Beth Macbain

Bellisserian Positivity Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Idk, Beth, lol got room for someone that isn't into um.. everything ;) but still loves the community and laughter and humor (and recipes!)

Absolutely! Diversity and inclusion is the name of our game! No one has to do anything they aren't comfy with and no one pushes anyone to do anything at all ever. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I wasn't trying to kiss it! I was trying to snatch it up and take it home. Think Beth will notice one is missing???

Go ahead! Isn't that part of the beauty of SL? I can just rezz another one!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I spotted the SSP continent when it was pretty small at only about 60 or 80 Regions on the World Map when looking for places to sail and watched it grow from time to time, then kept an eye on the SSP? Thread and enjoyed many good laughs at the speculation going on there!  We decided at the March Preview we definitely wanted a Houseboat for the access to sailable water ️ 

I snagged one on the first day (thank goodness 😉 ) April 15 and was awed by the size of the continent then!  The first glimpse of the Map plastered with green dots inspired the most wonderful feeling!  I’ve never seen so many and it warmed my heart 💗 as I realized that something incredibly unusual was going on and we all were there as it was happening!

We saw all these dots form a real community right away with people offering their land for anyone to Rez vehicles and boats... way back  before there were any official Rez areas!  We crashed often enough that we opted for wearable bicycles and found them ideal to explore at a slow enjoyable pace.  The first person I saw whose name I recognized was @seanabrady !  I was pretty excited to say the least! 🤩 

We saw ingenuity and creativity flourish and explode as people shared ideas and suggestions and opened their homes for others to visit 😁 Bellisseria had almost miraculously concentrated a diverse mass of SL residents into a lively community which has thrived and grown ever since!

Almost every day we get to chat with Lindens and Moles and now even watch them work!  What a thrill it is to spot a blue dot 🔵 on the Map! 

Almost every day being on Bellisseria feels like attending the world’s largest family reunion 😄 Every day Bellisseria becomes Home to someone new, who now belongs to this family and I feel we do a pretty good job of welcoming each one and helping each find their way around and where they fit 🥰 Even more exciting is finding those newcomers welcoming and helping wave after wave of new people waiting for homes and celebrating settling in!

MOAR parties!!!  😄😃💃🏽🕺🏽😁😉

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Absolutely! Diversity and inclusion is the name of our game! No one has to do anything they aren't comfy with and no one pushes anyone to do anything at all ever. 

yay! awesome :) had to log for the evening but will be online tomorrow.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm putting the little thank you emoji on all these answers but that's not quite good enough! THANK YOU to everyone sharing stories about the magic of Bellisseria! I'm honored and proud to be your neighbor!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, CailetAmbrai said:

but of all the places to get a house in Belli, I ended up next door to my best friend of 10+ years in SL

Oh I remember this!  I was so, so happy for you. That is so fantastically wonderful! It's so nice to be able to look at the mini map and see friends.

• Like 8

This thread wins the whole darn internet.  Love how Bellisseria has brought us together and reminded up that we can share our weird, creative, off the hook, joyous and even cranky, unique selves with each other & trust that if we communicate with good will & open hearts, everyone gets lifted up.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Gonna have to hitch a ride one day with Fritigern.  My little hear is still pittering in fright. Thank goodness for quick row boats or he'd have smooshed me to the bottom of the river.

PS: These are the things I loooove about the Bellisseria community.  Such fun and good sport to be had!

You are more than welcome to hop aboard with me, we can have chats or just a boat ride in silence, whichever you'd prefer... Iseuld! (yes, I did notice you in your row boat... and once or twice on Resonance :-))

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You are more than welcome to hop aboard with me, we can have chats or just a boat ride in silence, whichever you'd prefer... Iseuld! (yes, I did notice you in your row boat... and once or twice on Resonance :-))

Oh my goddness, are you an old Norian?  And I'd love to jump on board and go for a ride sometime.  btw, that's a very loud and scary horn blast ya got on that barge!  😁

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, let's give this a try! We need an injection of joy around these parts! 

JOY: Cause we have moles!  (Cian grabbed this snap out of a Bellisseria group chat. I didn't take this awesome pic and don't know who did to give credit.)

moles.thumb.jpg.3bc7bdfa7f48e2f75c1efe8976e62a31.jpg

I believe this photo was taken by Squishy Mole. (cause someone in a post below pointed it out to me ;) )

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 16

I think a lot of people already touched on many of the great things that I see in Bellisseria from awesome homes, to greater community to interaction with Linden and Moles... I echo all of that...

