What happens if Linden lab closes/shuts down

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, you would not get your money back. And you already know that, because you checked the checkbox that said: "I have read and agree with the Second Life Terms of Service". Glad to be able to answer t

If they shut down the servers, Would I be able to get all the money i've spend on Second life? or even a partial Refund.

I would buy a hundred thousand Bento lollipops.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

SL is almost the smallest it has been since the initial launch spike, the decision to stop selling regions has everything to do with LL being taken over and nothing to do with the platforms scalability,

Physical hardware space in the datacenter is the reason.   uplift should solve that issue.

We already had a detailed discussion about this.  The plan was to cease hardware purchases and move simulators to somebody else's hardware, aka "the cloud".  The cessation of region sales occurred sooner than planned for the uplift because the region sales rate increased dramatically and depleted the available hardware faster than anticipated.  Hardware cannot be added to the current colocation space at it too is at capacity.  Region sales will resume once the uplift is completed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.