Rickyfatton

How do you get a Girlfriend On SL?

3 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

... Last time someone hit me up by telling me about his lemon squeezer collection. That totally got my attention..

There you go, Ricky.  Buy a few lemon squeezers -- problem solved!

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No, no, no, no, no. Just no.

Ugh!

Aaaaaaawwwww! 🥺

• Haha 1

How about we create a “dating app” for Second Life? Kind of like RL apps. Find the closest avatar who also runs the app, swipe left/right, etc.

2 minutes ago, Rickyfatton said:

Where Do I find a girl like her on SL?!?

Yes indeed!

Inquiring minds want to know!

For a friend...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How about we create a “dating app” for Second Life? Kind of like RL apps. Find the closest avatar who also runs the app, swipe left/right, etc.

This idea actually has legs.....I’m pretty sure some script kiddie could cook something up that does this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am sad to see that my clever joke went right over Ricky's head.

I guess we'll have to cross each other off our lists of Potential Matches.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I am sad to see that my clever joke went right over Ricky's head.

I guess we'll have to cross each other off our lists of Potential Matches.

Most guys have a fear of having their lemons squeezed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Of course it all starts with a good pickup line

mirror.PNG

We already have a thread for this, "Lines that Annoy You Most"...and I refer the OP to that as a set of examples of What Not To Do!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Rickyfatton said:

Where Do I find a girl like her on SL?!?

The Oblivious IS strong in this one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Step one. Buy a handsome male bento face, a good mesh body, skin, hair and clothes that are both masculine and sexy. Turn yourself into the book cover fantasy that gets girls to read your profile.

Step two. Clean up that profile. Add groups that show a little intelligence and sociability. Write some heartfelt sensitive words in your bio. Take a nice picture of your new avatar and add to your profile pic. Go to some nice romantic places and add them to your picks. Hide all the weird stuff.

Step three. Scout out multiple places to take people out on a date. Dancing, beaches, etc. Accept all the date offers flooding in. Listen and be willing to get into things you have never tried before but also try to present your true self so your date can appreciate you as you are.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Step one. Buy a handsome male bento face, a good mesh body, skin, hair and clothes that are both masculine and sexy. Turn yourself into the book cover fantasy that gets girls to read your profile.

Step two. Clean up that profile. Add groups that show a little intelligence and sociability. Write some heartfelt sensitive words in your bio. Take a nice picture of your new avatar and add to your profile pic. Go to some nice romantic places and add them to your picks. Hide all the weird stuff.

Step three. Scout out multiple places to take people out on a date. Dancing, beaches, etc. Accept all the date offers flooding in. Listen and be willing to get into things you have never tried before but also try to present your true self so your date can appreciate you as you are.

I think it's a wee bit too late for that now. Best to start over with a new account. Although I have my misgivings on his chances for success even with a new account.

Its hard not to have good friends if you are good and interesting in chats. And its hard not to have girlfriend if you want one and you have lot of good friends. ( that's what I think )

Have a good sense of humor ( your confused emoji on Lindal kidd's comment indicated otherwise ), be respectful, understand her, and give her time .. this is the key according to me.      Am I right girls ? :D

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

No, no, no.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM.

1. Get the biggest most muscular avatar you can get.
  2. Grunt like a caveman .. like "ROOOOAARRRR"   or  " AAARRRRGGGHHH!!"
  3. Go full gansta-style flipmode. Say lots of ' Yo b...' and point at your groin while saying so.
  4. Tell them most of the time to go to the kitchen to make you food fast. They just loooove that. They actually foam at the mouth over it.

Success guaranteed !

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

I hear animesh/npc's are getting more and more advanced in SL.....

Edited by Jules Catlyn
made a booboo
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Rickyfatton said:

First of all. Huge: DISCLAIMER, THIS IS NOT A TROLL THREAD, ITS A LEGITIMATE TOPIC THAT I NEED HELP WITH  ( Jagix Linden)

How do you guys get girlfriends? I see tons of Second life men with E-girlfriends, and I just don't know how they are able to get one.

It's a real struggle for me, even though i spent a few hundies on my avatar. Women just seem to not be all that interested, and I have been playing second life for a long time now Close to

6 years, and I've still yet to have a proper online relationship with an actual woman. 

If i could get a few pointers or even a few volunteers i'd appreciate it very much. 

Crap: Apologies if i posted this in the wrong forum. If  a mod could please move it.

If you have to disclaim that it is not a troll thread, it looks like one. Not saying it is, but it sounds like it hits a nerve when that is suggested.

SL is RL. RL is SL. There are no Second Life men or Second Life women. There are men and women who use Second Life.

You don't want an e-girlfriend. Those relationships are inherently temporary. Fall in love with the person, not with the relationship.

Find someone over time that if you met her on the street, she'd still be your girl. Its great if SL is your medium. Long distance relationships were happening long before SL. Just make sure its real. Forming a purely SL relationship is the number 1 cause of break ups in SL. Sorry folks, its true.

Be confident. You want a girl to choose you as much as you want to choose a girl. They aren't apples to plucked off a tree. Be boyfriend material or you will not wind up with girlfriend material for long.

Remember they are not in-world for the purpose of being your girlfriend. They are not chess pieces on a board to be played however you choose. Respect her. This is not a video game.

You want a few volunteers? For what exactly? To be your girlfriend? People don't just sign up for relationships. At least not relationships that stand a chance. Not how it works man.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Rickyfatton said:

How do you guys get girlfriends?

The answer is quite simple and quite mundane.

First, you become friends. You talk, you get to know each other, find you have things in common like a favorite band, or a love for a certain cuisine, or you like the same cat breed.

Then, if you are lucky, feelings will start to grow on both sides. If it does, great! If not, then too bad. You stay friends but hope for someone else to become your GF.

This is the closest to a magic formula I can give you. It is not fail-safe, it is not foolproof, but it IS one of the best ways to get an actual girlfriend OR boyfriend, either in SL or in RL.

But remember, if you want a real GF, then it all starts with friendship!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TDD123 said:

No, no, no.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM.

1. Get the biggest most muscular avatar you can get.
  2. Grunt like a caveman .. like "ROOOOAARRRR"   or  " AAARRRRGGGHHH!!"
  3. Go full gansta-style flipmode. Say lots of ' Yo b...' and point at your groin while saying so.
  4. Tell them most of the time to go to the kitchen to make you food fast. They just loooove that. They actually foam at the mouth over it.

Success guaranteed !

Oh, you've been to Gor as well.

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Adam Spark said:

There are no Second Life men or Second Life women. There are men and women who use Second Life.

This. ↑

Since I've been a newbie helper on my first account, I've always "preached" that there is a real person behind each avatar, with real feelings, real dreams, real expectations, real wishes and wants, real likes and dislikes and so on. Except for chat bots (which you easily can tell apart after a few sentences), there's no avatar in the entire grid that is not steered by a real person. This real person may not appear inworld with their Real Life™ age, their Real Life™ gender, their Real Life™ look, their Real Life™ ethnicity, etc -- but they all are Real Life™ persons nonetheless.

If you don't respect that, and don't actually become"boyfriend material", you always will be bound to find an "e-girlfriend" who rather role-plays being your girl than actually becomes your girlfriend. And as others suggested: Be patient. Start with getting to know the person of interest, form bonds of friendship until you can open up to each other. Then let the feelings grow. Rather take it slow than fast.

• Like 5