Partnership

AlbertaRoseta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, AlbertaRoseta said:

I was wondering if it matters who and what you partner, also is there an age on partnership? Does it also matter how long you have been on SL in order to partner with someone?

no to all :) you can partner who you want, and at any age in SL
It's also not only meant for romantic partners... could also be business partners or any other meaning ( most see it as marriage thing.. but it originally it  isn't just that )

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AlbertaRoseta said:

I was wondering if it matters who and what you partner, also is there an age on partnership?

Depends. Are you both adults ? Not a problem.

Is any of two of you a minor ? Then the adult will be held responsable.

Are there places in SL that minors in RL should not be allowed to visit ? Yes, either in a seperate continent or in area marked as adult (A).

I guess you need common sense here. I believe there was an age-restriction on SL to register. Don' t know about limit there is now on age, but as far as I know the minor must at least have financial means to play this game financial creative expressionistic environment and be able to register. If you do that in name of the minor, again : you will be held liable in real life for anything happening.

2 hours ago, AlbertaRoseta said:

Does it also matter how long you have been on SL in order to partner with someone?

As long as you passed the first 30 days, I think not. Not sure if you can partner from -the-get-go.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Depends. Are you both adults ? Not a problem.

Is any of two of you a minor ? Then the adult will be held responsable.

As has already been mentioned, the 'partner' isn't a marriage certificate - even if it's commonly used as such within the SL community. It can be used for non-romantic/sexual partnerships, such as business ventures. There are no rules about having to be an adult to be part of a partnership. Its original intention was to work as a two-person group, allowing land to be shared and such - though these plans were scrapped before implementation.

If you don't know the answer to a question, it might be prudent to interject an 'I think that [...]' or the like, rather than bulletpointing your idea of what it means as if it was an excerpt of the TOS. The actual facts can be found here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

There are no rules about having to be an adult to be part of a partnership.

If you don't know the answer to a question, it might be prudent to interject an 'I think that [...]' or the like, rather than bulletpointing your idea of what it means as if it was an excerpt of the TOS.

The OP asked 'if it mattered'. That' s not about rules, but personal morals and consequences as well.

To the OP I posed my pov. And that' s indeed subjective and as easily rejectable. No doubt on my end about that.

I'm happy your misunderstanding of my answer at least supplied the OP with a link to basic information.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 3

She didn't ask for your opinion on romantic partnership.  She asked " if it matters who and what you partner, also is there an age on partnership? Does it also matter how long you have been on SL in order to partner with someone? "

Since partnership is not for the exclusive use of romantic partners, the answer is simply, no.  You can partner anyone, including yourself.  There is no age restriction; no RL age, RP age or account age restrictions. Other than the "what" -- since you must partner with an account and not an object -- the answer is "No."  Whether or not that offends you was never the question.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Whether or not that offends you was never the question.

I never answered the OP feeling offended . One could say my approach is over-cautious, but I'm also not Judge Dredd.

And afaik I don' t ' need'  your opinion as well yet it' s here.

11 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

And it doesn't

Well I for one wasn't totally sure if the OP was looking for the rules, or opinions about what matters to individual people.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.