Jump to content
Rickyfatton

How do you get a Girlfriend On SL?

Recommended Posts

On 8/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Just wait, the right girl will come along.

 

That was the best thing I've seen all week. Maybe all month. Also, I have to find a headset with a mic. I've found my new hobby.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 3:47 AM, VanillaLovelace said:

If you want a girlfriend you could contact me ... but be warned: I desire only the best of you ... your money!

Maybe this will give you full satisfaction and prevents you from posting troll messages here in forum ...

😉

 

Im about to send you so much nudes right now

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rickyfatton said:

Im about to send you so much nudes right now

I will check them, if I am online again ...

Edited by VanillaLovelace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 4:07 PM, Mahala Roviana said:

That was the best thing I've seen all week. Maybe all month. Also, I have to find a headset with a mic. I've found my new hobby.

Its funny to find that many people who wants to voice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rickyfatton said:

Im about to send you so much nudes right now

lol, you didn‘t sent me any .....

It‘s ok ... no bad feelings. I wish you good luck for finding your Mrs. Right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 7:42 PM, Erwin Solo said:

How not to do it:

 

 

This is gold.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Talk to people...... really “talk” as opposed to thinking up a cool line.

Initiate conversation, be friendly, repeat.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897fed040e661b1e891c6

Edited by AmandaKeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ima tell you the best way to get a girlfriend. This is a sure fire way that is full proof and thoroughly tested by myself. It has worked every single solitary time in my life be it SL or RL. Ice cream. Don't laugh girls like ice cream. I kid you not. Just say hey I couldn't help, but notice that a beautiful work of art such as yourself is missing one of the key ingredients of reaching pure perfection. Please my lady if you will allow me the honors. Then you go get her an ice cream and you an ice cream and then the best part of this plan is that even on the off chance you didn't get the girlfriend well you at least got the ice cream so it wasn't a total loss. lol Gotta be a glass half full kinda guy in order for this method to work mate. lol Be warned this method does come with a disclaimer though. The last time I did this I got SL married a few years ago. So it may just work a little to well mate and you end up with a wife. Lmao!!!! :P

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Ima tell you the best way to get a girlfriend. This is a sure fire way that is full proof and thoroughly tested by myself. It has worked every single solitary time in my life be it SL or RL. Ice cream. Don't laugh girls like ice cream. I kid you not. Just say hey I couldn't help, but notice that a beautiful work of art such as yourself is missing one of the key ingredients of reaching pure perfection. Please my lady if you will allow me the honors. Then you go get her an ice cream and you an ice cream and then the best part of this plan is that even on the off chance you didn't get the girlfriend well you at least got the ice cream so it wasn't a total loss. lol Gotta be a glass half full kinda guy in order for this method to work mate. lol Be warned this method does come with a disclaimer though. The last time I did this I got SL married a few years ago. So it may just work a little to well mate and you end up with a wife. Lmao!!!! :P

Sorry, but this would only have worked on me during pregnancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

Ima tell you the best way to get a girlfriend. This is a sure fire way that is full proof and thoroughly tested by myself. It has worked every single solitary time in my life be it SL or RL. Ice cream. Don't laugh girls like ice cream. I kid you not. Just say hey I couldn't help, but notice that a beautiful work of art such as yourself is missing one of the key ingredients of reaching pure perfection. Please my lady if you will allow me the honors. Then you go get her an ice cream and you an ice cream and then the best part of this plan is that even on the off chance you didn't get the girlfriend well you at least got the ice cream so it wasn't a total loss. lol Gotta be a glass half full kinda guy in order for this method to work mate. lol Be warned this method does come with a disclaimer though. The last time I did this I got SL married a few years ago. So it may just work a little to well mate and you end up with a wife. Lmao!!!! :P

Ummm...yeah, right, sure.........NOT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Deny all you want ladies and that's perfectly fine with me, but I have yet to see that fail. lol Tell you what though. A year or so from now or when ever if some smooth talking fella actually uses that line on any of you and it actually works then you can drop an ice cream on me as a THANK YOU. lol I won't rub it in or even say I told you so. In fact ya don't even gotta say nothing. When I see it in my inventory I'll know what it means. Lmao!!!! ;)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 3:33 AM, AmandaKeen said:

Talk to people...... really “talk” as opposed to thinking up a cool line.

