Having Fun in Bellisseria

Soull Starlight

It is being a strange day in RL, I guess we dont get to choose our family because otherwise we'll be missing all the fun. Sooo, I've decided to take the Belli sheep out for walk and explore the Bellisseria camper regions, highly recommended. Just looking at that smushy face makes me laugh again!! I guess reality is just what you decide it is

Bellisheep.jpg

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 9

On 9/4/2020 at 7:58 AM, Christhiana said:

Winter is coming...better put a fresh coat of protective paint on those logs!

112706886_Painting03_001_001.thumb.png.f694a9f4bdff20281595f105d043698f.png

Is that a ladder that lets folks paint on a house?  I've been wanting something like that for my art museum.  I got the one that let's folks writer graffiti, but then realized someone could use it to write all sorts of bad things all over my walls.  So I got rid of it.

• Like 1

A few pictures from the Hammies party last night, they definitely look like very dangerous fellows planning to run a new world order.... Here is a link to my album in Flickr; if posting the link is not allowed, please let me know, I don't mean to promote anything.

Thank you so much Hammies for setting up everything

HammiesGang.jpg

HammiesPartyAirView.jpg

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Is that a ladder that lets folks paint on a house?  I've been wanting something like that for my art museum.  I got the one that let's folks writer graffiti, but then realized someone could use it to write all sorts of bad things all over my walls.  So I got rid of it.

It's a set by Kraftwork + HERA called Painting in Progress. It comes with a ladder, wall texture, newspapers, brush and roller and has both male, female and couple poses. It also comes with a HUD to tint the wall texture, brushes, newspaper and paint can. It has modify permissions, so you could easily put in a script that lets people paint your walls. I use it for all the ads for my shells and I totally love it! 

You can get it on MP: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KraftWork-HERA-Painting-in-Progress-REZ-ME/17855702

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Elena Core said:

A few pictures from the Hammies party last night, they definitely look like very dangerous fellows planning to run a new world order.... Here is a link to my album in Flickr; if posting the link is not allowed, please let me know, I don't mean to promote anything.

Thank you so much Hammies for setting up everything

HammiesGang.jpg

Freaking adorable!!!!!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Freaking adorable!!!!!!!

I guess that is why they are so dangerous, because they melt your heart and it is impossible not to love them... The first time I saw the BelliHammie, she was jumping on my neighbour's car in Fofita. I think it was her, but I was reluctant to come closer and say hi, because a giant hamster jumping on a cop car can be quite intimidating.

Edited by Elena Core
typos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2020 at 2:32 AM, Christhiana said:

It's a set by Kraftwork + HERA called Painting in Progress. It comes with a ladder, wall texture, newspapers, brush and roller and has both male, female and couple poses. It also comes with a HUD to tint the wall texture, brushes, newspaper and paint can. It has modify permissions, so you could easily put in a script that lets people paint your walls. I use it for all the ads for my shells and I totally love it! 

You can get it on MP: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KraftWork-HERA-Painting-in-Progress-REZ-ME/17855702

Thanks so much!  I added it to my favorites, and will check the store out when I have some time.  I'm not certain it's usable by others due to the HUD, which is no copy/no transfer.  It's also static, so I'd probably just use it as a spot for folks to take a souvenir photo.

What I'd really like would be a set of spray paint cans that folks can use to spray graffiti art on the side of the house, with another object nearby, a paint roller for painting over the graffiti lol  Or an object with competing painters going back and forth, one spraying graffiti, the other painting over the graffiti.

• Like 3

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Ahoy, fellow travelers!  Have you ever been to the bottom of Firefly Lake, some FIFTY METERS BELOW THE SURFACE?  I first became aware of Firefly Lake via something Abner Mole said in the SSP thread:

On 9/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, Rabid Cheetah said:

So if the water level is set higher in the mountain regions, is that water restricted by your building software to be a maximum of 20 meters deep, or could you theoretically have water all the way from an elevation of 50 meters (or whatever it's set to, I forget) down to elevation zero?  A 70 meter deep inland lake?

