Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm just curious - what have you come across inworld that you have found interesting, funny even? Anything really, including avatars.

Mine so far:

1. I often see this fox av who would probably qualify as a griefer and is often at this public sandbox dressed as a bride with a complexity level over 400k. This fox bride hangs around asking everyone for their hand in marriage, and sometimes asks them to buy her a new L$1500 wedding dress. Creepy.

2. I see this dog av who busks at shopping events a lot - kinda small and kinda cute, and...

3. One time I walked over a rug that greeted me with "hey beautiful" and it turned out to be an actual avatar who planted himself on the floor of a store, greeting ladies as they pass by. Also creepy.

How about you?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

 

3. One time I walked over a rug that greeted me with "hey beautiful" and it turned out to be an actual avatar who planted himself on the floor of a store, greeting ladies as they pass by. Also creepy.

 

I’ve seen a rug avatar at a couple of shopping events... I’m assuming it’s the same guy. I give him points for originality, then take them away for the creep factor.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdminGirl said:

3. One time I walked over a rug that greeted me with "hey beautiful" and it turned out to be an actual avatar who planted himself on the floor of a store, greeting ladies as they pass by. Also creepy.

It's called up-skirting and you've been made a victim. Luckily it happened in SL and not RL.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/uk/upskirting-uk-criminal-offense-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's called up-skirting and you've been made a victim. Luckily it happened in SL and not RL.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/uk/upskirting-uk-criminal-offense-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

Technically anyone who knows how to work cam controls can up-skirt in SL at any time, but the fact that that’s the guy’s whole shtick makes it pretty creepy.

Edited by Eva Knoller
Spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Technically anyone who knows how to work cam controls can up-skirt in SL at any time, but the fact that that’s the guy’s whole shtick makes it pretty creepy.

Well, yes.

But it does mean you can jump up and down on him wearing stilettos.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

2. I see this dog av who busks at shopping events a lot - kinda small and kinda cute, and...

nintenpet, hellhund, TWI wolf and hallowpup all are very popular dog avatar choices - are you sure you always saw the same person wearing them?

Edited by Fionalein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, yes.

But it does mean you can jump up and down on him wearing stilettos.

I like this idea! I need to find a jumping animation for the next time I come across the guy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Technically anyone who knows how to work cam controls can up-skirt in SL at any time, but the fact that that’s the guy’s whole shtick makes it pretty creepy.

There are probably way more of that kind in SL than we might think. Since it is SL and not RL, I try not to let it bother me and succeed pretty well at it. Mostly I wear pants or shorts or leggings. Because it's just an avatar, right?

Usually, I just don't think about it all and go about my business, until someone or something reminds me of it. 

Who was it that was upskirting in SL years ago and posting the images on another site? I've forgotten his name. I want to say it was Taco Rubio. Yeah, there was a huge uproar over that when it came out. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, yes.

But it does mean you can jump up and down on him wearing stilettos.

Maybe that's the reason he wants to be a rug?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 years ago i found this place where was this room as in snapshot and those plants made a sound when something touched them, if i remember correctly. I just went to see if the place is still there, it was in Hiaka, but the land is on sale where it was. If anyone knows this still is somewhere, would be nice to go visit that garden again.

It was fun and interesting.

12072015 musical garden.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fionalein said:

nintenpet, hellhund, TWI wolf and hallowpup all are very popular dog avatar choices - are you sure you always saw the same person wearing them?

Hm I'm not sure to be honest. I always thought he was busking 'cause he was playing a guitar with a hat in front of him but now that I think about it.. he might have really just been camming around shopping! Silly me xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ansiri said:

4 years ago i found this place where was this room as in snapshot and those plants made a sound when something touched them, if i remember correctly. I just went to see if the place is still there, it was in Hiaka, but the land is on sale where it was. If anyone knows this still is somewhere, would be nice to go visit that garden again.

It was fun and interesting.

