operationhammerman

Rolling SL Crime Log

LL should clamp down more, or give its blessing to the formation of a new SLPD. I'm here if anyone from the Lab wants to discuss further.

July 15 - 2am SLT - sniper in sandbox, dressed as Cl.Sanders, shooting at people with orbit gun.

July 15 - 8pm SLT - girl at Hyannis Swamp offers me copybotted items for 100L

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, operationhammerman said:

LL should clamp down more, or give its blessing to the formation of a new SLPD. I'm here if anyone from the Lab wants to discuss further.

July 15 - 2am SLT - sniper in sandbox, dressed as Cl.Sanders, shooting at people with orbit gun.

July 15 - all day - Invasion of forum trolls

Or maybe they need hunters for trolls, not really police work I guess

• Like 5

If you are talking about an SL users version of SLPD..We already had one of those ,and a justice league and other groups that turned into power hungry greifer and security risks to SL users.

I would think and I hope LL learned from that past.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was there ever an official LL blessing to any of these SLPD Justice League Mall Cop wannabes? I thought they all operated without mandate, especially if they took any measures beyond writing ARs.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Was there ever an official LL blessing to any of these SLPD Justice League Mall Cop wannabes? I thought they all operated without mandate, especially if they took any measures beyond writing ARs.

No,nothing Official and not from LL the company themselves..Just a worker bee here and there..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Was there ever an official LL blessing to any of these SLPD Justice League Mall Cop wannabes?

Absolutely not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, operationhammerman said:

HA .. Not a rats chance.

There have been Linden-Resident governance initiatives in the past, and they ALWAYS end utterly corrupt with a rash of bans. Seems, given the opportunity and a ready ear, people will construct quite elaborate lies to get a Linden to perma ban someone they don't like.

• Like 3

I’m picturing Barney Fife with that “one bullet” which he will never use, but if he needed to, he’d only need the one bullet.

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

There have been Linden-Resident governance initiatives in the past

Goodness, that passed me by.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, operationhammerman said:

NO!

We don't need more zFire Xues or JLUs.

fryingpan.gif.8edb9245063f2aa4611e3d28dc5e298c.gif

• Like 5

You know that there is a specific subforum for role play, right?

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/320-role-play/

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Goodness, that passed me by.

Unless there's some shining example I've missed in my own time .... there were never any Linden-User initiatives where Governance has been concerned.

Groups that eventually had a Linden keeping an eye on them (to keep them in line or attempt to), sure.

Now if there's some glaring example I managed to miss ... I am sure someone will chime in with an actual group/initiative name.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2

To my knowledge there never was.

LL Has all the logs they need to take decisions, and all users can file an abuse report, what would be the point?

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Like 2

sniper in sandbox, dressed as Cl.Sanders, shooting at people with orbit gun.

Yet another example of what makes SL so appealing to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yet another example of what makes SL so appealing to me.

I love when a griefer takes the time to put thought into their outfit..

I remember this one at a club I used to run with someone else called Timeless.. This griefer  made an avatar out of mega prims and had this hand come into the club from one side and peeked his head in from the ceiling..

I was so impressed that I had to just sit there and look at it for awhile..Then the other person running the club with me booted them..

I just love when they take the time to care about appearance.. hehehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, onetimethurman said:

Where does one apply to be  an officer of the law on SL?

There are two options.

You can either work for them or buy a sim and be the lord of that land..hehehe

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I love when a griefer takes the time to put thought into their outfit..

I remember this one at a club I used to run with someone else called Timeless.. This griefer  made an avatar out of mega prims and had this hand come into the club from one side and peeked his head in from the ceiling..

I was so impressed that I had to just sit there and look at it for awhile..Then the other person running the club with me booted them..

I just love when they take the time to care about appearance.. hehehehe

You've obviously run across a much better class of griefer than I tend to. For most of the ones I've met, it wasn't the prims that were "mega."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You've obviously run across a much better class of griefer than I tend to. For most of the ones I've met, it wasn't the prims that were "mega."

This was just a specific type I came across..

There are not many I haven't dealt with,from single user, to groups that claim to be the good guys,to those that just want you to know they are the bad guys and here,and then there are the perves..lol

there are a lot more,but those are the ones that stick out the most..

Nowadays,I don't see too many though..I keep to my evil lair and shopping places..hehehehe

• Like 1

A lot of people labeled as "griefers" usually aren't, they just have a sense of "fun" that you disagree with.

• Like 1