Payment info used

BlushPerry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, BlushPerry said:

Hello all, 

I want to know how to add payment info used under my profile with paypal with out buying any lindens or spending RL money? Thank you! :)

You can't.  That information is populated automatically by the system and "Payment Info Used" means USED -- i.e. you have used your payment info for something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Under your Account Information, go to Payment Information & add your PayPal account. This sets up PayPal as your payment of choice without having to spend any money at this time.

However, that will only get her profile to say Payment Info On File.  It will not make the profile say Payment Info Used -- until she actually uses it for something.

It is the USED part she was wanting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlushPerry said:

Hello all, 

I want to know how to add payment info used under my profile with paypal with out buying any lindens or spending RL money? Thank you! :)

We cannot add that.  The Account box on our profile is filled by the system in the same way your name appears. Payment info used is automatically placed on your profile once you use your payment info to make a purchase of Lindens, land or premium payments (there may be other purchases I'm not thinking of right now). Nobody makes that appear on our profiles but the system once a payment is made.

If payment info on file will do, then you do not have to spend money. But you still actually have to put the info on file (that is, enter your card or paypal info into the system) for that to be placed on your profile.

Edited by Adam Spark

36 minutes ago, BlushPerry said:

Thank you everyone. So, to go to gaming sims should i add payment info on file or payment info used? 

I think it must be payment info used in order for you to meet the criteria of valid payment method  but it is probably best to submit a support ticket and ask LL directly unless someone here can give you a definite answer

Gaming Residents

1. Should you wish to participate in Skill Gaming in Second Life, you represent and agree that you: (i) are at least nineteen (19) years of age; (ii) have the legal authority to agree to this Skill Gaming Policy; (iii) reside in, and are accessing a Skill Gaming Region from, a jurisdiction in which participation in Skill Gaming is legally authorized; and (iv) are of legal age to participate in Skill Gaming in your jurisdiction.
  2. In order to enter a Skill Gaming Region, you must establish and maintain a Second Life account with accurate, current and complete information about yourself, including a valid payment method. Any Skill Gaming conducted in a Second Life region that has not been recognized as a Skill Gaming Region is not permitted.

If you fail to satisfy any of these requirements, you are not permitted to enter any Skill Gaming Regions.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Skill_Gaming_Policy

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Evarne said:

Payment info used means you used some lindens, even 1, to buy something on marketplace.

Edit: or in world. Corrected ☺️

Sorry, but that's not correct.  "Payment info" refers to your credit card or PayPal account.  You must use your payment method at least once to buy $L, or a Premium membership, or land.

However, you don't actually have to USE your payment method to get access to Skill Gaming regions.  You must simply have one on file.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Thanks 3

On 7/18/2019 at 3:20 PM, BlushPerry said:

Not sure where you live, but I'm Brazilian and I was NEVER able to add my payment info from PayPal to Second Life (I know a Brazilian guy who had the same problem, so I know it's not just me), so I have only money earned inworld to do my things...

7 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@angelikiinha,

Is your PayPal account "verified"?  That is, is it linked to a credit card or a bank account as a backup payment method?  You can do this linking on PayPal's web site.

If that's not the problem, can you use a credit card, or a verified Skrill account instead?

For some reason people in Brazil seem to have problems getting PayPal linked to SL. I've seen a number of cases over the years and never saw any of them resolved. It seems to happen to those in Brazil more often than any other South American country. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it either other than a couple of conclusions I came to that I have nothing to back up. One has to do with government.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.