Funny or interesting things/avatars spotted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm just curious - what have you come across inworld that you have found interesting, funny even? Anything really, including avatars.

Mine so far:

1. I often see this fox av who would probably qualify as a griefer and is often at this public sandbox dressed as a bride with a complexity level over 400k. This fox bride hangs around asking everyone for their hand in marriage, and sometimes asks them to buy her a new L$1500 wedding dress. Creepy.

2. I see this dog av who busks at shopping events a lot - kinda small and kinda cute, and...

3. One time I walked over a rug that greeted me with "hey beautiful" and it turned out to be an actual avatar who planted himself on the floor of a store, greeting ladies as they pass by. Also creepy.

How about you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

3. One time I walked over a rug that greeted me with "hey beautiful" and it turned out to be an actual avatar who planted himself on the floor of a store, greeting ladies as they pass by. Also creepy.

I’ve seen a rug avatar at a couple of shopping events... I’m assuming it’s the same guy. I give him points for originality, then take them away for the creep factor.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, AdminGirl said:

It's called up-skirting and you've been made a victim. Luckily it happened in SL and not RL.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/uk/upskirting-uk-criminal-offense-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's called up-skirting and you've been made a victim. Luckily it happened in SL and not RL.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/uk/upskirting-uk-criminal-offense-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

Technically anyone who knows how to work cam controls can up-skirt in SL at any time, but the fact that that’s the guy’s whole shtick makes it pretty creepy.

Edited by Eva Knoller
Spelling
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Technically anyone who knows how to work cam controls can up-skirt in SL at any time, but the fact that that’s the guy’s whole shtick makes it pretty creepy.

Well, yes.

But it does mean you can jump up and down on him wearing stilettos.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

2. I see this dog av who busks at shopping events a lot - kinda small and kinda cute, and...

nintenpet, hellhund, TWI wolf and hallowpup all are very popular dog avatar choices - are you sure you always saw the same person wearing them?

Edited by Fionalein

25 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

There are probably way more of that kind in SL than we might think. Since it is SL and not RL, I try not to let it bother me and succeed pretty well at it. Mostly I wear pants or shorts or leggings. Because it's just an avatar, right?

Usually, I just don't think about it all and go about my business, until someone or something reminds me of it. 

Who was it that was upskirting in SL years ago and posting the images on another site? I've forgotten his name. I want to say it was Taco Rubio. Yeah, there was a huge uproar over that when it came out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 years ago i found this place where was this room as in snapshot and those plants made a sound when something touched them, if i remember correctly. I just went to see if the place is still there, it was in Hiaka, but the land is on sale where it was. If anyone knows this still is somewhere, would be nice to go visit that garden again.

It was fun and interesting.

12072015 musical garden.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Fionalein said:

nintenpet, hellhund, TWI wolf and hallowpup all are very popular dog avatar choices - are you sure you always saw the same person wearing them?

Hm I'm not sure to be honest. I always thought he was busking 'cause he was playing a guitar with a hat in front of him but now that I think about it.. he might have really just been camming around shopping! Silly me xD

1 hour ago, Ansiri said:

4 years ago i found this place where was this room as in snapshot and those plants made a sound when something touched them, if i remember correctly. I just went to see if the place is still there, it was in Hiaka, but the land is on sale where it was. If anyone knows this still is somewhere, would be nice to go visit that garden again.

Don't know about the garden but it reminded me of this space ship I visited where I was eaten by this plant 😮

original_5c519dded774f87b96000001.thumb.png.309ea9e4e7872978bded3cb661a5e75a.png

• Thanks 1

Well... I don't know if it fits into "funny" or "interesting" but when I was working on my LH décor last night some random naked man teleported himself onto my bed. Just suddenly appeared. And suddenly disappeared just as quickly. The fact I was holding my animesh baby probably scared the crap out of him and subsequently deflated any... hopes he had to get SLexy, if that was indeed what he had been intending. All I know is teleporting yourself naked into a stranger's bed is NOT the proper way to say hello (without copious amounts of alcohol being consumed before hand, or you're Tom Hardy. If it's the latter, teleport yourself in any time. I'll never complain about it ;) ).

