Is there another way to verify my age without having to enter my personal information?

Pichu Nino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm sorry but my personal information is none of Linden Lab's business. Not to mention, if I try to apply for a job, they can search my records and find out what I've been using this for. I don't want that to happen but I'd still like to enjoy the adult content on the site.

8 answers to this question

Hi Pichu,

Welcome to SL Answers. The age verification is a process of data comparison. The database is called Aristotele. Here is described all. Without data verification you can't have an access to adult content. It is a matter of personal choice. You don't need to verify anything to use Second Life.

Edit

I should mention payment method but as far as I understand you don't want to share personal data so it is not a solution probably.

You can provide payment info and use it for a small transaction (buy yourself a dollar or so worth of L$), this will verify your account and allow you to access most adult content.

Some adult content requires specifically the ID verification and some even requires both, but this is a very small minority of adult content, and usually not very good adult content at that so you really wouldn't be missing anything. But if you verify by payment method and run into the occaissional sim that claims you're not verified, that's why.

Yoiu verify a payment method by entering a bank account, credit/debit card number or Paypal on the Billing Information page and then purchasing Linden Dollars by clicking the Buy button in the little "Linden Exchange window on your SL website dashboard, or directly in-world by clicking the "Buy L$" button next to your current linden dollar balance.

Remember, it doesn't have to be a lot. Like a dollar will do.

if you are not interested in accessing land parcels that specifically require that you need to be age verified but still want to acess adult rated land you can add payment info on file by purchasing L$ on the lindex or get a premium account this will adult verify you

Correct. If you use Paypal, you don't need to give personal data to LL. However, with the advent of local payments it's currently only possible to use Paypal when you are in the US - which is a major bummer IMHO! As for the other payment methods: I don't know who will retain the data you enter when choosing them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.