Enjoying hearing about the building process.  🙂

You tell me :) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firefly Ridge/242/2/49 "

Naturally, I had to check the place out.  I donned my diving equipment, and headed to the region.  Standing on the dock, I pondered why the region is called Firefly RIDGE, not Firefly Lake.  Clearly, there's no ridge here.  But there is a big lake.

989814158_Firefly_Lake1.thumb.jpg.29d878c4a5e4742e6e67a69bb5480ceb.jpg

I carefully dove into the water, wondering if I would see an underwater mountain range -- a ridge, as it were, that the region was named after.  After all, there were little peaks popping out of the lake.

1132031167_Firefly_Lake2.thumb.jpg.b70e26ff3d02fa22589ce16643eb6dec.jpg

The water seemed quite shallow, with no mountains sunken below the water.  But there was something up ahead, so I switched on the Highbeam Photonic Generator for a better view:

1477063042_Firefly_Lake3.thumb.jpg.6bbdc5231072c9866537f1464870c832.jpg

"This is an astounding find!", I exclaimed.  That was no natural mountain tip I's seen jutting above the water, but rather a pile of dirt placed atop a stone pedestal!  As I drew closer, I saw the land drop sharply and suddenly.  So THIS must be the ridge!

1674463369_Firefly_Lake4.thumb.jpg.55c2bb3b65955c58f477cfca17401ebe.jpg

I couldn't believe my eyes!  But my Depth O' Meter confirmed it, as I dropped the probe to the floor of a giant crater:  It's fifty meters below the water level!  I descended, then had the probe's camera tilt up to see the ridge.  Its circular shape suggests the area was once hit by a meteor. 1291455345_Firefly_Lake5.thumb.jpg.15ebdaf1b88c74b85e04686ec8d1aab5.jpg

I found no signs of a meteor.  But what I did find were some strange glowing and swirling lights, drawing me towards a vortex:

595891579_Firefly_Lake6.thumb.jpg.c2f3fa3beacde1fca50679be99076b02.jpg

Suddenly, my diving helmet's faceplate turned pitch black.  When light was restored, I found myself in a room full of portals!  Feeling nauseous from being thrust through a fold in space-time, I quickly removed my helmet.

855084006_Firefly_Lake7.thumb.jpg.e5f4d063879a18ab39d665da465fcc3c.jpg

I returned yo the lake later that evening, just before sunset, and made sure to avoid the strange vortex-creature I'd previously encountered.  As I climbed up the other side of the steep ridge, the edge of the lake was in sight, with nearby houses in view.

16423935_Firefly_Lake8.thumb.jpg.2515373f7be8df511f681740975d0501.jpg

I don't know if the inhabitants of these houses are even aware of the wonders that await them, right outside their front door.  They're probably too bust being mesmerized by a stunning sunset.

157962402_Firefly_Lake9.thumb.jpg.624e7279555e4e649d883d0ad50029a3.jpg

As the hour was late, I headed back to my home to dine on veggie burgers and fried potatoes, and to pour over the data and images that I'd collected.  Thus concluded my first exciting adventure to the bottom of Firefly Lake!

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
me hate typos
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I think Pat

56 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Thanks so much!  I added it to my favorites, and will check the store out when I have some time.  I'm not certain it's usable by others due to the HUD, which is no copy/no transfer.  It's also static, so I'd probably just use it as a spot for folks to take a souvenir photo.

I believe Patch used this same set last February for a Linden Home Teaser:

49583901936_ddf53dcfe3_c.jpg

• Like 8

Bellisseria is such a constant joy for our entire family. We love the beauty surrounding us anywhere we go. We love the many places to explore and the endless things we can all do as a family. We love the open waters and peaceful waves. We love being part of beautiful neighborhoods and so proud to be part of an incredible community. Mostly, my favorite part of Bellisseria is the peace I've found in our two family homes. I feel safe and relaxed. I'm simply happier because I get moments like below where I'm reminded every moment of everyday why I love being a wife and mummy! ❤️

That is priceless for me!

Daffy Photo_009.png

• Like 9