Rickyfatton

How do you get a Girlfriend On SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Did you tried tipping your fedora and casually saying m' lady? 

I heard that's works like a charm. 

You ask nicely. 

No, but, seriously, dating and SL are not truly meant to be integral to one another. It's generally not a good idea to meet up RL anyway, depending on the circumstances. However, if you must have a girlfriend, or boyfriend for that matter, I do have some advice.

1. Be your most authentic self.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen friends break up with their SL-BFs because he seemed like such a nice and wonderful guy, only to reveal himself to be nothing but a sleazebag. I get it, it's SL, you're supposed to be able to be whoever you want, BUT, do it authentically. It's a contradiction of terms, yes, but it isn't really, if you think about it on a deeper level.
2. Get to know a girl before asking if she'll be your girlfriend. It's creepy. You could be the nicest, most genuine person on the grid, or map RL, and still frighten a potential partner away if you just walk up to the first thing on two legs you see and ask if they'll be your partner. Plus, you don't know them from another random face in the crowd.
3. I can't stress this one enough, but, absolutely DO NOT pressure someone.
4. No unsolicited **** pics. I don't know how many I've gotten over the years by over-eager guys, and it's seriously off-putting and is downright sad. You have a mouth, and a brain. If you just show me what's in your pants, I mean, yeah, it's nice (or in some cases definitely NOT) but it's not going to compel me to want to get to know you. You don't even know if the person receiving the pic is underage or not, and it's even worse if you're trying to get to know someone using a child-avi. In that case, eww, seek serious help.
5. Don't assume that just because we're here doesn't mean we even want a relationship, RL. 
6. Don't be a creep/stalker. Just... please, don't.

“Basic principles: no matter what, no matter when, no matter who… any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet. He just needs the right broom.”  – Will Smith

I would suggest starting afresh with a new avatar that has a better name. Naming yourself after a boxer than many people find obnoxious, then making it worse by implying that you're overweight, is not giving a good impression.

Once you've done that, then follow all the other advice in this thread.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

I would suggest starting afresh with a new avatar that has a better name. Naming yourself after a boxer than many people find obnoxious, then making it worse by implying that you're overweight, is not giving a good impression.

He hasn't been back in the thread since last August, so maybe he did that. Or quit SL altogether.

On 1/28/2020 at 2:15 PM, Zzevir said:

Did you tried tipping your fedora and casually saying m' lady? 

I heard that's works like a charm. 

Tipping the fedora is less effective than tipping the lady.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you have no self confidence or a gift of gab or a go getter attitude than all the apps and groups aren't going to work.  

Every time I see this thread title, I think of that very old joke: "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?" ... "Practice."

I have the same problem...  I can;t find a sl girlfriend either.. or Boyfriend.. I mean I had one once but they died to get away from me so I figure I have issues I need to work out.. anyway good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.