Edited by RaeLeeH
Got all flustered and typod like a fangirl. >.<
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I never met a rug, but I did meet one avatar at an Infohub who was a large sunflower, just sitting out in a field of other flowers.  And there's a freebie tree avatar...you can move and it will thrash its limbs.  Kinda like the Evil Trees in "The Wizard of Oz".

One of the cutest things, I think, is WarBirds.  They are tiny little airplanes that look like they came off an amusement park ride, but they fly and you can dogfight with other WarBirds and try to shoot them down.  They don't handle region crossings at all well, but they aren't intended for long cross country flights.

One of the most original homes I ever saw was a sunken cabin cruiser.  It rested at an angle on the seabed.  But once you got inside, someone had constructed nice level floors and made a very pretty...and inconspicuous...home underwater.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Well... I don't know if it fits into "funny" or "interesting" but when I was working on my LH décor last night some random naked man teleported himself onto my bed. Just suddenly appeared. And suddenly disappeared just as quickly. The fact I was holding my animesh baby probably scared the crap out of him and subsequently deflated any... hopes he had to get SLexy, if that was indeed what he had been intending. All I know is teleporting yourself naked into a stranger's bed is NOT the proper way to say hello (without copious amounts of alcohol being consumed before hand, or you're Tom Hardy. If it's the latter, teleport yourself in any time. I'll never complain about it ;) ).

Oh no, it's not?? That's how I've been saying hello all this time!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ansiri said:

4 years ago i found this place where was this room as in snapshot and those plants made a sound when something touched them...

I couldn’t tell you the specific garden you went to, but the snapshot and description you provided reminds me of Elicio Ember’s store - Cerridwen’s Cauldron. The [CC] in world store is a treat in itself - lots of large, glowing plants that certainly do make noises when you touch them (or some of them do, anyway). 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

Don't know about the garden but it reminded me of this space ship I visited where I was eaten by this plant 😮

original_5c519dded774f87b96000001.thumb.png.309ea9e4e7872978bded3cb661a5e75a.png

That picture reminds me of that place what it looked like, so it could be the same place where that musical garden was, but it was so long time ago, can't remember that well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, norajulian said:

I couldn’t tell you the specific garden you went to, but the snapshot and description you provided reminds me of Elicio Ember’s store - Cerridwen’s Cauldron. The [CC] in world store is a treat in itself - lots of large, glowing plants that certainly do make noises when you touch them (or some of them do, anyway). 

Thanks, i will go and check those Cerridwen’s Cauldron plants.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, Ansiri said:

12072015 musical garden.jpg

I remember this too, I think it was an art installation. I'm going to delve into my memory and see what I can recall, I'm sure I visited with someone but I can't remember who. I'll get back to this thread if I get anywhere with this...

• 5 months later...

Yesterday I was conducting my Land class on a field trip.  We visited a Mainland parcel located on a little inlet of Linden water.  At the head of the inlet, a Linden road came down the hill.  At the bottom, a big concrete pipe swallowed the road as it dived under the water.  It was an underwater tunnel!  I was intrigued, so I followed it.  It went for about three regions under the water, and then rose up again and the road continued on its way.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yesterday I was conducting my Land class on a field trip.  We visited a Mainland parcel located on a little inlet of Linden water.  At the head of the inlet, a Linden road came down the hill.  At the bottom, a big concrete pipe swallowed the road as it dived under the water.  It was an underwater tunnel!  I was intrigued, so I followed it.  It went for about three regions under the water, and then rose up again and the road continued on its way.

If I recall correctly, one of the pod rides goes along that road.  If you haven't taken your class on a field trip to ride them it's a fun day out with lots of interesting things to see. :) 

Some of the best I’ve seen:

-6 Kermit the frogs who gave other people Kermit the frog avatars to join them, like a froggy virus 

-a guy who’s avatar was the USS Enterprise on legs

-Gandalf the gray, but about the size of a can of soda 

-an avatar made entirely out of guns

-a naked furry at a social island, who when asked to remove his dong, apologized and replaced it with a toy train

-a to-scale housefly

-three twi fox avatars standing on top of eachother filling a trench coat, with a mannequin head on top

-a sentient rock who had to be thrown to move

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.