Sign in to follow this  
Scylla Rhiadra

Ways to Find Mainland Rez Zones?

This seems such an obvious question that I'm sure it's been asked, and answered, before, but I wasn't able to find anything in search, sooooo . . .

I have been have a lot of fun recently touring the mainland on my scooter. So long as I stick to the main Linden-protected highways, I have relatively few problems when (as occasionally happens) a sim crossing or crash results in me being unseated . . . or, I just want to get off my bike and take a look at something I've passed that has caught my interest. There are, of course, rez zones at reasonably frequent intervals on the LL highways (usually, I think, at sim crossings?).

However, it's more difficult to travel along some of the byways and side routes. I generally have to start on an LL highway (or an airport: they work too), and then navigate my way off the main route. I can't stop and check something out, because I generally can't rez my scooter again. And if something untowards happens, and I lose my scooter, I have to go back to where I started to rez it again.

Is there a way to search for mainland rez zones -- using the map, or some other search feature? Alternately, has anyone put together a handy list of mainland rez-friendly places, as some enterprising and industrious soul has for Bellisseria?

Posted (edited)

AFAIK there are rez zone finding HUDs - never tried one myself. Try asking in Drivers of SL group, they should know.

EDIT: Made link work outside SL

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

AFAIK there are rez zone finding HUDs - never tried one myself. Try asking in Drivers of SL group, they should know.

EDIT: Made link work outside SL

Thanks Fiona! It hadn't even occurred to me that there would be an in-world group that might be able to help with this -- cuz, you know, only 11 years on the grid, right?

I'll join this group: it looks like they'll have my answers for me!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

cuz, you know, only 11 years on the grid, right?

ohhhhh, in that case you might have extended geographic knowledge and might profit from this: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Second_Life_Road_Network_Directory

rez zones listed by sim in the respective continent network pages - similar stuff exists for the SLRR

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2