Bellisseria Fairgrounds

Owl Dragonash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While I have no intention of attempting to reserve the fairgrounds, I found this line (underlined below) fairly insulting. So we can be very active and community minded  Bellisserians but if we are not members of one of the Bellisseria groups == we simply don't rate as high?

Really?????

2121993006_bellisseriafairgroundsap.png.b28fa8fd702ad72e66809cbfbbf9f314.png

• Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, animats said:

Is that a LL thing? It's on some freebie Google system.

I was under the impression it was because it was in the issue of the Bellisserian newspaper that was released today, but it's been brought to my attention now that that is a make believe newspaper so now I'm not sure.

Hey @Patch Linden - Can you drop a little knowledge bomb on our heads? Is that the official site for reserving the fairgrounds?

• Like 4

While you wouldn't know it from the latest edition of the Bellisserian... The FIRST event that occurred at the Bellisseria Fairgrounds was our really fun 4th of July Event.  We had a fantastic event that day with some awesome music, and fireworks!

But I'm definitely looking forward to some future events there and excited to see other folks starting to get events on the calendar.

attached a photo of the area I helped build for it

[ Eva ] 4th of July_012.jpg

• Like 11

I wrote the article on the fairgrounds that appeared in today's issue of the Bellisserian. This is the 3rd article I have posted, each done working closely with Patch directly to make sure what is included is properly vetted. The article covers both topics of commercial activity in Bellisseria as well as providing a link to the new reservation form. I can assure you, as Mischievous as confirmed, that it is the real reservation form with the real set of rules for reserving spots at the fairgrounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Can we please disallow any events relating to RL politics?  Call me paranoid, but with the US's 2020 elections coming up ... the climate around those is shaping up to be absolutely toxic. 

Not only that, but those of us who feel strongly should maybe save our energies for RL action, not spend time on inworld rallies?

Though it would be tragically easy to build a trump baby balloon in SL.  Of course, those who wish to could always fly one from our individual parcel.  And pop it when we're feeling particularly rancorous.

>.>

See how quickly these things go south?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Can we please disallow any events relating to RL politics?  Call me paranoid, but with the US's 2020 elections coming up ... the climate around those is shaping up to be absolutely toxic. 

Not only that, but those of us who feel strongly should maybe save our energies for RL action, not spend time on inworld rallies?

Though it would be tragically easy to build a trump baby balloon in SL.  Of course, those who wish to could always fly one from our individual parcel.  And pop it when we're feeling particularly rancorous.

>.>

This was an approved event by the Lindens... it was a celebration of a country not of a particular party or politician.

And the Lindens even provided fireworks and came and partied with us. To my knowledge we had a number of folks that came to celebrate with us from other countries including our DJ.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Evangeline Ling said:

While you wouldn't know it from the latest edition of the Bellisserian... The FIRST event that occurred at the Bellisseria Fairgrounds was our really fun 4th of July Event.  We had a fantastic event that day with some awesome music, and fireworks!

But I'm definitely looking forward to some future events there and excited to see other folks starting to get events on the calendar.

attached a photo of the area I helped build for it

[ Eva ] 4th of July_012.jpg

I would've loved to take more photos of your lovely event, but Baphy & I left after a short while because people couldn't get into the area & we thought we should leave & make some space for others to enjoy it. The fireworks really look spectacular from the shots I've seen and I look forward to next year.

• Like 4

Is there a calendar made already showing when it has been officially booked?  

I’ve tried clicking the link on the page but nothing is opening?  (Maybe it’s because I’m using iPad and my fingers are cold)

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

I would've loved to take more photos of your lovely event, but Baphy & I left after a short while because people couldn't get into the area & we thought we should leave & make some space for others to enjoy it. The fireworks really look spectacular from the shots I've seen and I look forward to next year.

The issue in question (although somehow since my first mention of it the wording has slightly changed) when the current paper came out it first had the "Julyfest" listed as the 1st event at the fairgrounds when it was technically the 2nd.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

>.>

I would like one of those balloons, should they start appearing over parcels. ;)    But yeah, I hope there are no political/election events allowed. It would be a hot mess and no way would it end well. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Mischievious Mole said:

This is the official registration form for reserving events at the Bellisseria Fairgrounds. I am looking forward to working with all of you on your events!

Bellisseria Fairgrounds Event Registration

Read this on the registration:

List the Bellisseria groups you belong to. *
We want to support the community by encouraging Resident involvement in the Bellisseria groups. If you don't currently belong to any Bellisseria groups please list "none". Please note that preference for dates will be given to Bellisseria group members.

• Sad 2

• Administrators
10 hours ago, animats said:

Is that a LL thing? It's on some freebie Google system.

The Enterprise plan doesn't look very free to me:  https://gsuite.google.com/pricing.html

9 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was under the impression it was because it was in the issue of the Bellisserian newspaper that was released today, but it's been brought to my attention now that that is a make believe newspaper so now I'm not sure.

Hey @Patch Linden - Can you drop a little knowledge bomb on our heads? Is that the official site for reserving the fairgrounds?

Yes, this is the official registration form.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

>.>

I've been thinking about this and, while when I read this for the first time I agreed strongly, and I think I still do, but I'm not sure why any more.

I mean the fairgrounds are not part of Bellissaria proper.  They're offshore, connected to Bellissaria by the ferry, presumably precisely so that people can't be disturbed by any of the events going on there.    They shouldn't even be in anyone's draw distance unless they really it up.

So the objection can't be that residents of Bellissaria would be disturbed by the rally.     What is it?

The best reason I can come up with is that Bellissaria is supposed to be a friendly, welcoming and diverse SL community where people can relax, hang out with friends, have fun role playing, or exploring, or decorating, or boating or doing whatever they enjoy doing and generally not being confronted with first life concerns and hassles like politics, unless they want to be.

But is the knowledge that someone's holding an event some several regions away in support of a cause with which many people disagree enough to spoil Bellissaria for other people?   Seems rather intolerant, and also to lay the ground for some pretty difficult decisions that LL would probably want to avoid.    If  people can't organise political events on the fairgrounds, what is the status for campaigns like "Save the ..." which I've seen run in SL on behalf of several endangered species?    LL presumably don't want to get into fights with people who want to promote generally popular causes with which, if LL has a view on them, it probably sympathises.

I would still greatly prefer it if people didn't organise political events at the fairgrounds or anything else, but I'm no longer sure why that is.    

Can anyone help me?   

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.