Something else that is positive for me is a big picture thing.  This is the first time in many years where I truly have felt that Linden Labs was doing something proactive and positive for the longevity of Second Life... My Second Life is a much needed escape from reality... but it is also something that helps me to allow a part of me to blossom that I don't have the opportunity to in RL.

So when all of the sudden Bellisseria comes along and injects a whole new sign of life in our beautiful world it gives me hope that SL will be here for a long time to come.

So I am grateful for Bellisseria for something that it represents in the big picture for me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I love seeing all all of the creative ideas people come up with, how everyone comes together to share them, and how positive everyone is 🤗 I'm an incredibly shy person, in RL and in SL, so I have not joined any of the groups and usually avoid gatherings, but seeing others come together really makes me happy, I love positivity and kindness, and there has been an abundance here.  I also love to come to the forums, and see all of the beautiful pictures people have posted 😍, it really inspires my own creativity, and the best part of it is, is how kind everyone is to one another. 

Just wandering around in Bellisseria and noticing all of the little touches people have added to their homes, gives me a smile, and I get really excited when more people get their homes because I know most of them are likewise happy, and that is contagious to me, plus I always look forward to seeing how everyone will shape their local region with their own little flair. 

Also, I love this thread 💗this thread, thank you for creating it.  

• Like 17

What a refreshing change to see something so positive and happy.  Sometimes the only thing you can do to really put things into perspective is count all the good things rather than dwelling on the bad.  I love everything about this thread....and now for something completely....appropriate....

• Like 12

For starters, let me just say @Beth Macbain, that you re truly awesome! ❤️ And thank you for this thread. 👍

Perhaps I'm going a bit overboard here, but, in short, Bellisseria has given me a renewed sense of how wonderful ppl really are! I realize it's almost a bit weird needing the reminder, but having been cooped up on my private island for so long, I kinda forgot a bit what wondrous community ppl can form, what great work of creativity they can accomplish, the designs they come up with, and the willingness and joy they experience in sharing all these things with everyone!

Bellisseria has definitely, and greatly impacted my SL experience in a huge, positive way! :)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Bellisserians, how has your (Second)life changed since you landed on Bellisseria? Is it what you were expecting? What brings you happiness when you look around?

How has my Second Life changed since landing on Bellisseria?

My family was fortunate enough to get a traditional house on the first day of the initial release. We had a feeling they were going to be popular and go fast so we held onto our little home most thankfully. We consider ourselves very lucky to have gotten a home so those little things that weren't what we considered perfect became our new perfectly imperfect home and yard. It is a matter of home is where our hearts are and our hearts are together in that little house we've painstakingly decorated together. It is where our daughter plays and the house and yard are filled with her laughter. It is where our kittycats run all over the place and create havoc. It is where I get unconditional love and hugs. That house has become part of our family.

I'm also very shy to the point of timidity and becoming physically ill because of anxiety. This has changed since I've moved to Bellisseria. I bike ride around my neighborhood on my bicycle. Daily walks with my family to the community pool that overlook the ocean. Also, the creation and inspiration of Elfie and Minnie foxes came into existence here. Being Elfie has helped me to open up a bit more easily and I even find I'm responding so much more in at least this section of the forum. Elfie and Minnie have become huge fans of Hammy. ;) That is a huge change in me. I'm interacting with more people than I ever have before. I'm giving people a chance.

Bellisseria is so much more than I ever expected it to be. I'm beyond speechless much of the time how absolutely lovely it is. The people and atmosphere are wonderful.

The happiness I get as I look around are the people I see cycling or walking by outside my front door. It is in the individuality of my neighbors displayed in how they decorate their front and back garden. It is in the ocean that I can gently see ripple from boats and fish. It is in the beautiful large shady trees that Elfie and Minnie enjoy napping under. It is in the wildlife I'm so very fortunate to see around me and be part of. It is everything and everyone around me in my quiet existence that gently witnesses life happening in the Bellisseria community.

Sorry for the novel. Please excuse my long windedness.

Thank you Beth for such a beautiful topic. It is a nice break from the more sharped edged topics in the forum at present. ☺️

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, LyricalBookworm said:

Thank you Beth for such a beautiful topic. It is a nice break from the more sharped edged topics in the forum at present. 

