Animesh gun

Shouka Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. Recently I made a gun, and I wanted to try out the new animesh features. I was told I could not make a custom skeleton/animations for said skeleton, so I was wondering where I should rig the bones for the attachment. Currently, it's three moving parts: a sliding door and two barrels that operate individually. I'd like it to work with all avatars, so wing/tail bones might be out of the question. What's the best bones to rig them to, or is there a way to use my custom skeleton?

7 minutes ago, animebutts said:

Hello. Recently I made a gun, and I wanted to try out the new animesh features. I was told I could not make a custom skeleton/animations for said skeleton, so I was wondering where I should rig the bones for the attachment. Currently, it's three moving parts: a sliding door and two barrels that operate individually. I'd like it to work with all avatars, so wing/tail bones might be out of the question. What's the best bones to rig them to, or is there a way to use my custom skeleton?

err.... if it is animesh you need not consider other attachments (unless you want to create linkable accessoiries to your object - which would need to share the same skeleton setup) - every animesh object is a self encased full bento avatar skeleton. A sliding door and two barrels would need no more than max 6 joints (2 per object) but more likely just 3 (1 per object). Just abuse any part of the joints of the bento skeleton that seem suited to you.

15 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

err.... if it is animesh you need not consider other attachments (unless you want to create linkable accessoiries to your object - which would need to share the same skeleton setup) - every animesh object is a self encased full bento avatar skeleton. A sliding door and two barrels would need no more than max 6 joints (2 per object) but more likely just 3 (1 per object). Just abuse any part of the joints of the bento skeleton that seem suited to you.

What would be the best way to do this? I've tried renaming the old bones in my gun to their correlating bones on the skeleton. But it seems all screwy.105adbd290.png

18 hours ago, animebutts said:

I've tried renaming the old bones in my gun to their correlating bones on the skeleton. But it seems all screwy.

The names are incorrect to begin with. The joints names begin with a "m" prefix, so for what i can read in your image, "Chest" should be "mChest" and so on.

18 hours ago, animebutts said:

What would be the best way to do this?

This is the art of rigging. People confuses this word with weight painting, but it's not only weight painting, rigigng is ultimately aimed to find a system to drive the deforming bones regardless of their direct parent-child relationship. It's not something that can be taught in a forum post.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.