Initiate conversation, be friendly, repeat.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897fed040e661b1e891c6

God yes!  Please!  Talk to me about actual things!  (And later I wouldn't mind being swept of my feet, too.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

Deny all you want ladies and that's perfectly fine with me, but I have yet to see that fail. lol Tell you what though. A year or so from now or when ever if some smooth talking fella actually uses that line on any of you and it actually works then you can drop an ice cream on me as a THANK YOU. lol I won't rub it in or even say I told you so. In fact ya don't even gotta say nothing. When I see it in my inventory I'll know what it means. Lmao!!!! ;)

If it worked so well you would still be with the one you used that line on first.

You didn't even stop to think about those who may be lactose intolerant, just as you didn't stop to think about those with hearing loss not using voice in another thread. 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to How to Pick Up Chicks 101.

This is a short class with the goal of finding a girl friend; not a one night stand.  Let me reiterate that.  This class is for keeps meaning you will eliminate a lot of 'tang along the way.

First rule, never say anything negative.  Period. Every thing you say colors your image and slinging mud will only make you muddy in their eyes.  Verbal fights are more corrosive to you than they are to your target.  Keep all negativity out of your life and you will become a positive influnce to yourself and those around you.

Second rule.  Avoid pick-up lines and NEVER use them as first contact.  IF (and that's a great big if) you think you can pull it off, use "pick-up" lines as a joke.  Something like "Hey, I heard a funny pick up line the other day and I'm dying to share it."  This is still a risk since that in itself is a pick up line.  If you already know the woman a little bit it can be a fun way to start a conversation since the initial ice breaker is already in the past.  If it is your first time talking, just save your funny lines for later.

Third rule.  The compliment.  Everyone cna make a compliment, right?  Wrong.  You want to complement something that shows a choice she has made.  IRL you want to avoid things she does not have control over like her eyes.  In SL, we do have a choice of our eye color so that makes these easier but there is still an learned prejudice we (women) bring with us to SL.  Complement how her hair frames her face, how the color she wears look good on her,  her sense of style, her taste in music, etc.  Complement her on things she has chosen.  "Nice ass" is not a complement.  In later stages of the relationship you can get away with something close like "your AO walk drives me wild ever single time." 

Forth rule, and this is tough.  Let her know your intent right away but don't be a creep.  You want someone who is more than a friend;  you want passion and romance.  Sex is not the goal.  Just friends is not the goal.  Let her know you are looking for a long term relationship foremost.  Sex will take care of itself.

==============================
OK ... so you have found a girl and started a conversation.  Ask about her.  Listen to what she says and ask follow up question.  Do not talk about yourself.  If she asks, answer shortly but get the conversation back on her.  What she wants, what she likes, who she knows, her family, her friends, her hobbies.  All about her.  Your part of the conversation should be limited to "me too" type statements.  If you have to, take notes.  This is the great thing about SL.  You can put notes right there in their profile that you can refer to later.  Plain old pen and paper work too.  These notes can give you something to refer to later.  You can ask her how some detail of her life is going when you next meet and she will adore you for remembering.  OK, so you didn't actually remember but you made the effort and that means everything.

Next, and this one is controversial but it has it's reasons for being being an old adage.  Wait 3 days before asking her out.  Yeah, I said it.  It's playing a game and everyone will tell you that don't like people who play games.  This also separates the booty call from the companions.  If she cannot wait 3 days I guarantee she will not wait while you are offline either.  Don't get dumped; don't forget this step.  If she IM's you, be happy to hear from her but also be busy.  Say your pleasantries and then make an excuse.  3 days.  Yeah it's a game.  Yes, if she is the one she will be the one even if you don't wait but if she is not the one you can move on with little emotional investment to crush your heart.  It sucks.  I didn't make this rule.  It has been around for a long, long time.  And it is there to save you both from heartache, but mostly you.

What you should be doing for those 3 days is finding a place for a date.  Action dates are best but a lot also depends on her interests.  There are arcades, roller coasters, boat rides, balloon rides, horse rides, shopping at some lesser known events, surfing, tons of things to do for cheap and free in SL.  After 3 days ask her out and set up a date.  If she is busy, stick to a short, upbeat chat but DO NOT try to change the date unless she is the one that brings it up.  You can ask her out again in another couple of days.  If that one is turned down, just move on.  

While you are chatting on your date, remember the rules.  Say nothing negative; ask about her; ask follow up questions; make me too comments.

