Sign in to follow this  
arabellajones

Documentation for EAM (Estate Access Management)

A Project Viewer for Estate Access Management came out in August 2018. There were a few mentions of it then, but I've not found any definite source for when it merged into the main SL viewer. I assume it must have, because now it's part of the latest Firestorm Viewer. The only thing I can find which might pass as documentation is a pair of article in Inara Pey's blog, which assume everyone knows what an Estate Manager is.

I eventually found this old web page on the SL Wiki: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Estate_Manager

I am not an estate manager. I can ban people from the parcel I control. I can see how being able to get at least some of the info, such as a banned resident's last-logged-in date can be useful to me. But I am not an estate manager.

I reckon, with the Firestorm-led hype, that it's time to update that web-page to cover the EAM features, making it clear who can, and cannot, use them. In the past, extensions to section-A through feature-B have suffered from only having B->A links provided, so that a search which finds section-A doesn't have a chance of revealing feature-B. I think one web-page, covering Estate Managers and the current tools, is enough

18 hours ago, Nova Convair said:

If you are no estate manager it's pointless for you.

You can have a look at the settings though. (Alt-R)

It is still lousy documentation. It needs improving.