about land.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

here's a shot of the panel, from a region not done yet in bellisseria. it has higher numbers because it has all the home rezzers on the land, but for a 1024 sized furnished home, staying under 10k (10,000 kb) seems a good meter. I've been checking plots all over the place, and the normal range seems 5,000 to 12,000

about land.png

Oh, I believed you. :) I still think it's meant to be kilobytes, though. But before I wind up with my (admittedly glorious) foot in my fouth, I'll leave it to a Mole or something to say what's really intended. 🤤

• Haha 1