Can I pay for premium with lindens?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Premium cannot be paid for with Linden Dollars. You can convert them to actual money through the Lindex and it will remain as a positive US Dollar balance, which the payments for Premium will come out of.

[With the (at this point) important reminder that if you maintain a USD balance after August 1, you will be required to agree to the Tilia ToS. But that's really not very scary, and doesn't involve anything other than clicking "yes," so probably not a big deal for most people.]

• Like 1

@MilleBliss,

You already have a "Tilia account"...if you look on the LindEx pages, you'll see "Powered by Tilia" there.  Tilia is a subsidiary of Linden Lab, and has been "powering" the financial tracking side of things for three or four years now.

The only change is, that come Aug 1, there will be a little more legal separation between Tilia and Second Life.  You'll have to agree to a separate set of Tilia Terms of Service.  If you want to take $USD out of Second Life by transferring them to your PayPal account, you might have to provide some additional personal information first.  You will still use the LindEx to buy and sell $L.

• Like 1

Paying membership and tier with lindens WITHOUT converting them to US dollars and keeping them in the USD portion of your account is not possible currently. Patched mentioned in the recent Tilia Town Hall that it could-possibly-might-who knows (not quotes :D) be possible in the future. 

That would certainly make a big difference TO ME and to some of my friends. But it isn't here yet. If you leave ANY money in your Tilia USD account you WILL be required to agree to the Tilia TOS and Privacy Policy (US only for privacy) in order to use Second Life.  So IF you convert money to pay premium then it might be good (depending of course on your point of view) to move ALL the remaining USD balance to your bank (you will need more than the $3.00US it costs to send the money to Paypal. 

I know many people who have and will do this --- but maybe it's just the folks that I hang around with :SwingingFriends:

A support ticket has been officially advised should you still be confused.  

Good luck.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.