 

Don't know about the garden but it reminded me of this space ship I visited where I was eaten by this plant 😮

 

original_5c519dded774f87b96000001.thumb.png.309ea9e4e7872978bded3cb661a5e75a.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well... I don't know if it fits into "funny" or "interesting" but when I was working on my LH décor last night some random naked man teleported himself onto my bed. Just suddenly appeared. And suddenly disappeared just as quickly. The fact I was holding my animesh baby probably scared the crap out of him and subsequently deflated any... hopes he had to get SLexy, if that was indeed what he had been intending. All I know is teleporting yourself naked into a stranger's bed is NOT the proper way to say hello (without copious amounts of alcohol being consumed before hand, or you're Tom Hardy. If it's the latter, teleport yourself in any time. I'll never complain about it ;) ).

Edited by RaeLeeH
Got all flustered and typod like a fangirl. >.<
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never met a rug, but I did meet one avatar at an Infohub who was a large sunflower, just sitting out in a field of other flowers.  And there's a freebie tree avatar...you can move and it will thrash its limbs.  Kinda like the Evil Trees in "The Wizard of Oz".

One of the cutest things, I think, is WarBirds.  They are tiny little airplanes that look like they came off an amusement park ride, but they fly and you can dogfight with other WarBirds and try to shoot them down.  They don't handle region crossings at all well, but they aren't intended for long cross country flights.

One of the most original homes I ever saw was a sunken cabin cruiser.  It rested at an angle on the seabed.  But once you got inside, someone had constructed nice level floors and made a very pretty...and inconspicuous...home underwater.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Well... I don't know if it fits into "funny" or "interesting" but when I was working on my LH décor last night some random naked man teleported himself onto my bed. Just suddenly appeared. And suddenly disappeared just as quickly. The fact I was holding my animesh baby probably scared the crap out of him and subsequently deflated any... hopes he had to get SLexy, if that was indeed what he had been intending. All I know is teleporting yourself naked into a stranger's bed is NOT the proper way to say hello (without copious amounts of alcohol being consumed before hand, or you're Tom Hardy. If it's the latter, teleport yourself in any time. I'll never complain about it ;) ).

Oh no, it's not?? That's how I've been saying hello all this time!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AdminGirl said:

Oh no, it's not?? That's how I've been saying hello all this time!

/me gives you the side eye and smirks. You probably have a lot more friends than me in that case! 🤣

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ansiri said:

4 years ago i found this place where was this room as in snapshot and those plants made a sound when something touched them...

I couldn’t tell you the specific garden you went to, but the snapshot and description you provided reminds me of Elicio Ember’s store - Cerridwen’s Cauldron. The [CC] in world store is a treat in itself - lots of large, glowing plants that certainly do make noises when you touch them (or some of them do, anyway). 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

Don't know about the garden but it reminded me of this space ship I visited where I was eaten by this plant 😮

 

original_5c519dded774f87b96000001.thumb.png.309ea9e4e7872978bded3cb661a5e75a.png

That picture reminds me of that place what it looked like, so it could be the same place where that musical garden was, but it was so long time ago, can't remember that well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, norajulian said:

I couldn’t tell you the specific garden you went to, but the snapshot and description you provided reminds me of Elicio Ember’s store - Cerridwen’s Cauldron. The [CC] in world store is a treat in itself - lots of large, glowing plants that certainly do make noises when you touch them (or some of them do, anyway). 

Thanks, i will go and check those Cerridwen’s Cauldron plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, Ansiri said:

4 years ago i found this place where was this room as in snapshot and those plants made a sound when something touched them, if i remember correctly. I just went to see if the place is still there, it was in Hiaka, but the land is on sale where it was. If anyone knows this still is somewhere, would be nice to go visit that garden again.

It was fun and interesting.

12072015 musical garden.jpg

I remember this too, I think it was an art installation. I'm going to delve into my memory and see what I can recall, I'm sure I visited with someone but I can't remember who. I'll get back to this thread if I get anywhere with this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...