Once you have passed the 3 day wait and had your first real date, you no longer need to wait between dates.  Don't smother her tho.  Give it time.  Get to know her friends and be sure to introduce her to your friends.  If everything works perfectly you can introduce her friends to your friends.  Maybe hire a DJ and have a party at your house to do this.  It's a nice way of locking in a relationship but it is not vital so don't sweat it if you can't put it together.  Just remember to ask her about how her friends are doing from time to time.  Remember the taking noted part?  Take notes about her friends.

==============================
               The Friend Zone
==============================
It will happen.  Kind of blows if you are really into this girl but if she is not interested there is nothing you can do.  You best bet is to use that friend zone to your advantage.

Everyone can use more friends.  While the friend zone can be the end of the line with her, it is by no means the end of the line.  I don't know any woman that does not like to play match maker.  If you have been positive and made an effort have real conversations she will surely set you up with one of her friends.  It's always nice to have some common interest with a new girl so take her up on the offer.  You will both have this friend in common.  Chat, be happy, 3 day wait ... all that jazz.  Maybe your "just friend" will find your long term girl for you. 

=================================

Be sure you have your own interests in mind as well.  Don't settle and don't try to force a relationship with the first girl you meet.  Find the perfect girl for you and be the perfect man for her.  All of the conversation tricks in the world are worthless if you do not click or have any real common interests.  Don't change your religion, your taste in music or even your own desire for her.  If you don't belong together, just move on and try again. 

 

 

Well, that turned into a big ol' wall o' text.

Happy hunting!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Welcome to How to Pick Up Chicks 101.

This is a short class with the goal of finding a girl friend; not a one night stand.  Let me reiterate that.  This class is for keeps meaning you will eliminate a lot of 'tang along the way.

First rule, never say anything negative.  Period. Every thing you say colors your image and slinging mud will only make you muddy in their eyes.  Verbal fights are more corrosive to you than they are to your target.  Keep all negativity out of your life and you will become a positive influnce to yourself and those around you.

Second rule.  Avoid pick-up lines and NEVER use them as first contact.  IF (and that's a great big if) you think you can pull it off, use "pick-up" lines as a joke.  Something like "Hey, I heard a funny pick up line the other day and I'm dying to share it."  This is still a risk since that in itself is a pick up line.  If you already know the woman a little bit it can be a fun way to start a conversation since the initial ice breaker is already in the past.  If it is your first time talking, just save your funny lines for later.

Third rule.  The compliment.  Everyone cna make a compliment, right?  Wrong.  You want to complement something that shows a choice she has made.  IRL you want to avoid things she does not have control over like her eyes.  In SL, we do have a choice of our eye color so that makes these easier but there is still an learned prejudice we (women) bring with us to SL.  Complement how her hair frames her face, how the color she wears look good on her,  her sense of style, her taste in music, etc.  Complement her on things she has chosen.  "Nice ass" is not a complement.  In later stages of the relationship you can get away with something close like "your AO walk drives me wild ever single time." 

Forth rule, and this is tough.  Let her know your intent right away but don't be a creep.  You want someone who is more than a friend;  you want passion and romance.  Sex is not the goal.  Just friends is not the goal.  Let her know you are looking for a long term relationship foremost.  Sex will take care of itself.

==============================
OK ... so you have found a girl and started a conversation.  Ask about her.  Listen to what she says and ask follow up question.  Do not talk about yourself.  If she asks, answer shortly but get the conversation back on her.  What she wants, what she likes, who she knows, her family, her friends, her hobbies.  All about her.  Your part of the conversation should be limited to "me too" type statements.  If you have to, take notes.  This is the great thing about SL.  You can put notes right there in their profile that you can refer to later.  Plain old pen and paper work too.  These notes can give you something to refer to later.  You can ask her how some detail of her life is going when you next meet and she will adore you for remembering.  OK, so you didn't actually remember but you made the effort and that means everything.

Next, and this one is controversial but it has it's reasons for being being an old adage.  Wait 3 days before asking her out.  Yeah, I said it.  It's playing a game and everyone will tell you that don't like people who play games.  This also separates the booty call from the companions.  If she cannot wait 3 days I guarantee she will not wait while you are offline either.  Don't get dumped; don't forget this step.  If she IM's you, be happy to hear from her but also be busy.  Say your pleasantries and then make an excuse.  3 days.  Yeah it's a game.  Yes, if she is the one she will be the one even if you don't wait but if she is not the one you can move on with little emotional investment to crush your heart.  It sucks.  I didn't make this rule.  It has been around for a long, long time.  And it is there to save you both from heartache, but mostly you.