Yeah, okay... this one hit my right in the feels and I might be crying a few (happy) tears.

We all came to SL for in infinite number of reasons, all uniquely ours, but then we find others that we just... god, relate to so much, and it really is something magical... it’s more than pixels or avatars are houses. It’s the people... these wonderful humans we’re sharing this place with. It’s coming together in Bellisseria where we are each building homes, and extending our circles of other humans, as big or as small as we want, all intersecting, and entwining, and helping us enrich everything we came to SL looking for. 

It’s extraordinary. These aren’t houses or boats - they’re homes and it is a true community. We’re having some growing pains, but at the heart of it, well... that’s it. There’s heart. 

Thank YOU, Lyrical, for opening YOUR heart in such a beautiful way. Your name suits you well. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I am positive that I’m going to get my Lovely Linden home one day! And enjoy all that Bellisseria has to offer 😁👏👍

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

It’s extraordinary. These aren’t houses or boats - they’re homes and it is a true community. We’re having some growing pains, but at the heart of it, well... that’s it. There’s heart. 

That wasn't a post, that was poetry, pure and simple. ❤️

• Like 11

2 hours ago, LyricalBookworm said:

How has my Second Life changed since landing on Bellisseria?

My family was fortunate enough to get a traditional house on the first day of the initial release. We had a feeling they were going to be popular and go fast so we held onto our little home most thankfully. We consider ourselves very lucky to have gotten a home so those little things that weren't what we considered perfect became our new perfectly imperfect home and yard. It is a matter of home is where our hearts are and our hearts are together in that little house we've painstakingly decorated together. It is where our daughter plays and the house and yard are filled with her laughter. It is where our kittycats run all over the place and create havoc. It is where I get unconditional love and hugs. That house has become part of our family.

I'm also very shy to the point of timidity and becoming physically ill because of anxiety. This has changed since I've moved to Bellisseria. I bike ride around my neighborhood on my bicycle. Daily walks with my family to the community pool that overlook the ocean. Also, the creation and inspiration of Elfie and Minnie foxes came into existence here. Being Elfie has helped me to open up a bit more easily and I even find I'm responding so much more in at least this section of the forum. Elfie and Minnie have become huge fans of Hammy. ;) That is a huge change in me. I'm interacting with more people than I ever have before. I'm giving people a chance.

Bellisseria is so much more than I ever expected it to be. I'm beyond speechless much of the time how absolutely lovely it is. The people and atmosphere are wonderful.

The happiness I get as I look around are the people I see cycling or walking by outside my front door. It is in the individuality of my neighbors displayed in how they decorate their front and back garden. It is in the ocean that I can gently see ripple from boats and fish. It is in the beautiful large shady trees that Elfie and Minnie enjoy napping under. It is in the wildlife I'm so very fortunate to see around me and be part of. It is everything and everyone around me in my quiet existence that gently witnesses life happening in the Bellisseria community.

Sorry for the novel. Please excuse my long windedness.

Thank you Beth for such a beautiful topic. It is a nice break from the more sharped edged topics in the forum at present. ☺️

Wow. Beth wasn't kidding: your story really tugged at my heartstrings too. And I'm not even sure what made the deepest impression on me: that you are so courageous as to make yourself so vulnerable to speak so directly from your heart, or hearing about the wonderful, dare I say it, almost healing effects our Bellisseria community has had on you thus far. I am simply profoundly moved by both. 🤗

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I didn't take this awesome pic and don't know who did to give credit.

Obvioulsly Squishy did ;) See how her nametag is not the same operator colour as the other mole's?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Obvioulsly Suishy did ;) See how her nametag is not the same operator colour as the other mole's?

oh, good eyes!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I think that's a flamingo. She will need a different approach 😚

I second Zoya's observation, that is a flamingo and it looks like your approach may resemble the mating dance of the pelican.  Maybe flap your arms a little more to come closer to the flamingo.  😋

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, Armani223 said:

I am positive that I’m going to get my Lovely Linden home one day! And enjoy all that Bellisseria has to offer 😁👏👍

HUGS Armani!!  You certainly will and we can hardly wait to celebrate with you when you do!  You are welcome to come now!  Join a group or 10 😄 and come exploring and meet your neighbours and join in with others also waiting for their lovely new home.  The FUN is abundant and the surroundings are incredible! ✈️🚗 💃🏽🕺🏽🥰

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.