How do you get a Girlfriend On SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Jumpman Lane said:

Yes you are lol

December 16, 2018

Uh...yes you are. Ok OK oK . Jumpman is my first name lol. if you ain't what's your LAST name? Hahahahahahaha

first name..last name.. NEVER HEARD OF YOU..LMAO

• Like 1
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be so picky, Ricky! You'll find plenty of guys like her in SL!

At the risk of over stating the obvious, or generic advice, my best suggestion would be find something else you enjoy doing... that doesn't involve a girlfriend. If you are doing something you like; a

Truthfully, if you've been at it for 6 years with little to no success, you must be doing something wrong. It's hard to tell what exactly that might be, as I don't know a whole lot about you - but if

Posted Images

Seems there's some confusion as to the difference between a newbie, and a noob.

Newbie:  A new player, usually eager to learn.  Every single person in SL was, at one time, a newbie.  Ergo, be nice to newbies, as you were once a newbie as well.

Noob:  A boorish person.  Not just limited to SL or only games, but to real life as well.

Sometimes there are newbies who are also noobs.  Sometimes there are newbies who are just fine.  Sometimes there are noobs who are newbies, as previously stated, but the amount of time that has passed since someone's rez day has no correlation whatsoever to whether or not someone is a noob.  Noob status is based solely on behavior.

Some examples of noobish behavior:

- IM'ing people clear out of the blue to demand cybersex.

- Ridiculing people's pixelated appearance.  This is a special type of noob called a "Pixel Snob".

- Ridiculing people for being newbies.

- Ridiculing even non-newbies for having a rez day that is preceded by their own rez day.  For example, someone who's account will be 14 years old tomorrow thinking they're better than someone who's account is only 13 years old, based solely on account age and not on a given individual's boorish behavior.

- Someone who thinks their older account age entitles them to boorish behavior.

- People who don't pick up their stuff at sandboxes, excluding newbies who don't know any better yet.

- Deliberate bumpers.

- People who chew potato chips while on Voice.  UGH!

I could go on, but you get the picture.

• Like 1
On 8/7/2020 at 4:28 PM, PixieGirrrrl said:

It's really easy actually. All you gotta do is IM a girl saying something witty and clever like "hehe hey u wanna fk?" and she'll be all yours. Even better if you've made zero effort on your avatar. That shows you don't care about trivial things such as appearance. And preferably do it while exposing your genitalia. That's really hot. Most girls love it.

You missed that the guy has to be extremely rude to get the girl's attention 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, unicorn123456788 said:

first name..last name.. NEVER HEARD OF YOU..LMAO

You don't know me? Well that's a confession of sorts. Hehehehehehehe But I tell ya what. You can find out EXACTLY who I am. And How i get down.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:55 PM, Jumpman Lane said:

What you want an SL girlfriend for in the first place lol?

I've had 3 in 13 years. Actul sorta committed relationships. I wasn't looking for them. They just kinda happened. 

Tho, all kindsa gals have fallen in love with Jumpy. (I'm JUMPMAN LANE!). I lost track of how many I cybered the first week back in 07 lol.

Gals like bad boys. Be evil. that works. :)

Who??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/9/2020 at 1:20 PM, shiviex said:

You missed that the guy has to be extremely rude to get the girl's attention 😂

Ah, yes... Grade school boy.... I remember those days... pulling braids, putting frogs into backpacks, nanana booboo ... a classic pick up line.

• Haha 1
On 8/8/2020 at 8:19 PM, Talligurl said:

I have been in SL only 5 years and I have had 3.

The list of boys who thought I was thier girlfriend is much longer.

I am not on sl to "get" a boyfriend. so.... more power to you. some people need that in a virtual world for whatever reason...