What you should be doing for those 3 days is finding a place for a date.  Action dates are best but a lot also depends on her interests.  There are arcades, roller coasters, boat rides, balloon rides, horse rides, shopping at some lesser known events, surfing, tons of things to do for cheap and free in SL.  After 3 days ask her out and set up a date.  If she is busy, stick to a short, upbeat chat but DO NOT try to change the date unless she is the one that brings it up.  You can ask her out again in another couple of days.  If that one is turned down, just move on.  

While you are chatting on your date, remember the rules.  Say nothing negative; ask about her; ask follow up questions; make me too comments.

Once you have passed the 3 day wait and had your first real date, you no longer need to wait between dates.  Don't smother her tho.  Give it time.  Get to know her friends and be sure to introduce her to your friends.  If everything works perfectly you can introduce her friends to your friends.  Maybe hire a DJ and have a party at your house to do this.  It's a nice way of locking in a relationship but it is not vital so don't sweat it if you can't put it together.  Just remember to ask her about how her friends are doing from time to time.  Remember the taking noted part?  Take notes about her friends.

==============================
               The Friend Zone
==============================
It will happen.  Kind of blows if you are really into this girl but if she is not interested there is nothing you can do.  You best bet is to use that friend zone to your advantage.

Everyone can use more friends.  While the friend zone can be the end of the line with her, it is by no means the end of the line.  I don't know any woman that does not like to play match maker.  If you have been positive and made an effort have real conversations she will surely set you up with one of her friends.  It's always nice to have some common interest with a new girl so take her up on the offer.  You will both have this friend in common.  Chat, be happy, 3 day wait ... all that jazz.  Maybe your "just friend" will find your long term girl for you. 

=================================

Be sure you have your own interests in mind as well.  Don't settle and don't try to force a relationship with the first girl you meet.  Find the perfect girl for you and be the perfect man for her.  All of the conversation tricks in the world are worthless if you do not click or have any real common interests.  Don't change your religion, your taste in music or even your own desire for her.  If you don't belong together, just move on and try again. 

 

 

Well, that turned into a big ol' wall o' text.

Happy hunting!

 

I think I'll put this on a note card and hand it out!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

OK ... so you have found a girl and started a conversation.  Ask about her.  Listen to what she says and ask follow up question.  Do not talk about yourself.  If she asks, answer shortly but get the conversation back on her.  What she wants, what she likes, who she knows, her family, her friends, her hobbies.  All about her.  Your part of the conversation should be limited to "me too" type statements.  If you have to, take notes.  This is the great thing about SL.  You can put notes right there in their profile that you can refer to later.  Plain old pen and paper work too.  These notes can give you something to refer to later.  You can ask her how some detail of her life is going when you next meet and she will adore you for remembering.  OK, so you didn't actually remember but you made the effort and that means everything.

While I agree with pretty much everything you've said, I can't agree with the above. If a guy makes it all about me, I'm not going to walk away, I'm going to run. That is one huge red flag. He needs to be as forthcoming about himself if I ask him a question as I am with him. Otherwise I will think we have nothing in common because he doesn't give me anything to work with. And just replying with "me, too" type statements isn't showing me anything to interest me because all you are doing is agreeing with me to "keep the peace".

I also have a problem with the taking notes thing the way you described it. Think about how it would feel if you found out the only way someone remembered anything about you is if they had made notes to remind themselves. It could also make you wonder just how many women in SL the guy is chasing or already has a relationship with. 

Sorry, Rhonda, but for women who have gone through what I have (and worse) those things are red flags and rightly so.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 3:06 AM, Rickyfatton said:

First of all. Huge: DISCLAIMER, THIS IS NOT A TROLL THREAD, ITS A LEGITIMATE TOPIC THAT I NEED HELP WITH  ( Jagix Linden)

 

How do you guys get girlfriends? I see tons of Second life men with E-girlfriends, and I just don't know how they are able to get one.

It's a real struggle for me, even though i spent a few hundies on my avatar. Women just seem to not be all that interested, and I have been playing second life for a long time now Close to

6 years, and I've still yet to have a proper online relationship with an actual woman. 

If i could get a few pointers or even a few volunteers i'd appreciate it very much. 

Crap: Apologies if i posted this in the wrong forum. If  a mod could please move it.

I don't have time to read the whole thread.

