Jump to content
MaxSilverDragon

is there a limit on how many scripts you can use in a Linden home

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not good with numbers. I am always confused. What is "memory used: 10182 kb"

That is not k?

kb is lower than k?

I always run into problems when I can't count on my fingers and toes.

😵

Yeah, to clear up confusion when I said 10k, I mean 10,000 - just the number. so 10,000 kb of memory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Morena Tully said:

Yeah, to clear up confusion when I said 10k, I mean 10,000 - just the number. so 10,000 kb of memory

 

Why, technically, kb = kilobit. (1/8th of a byte); whereas what you want is kB = kilobyte.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

 

Why, technically, kb = kilobit. (1/8th of a byte); whereas what you want is kB = kilobyte.  

well on the script info for land, it has the b lowercase.. kb, so I was just going by the measurement on the about land as the guidelines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

well on the script info for land, it has the b lowercase.. kb, so I was just going by the measurement on the about land as the guidelines

 

Well, I'd have to check any description; but it's hard to imagine they'd really count script memory in bits. DSL transfer rates and such are often measures in Mb (mega-bits), but that's usually just done to make it sound like you're getting more than you really do. Like a mono script starts with 64 kB, and no one would ever express that as 512 kb. But I'll check the about land thingy, next time I'm inworld. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's a shot of the panel, from a region not done yet in bellisseria. it has higher numbers because it has all the home rezzers on the land, but for a 1024 sized furnished home, staying under 10k (10,000 kb) seems a good meter. I've been checking plots all over the place, and the normal range seems 5,000 to 12,000

about land.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

here's a shot of the panel, from a region not done yet in bellisseria. it has higher numbers because it has all the home rezzers on the land, but for a 1024 sized furnished home, staying under 10k (10,000 kb) seems a good meter. I've been checking plots all over the place, and the normal range seems 5,000 to 12,000

about land.png

 

Oh, I believed you. :) I still think it's meant to be kilobytes, though. But before I wind up with my (admittedly glorious) foot in my fouth, I'll leave it to a Mole or something to say what's really intended. 🤤

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...