Can't add/wear eyes in my Catwa head

Rhiannon108

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a pair of eyes that didn't come with instructions. When I click "wear" they don't seem to actually get added to my Catwa head. What am I missing? The eyes didn't come with an applier just the eyes. If it helps, they have a little eyes icon on the object when I look at them (no pun intended) in my inventory.

23 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

If it helps, they have a little eyes icon on the object when I look at them (no pun intended) in my inventory.

That does help, because this tells me that you bought SYSTEM eyes, not mesh or prim eyes.
If you were to take off your head, and your alpha layers, you will see that you, in fact, are wearing the eyes, they they will probably look as advertised, but it will be on your system shape, which probably will look rather wonky, considering how shapes get deformed in order to make mesh body parts look good.

So yeah, when buying eyes, make sure that they are either prim, or mesh eyes, or your alpha layer will most likely hide them.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

It might show, but it will also show your system head though your Catwa head.

And I say that it might show, because I have noticed that some mesh heads have their eyes positioned different from the system bodies. But give it a go, you can always put your alpha layer back on.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rhiannon108 said:

This is a sad moment. Finally found the exact eyes I wanted! Darn.

Also, I appreciate your explaining this.

There are thousands and thousands of eye appliers out there. If you post an image of the system eyes that you have, maybe we could track down some appliers that look similar.

5 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

It might show, but it will also show your system head though your Catwa head.

And I say that it might show, because I have noticed that some mesh heads have their eyes positioned different from the system bodies. But give it a go, you can always put your alpha layer back on.

It depends on which head Rhiannon has. Catwa recently made some slight changes to the rigging of her Bento heads' eyes, although the Catwa head alpha does cover the entire head - eyes included - so Rhiannon will need to find an alpha that shows the system eyes in order to test the theory. But if she doesn't wear the Catwa head applier then her system head will definitely show, blended in with her mesh head.

I appreciate the advice. I do know there are sooooo many appliers out there as I've browsed a lot. I found these super cool labradorite eyes in the bargain section of the store Earthstones (worth checking out in general for jewelry and cool glasses). Haven't found similar ones elsewhere. Will keep looking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.