BUT, I started a club but it's not going yet for various reasons.

However, one of my ideas for the club would be to have singles dances for seriously looking singles as there seems to be a void here that needs to be filled.

Singles dances for fun and mingling and see what happens.

Otherwise, it's go to the adult kind of clubs.

What if people behind the avatars don't want to go to the adult kind of clubs and would rather meet in a less pressured environment or an environment of those looking just to score for a night or an hour.  

But, again, my club hasn't started YET but just for advice on my idea of a singles dance or singles night, would you be interested in such an event?

p.s.  And, no...my club isn't for the money...my club only costs me about 5 dollars a month as there are no events yet.  The sim owner gave me a parcel of land to build a club normally where a store would go, so it's very inexpensive.  I'm just thinking that Second Life really needs singles dances and not just adult place hook ups.  

p.s.s. You are all free to dance there anytime for a date or to relax...it's pretty.  But, until events start, you need to bring your own music.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I don't have time to read the whole thread.

BUT, I started a club but it's not going yet for various reasons.

However, one of my ideas for the club would be to have singles dances for seriously looking singles as there seems to be a void here that needs to be filled.

Singles dances for fun and mingling and see what happens.

Otherwise, it's go to the adult kind of clubs.

What if people behind the avatars don't want to go to the adult kind of clubs and would rather meet in a less pressured environment or an environment of those looking just to score for a night or an hour.  

But, again, my club hasn't started YET but just for advice on my idea of a singles dance or singles night, would you be interested in such an event?

I like this idea.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

While I agree with pretty much everything you've said, I can't agree with the above. If a guy makes it all about me, I'm not going to walk away, I'm going to run. That is one huge red flag. He needs to be as forthcoming about himself if I ask him a question as I am with him. Otherwise I will think we have nothing in common because he doesn't give me anything to work with. And just replying with "me, too" type statements isn't showing me anything to interest me because all you are doing is agreeing with me to "keep the peace".

I also have a problem with the taking notes thing the way you described it. Think about how it would feel if you found out the only way someone remembered anything about you is if they had made notes to remind themselves. It could also make you wonder just how many women in SL the guy is chasing or already has a relationship with. 

Sorry, Rhonda, but for women who have gone through what I have (and worse) those things are red flags and rightly so.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who read that paragraph with alarm bells ringing.

I hate being put on a pedestal. I am not a painting or trophy, to be hung up on the wall with your other acquisitions. Yet for some reason many men think it's appropriate to interrogate me about basic information while offering nothing in return, as if they were trying to fill out that little info placard you see on the walls of a museum. Regardless of intent, it honestly feels like the guy in question does not see me (or women in general) as an actual human being, but instead nothing more than a prospective possession. And that's a nope from me.

Even if you avoid the casually misogynistic nature of that approach, there's still the fact that it's counter productive. You might come away from several of those conversations convinced that we have a lot in common and would make a good match; but from my perspective we have no mutual interests, because you have no interests at all. It makes you appear incredibly dull and uninspired.

I gotta say I enjoyed the rest of Rhonda's post - especially the part about complimenting our choices, that needs to be in massive bold letters on a banner somewhere. Just that one paragraph was a bit of a yikes, sadly.

Edited by AyelaNewLife
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

If it worked so well you would still be with the one you used that line on first.

You didn't even stop to think about those who may be lactose intolerant, just as you didn't stop to think about those with hearing loss not using voice in another thread. 9_9

What gave you the impression I am not? lol She married me and it's all cookies and cream. Lmao!!!! :D

Point of fact there is lactose free ice cream. Just like you didn't use your common sense before you decided to give me a hard time in said other thread I see your on a roll not using it here either. That's two for two so far. Your on a roll. lol 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 6:06 AM, Rickyfatton said:

First of all. Huge: DISCLAIMER, THIS IS NOT A TROLL THREAD, ITS A LEGITIMATE TOPIC THAT I NEED HELP WITH  ( Jagix Linden)

 

How do you guys get girlfriends? I see tons of Second life men with E-girlfriends, and I just don't know how they are able to get one.

It's a real struggle for me, even though i spent a few hundies on my avatar. Women just seem to not be all that interested, and I have been playing second life for a long time now Close to

6 years, and I've still yet to have a proper online relationship with an actual woman. 

If i could get a few pointers or even a few volunteers i'd appreciate it very much. 

Crap: Apologies if i posted this in the wrong forum. If  a mod could please move it.

contact me in world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...