How to get a girlfriend in SL? You don't. The girls you see on teh intarwebs are actually GIRLs. Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectation. Always remember this rule:

JNLnvOfU6vyPx0VT16oj8islT77xRbRhGeTbgOGp

Edited by Eddy Vortex
54 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

If a man presents themselves as a woman on the internet then they are the same as a real woman on the internet. 

Of course it can be like that.. until camera has to turn on and some private parts are to be shown which also happens a lot on the internet.

10 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:
1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

If a man presents themselves as a woman on the internet then they are the same as a real woman on the internet. 

Of course it can be like that.. until camera has to turn on and some private parts are to be shown which also happens a lot on the internet.

If the man turns on the camera, he knows he is no longer presenting as a woman and is therefore excluded from Bree's statement.

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If the man turns on the camera, he knows he is no longer presenting as a woman and is therefore excluded from Bree's statement.

That is the point ,  unless you can confirm what the other person is you should treat them as a "can be whatever" and that's it. Why should i care for example if you are a man or a woman. i am not interested in you so it doesn't make any difference.You can say you are Madelaine but you can easily be Mahmud makes no difference for me, i will talk to you in the same neutral way.

Edited by Nick0678
On 7/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, Jumpman Lane said:

What you want an SL girlfriend for in the first place lol?

I've had 3 in 13 years. Actul sorta committed relationships. I wasn't looking for them. They just kinda happened. 

Tho, all kindsa gals have fallen in love with Jumpy. (I'm JUMPMAN LANE!). I lost track of how many I cybered the first week back in 07 lol.

Gals like bad boys. Be evil. that works. :)

Persistent one aren't you? 1000+ posts and literally 90% of them are pathetic attempts at trolling. You sound like the offspring of Ryan Howard, Todd Packer and Dwight Schrute if they had a 3some and the condom broke.

don't feed the trolls meme - Google Search | Einstein, Albert ...

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Haha 2

heres the thing.. girls who are also looking for a guy to date or be boyfriend girlfriend with.. they want someone who's consistant, caring, nice, talkative.. not the typing rp'ing a role kind of guy who changes his personality every day.. they look for things in common or something interesting to start a conversation about.. a general well mannered guy who is dependable and keeps their word. is open to sharing things about themselves. you could just inbox somebody and say hi.. but at first they might just think you're like every other guy that says hi, so be different.. hope this helps.

On 8/22/2020 at 2:27 AM, MelodicRain said:

Persistent one aren't you? 1000+ posts and literally 90% of them are pathetic attempts at trolling. You sound like the offspring of Ryan Howard, Todd Packer and Dwight Schrute if they had a 3some and the condom broke.

don't feed the trolls meme - Google Search | Einstein, Albert ...

He is just a blast from the past.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:22 PM, Rabid Cheetah said:

Seems there's some confusion as to the difference between a newbie, and a noob.

Newbie:  A new player, usually eager to learn.  Every single person in SL was, at one time, a newbie.  Ergo, be nice to newbies, as you were once a newbie as well.

Noob:  A boorish person.  Not just limited to SL or only games, but to real life as well.

I never saw it like that.

To me noob was just a synonym for newbie.

If "noob" is intended as a shortening/leetization of "newbie", and pronounced "new-bee", sure.  But the traditional pronunciation of the word is as a single sylable:  "newb".  Huge difference between a noob and a newbie.  It's also often spelled n00b to make it more clear that the traditional usage is being applied.  Being a newbie is fine, as we all were newbies for everything in life, not just SL.  Being a n00b would encompass a whole host of boorish behavior, including a rejection of this notion that being a newbie is OK.  It's n00b to belittle people merely for being new, as opposed to using the word to highlight bad behavior.  Account age/hours of game play have nothing to do with it.  There are plenty of veteran players who are n00bz.  A newbie will eventually evolve out of being a newbie;  Not so a n00b.

2 hours ago, Caroline Takeda said:

Because people keep posting.

Ughh I meant, this thread is dated July 2019, and seriously, I don't think any reply in this thread was related to the OP's question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.