Games/Objects not working when parcel group build is off

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all!

So i have recently come into an issue with some games like Hand and Foot, and some vehicles from SCP.  it is my understanding that if "EVERYONE" is checked under Parcel Details for "BUILD" then quite obviously, everyone can build. And if it's set to "GROUP" then anyone with the relevant group can build. However if both of those are un-checked. Then the powers that are granted in roles of that specific group, kick in and that is what decides who gets rez rights.

Now my problem is, that it seems if BUILD is ON for the Land...

1930945203_download(5).png.58035e30b46ad71418f8cafd7fc8acc2.png

then everything seems to work fine. However if that is turned OFF...

1237669306_download(4).png.ea54ed7a2ad555ce07950eee2c4ccd33.png

then the games and vehicles seem to just sit in a "deer in headlights" state. And don't know what to do. Games cannot give out HUDS to play, and the vehicles cannot be driven by anyone UNLESS FOR BOTH, the Owner is online....

Extremely confusing since the whole idea behind the group is to restrict those rights to specific people..

So! my question is, does anybody know of a resolution to this issue. Thank You in advance, Dez :)

Edited by cykablyaidinarhui

Is the land Set to group, or Group-owned (deeded)?

• If the land is set to group, I'd expect that objects owned by the landowner should still be able to rez, so if that's not happening, I'm confused.
  • For group-deeded land, I think not allowing group rezzing means the object owner must be present in order for the sim to determine that they have special rights on the land.

You may want to set up a separate land-owning group with only the members you want to allow to rez.

Hmm. Maybe as an experiment, try carving out the minimal 4x4m square where one of these items is supposed to do its rezzing, buy it from the group as an individual, and set it to the group. If that works, maybe it's workable for the other items too?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.