Sign in to follow this  
momomoonusagi

Small RP group, anyone?

Heyo!

I'm looking to find a small group, maybe four or five others, to RP with (preferably text-based-focus RP).

I'd love to be a part of, in a sense, something like a "regular D&D group" where maybe once a week, at least, we all just meet together at some agreed time to RP in whatever agreed setting and story we come up with.

I don't have any particular RP-specific genre in mind; I don't have a story to start with; and I don't actually have an RP sim I'm currently visiting (nor do I own one)--I'm hoping these topics and others can be discussed, researched, and agreed on with whatever group I might find. So, I'm hoping that the people who become a part of this will be open to the idea of starting, possibly, from scratch--or proposing as a suggestion wherever it is they're RPing to see if it sparks any interest in the others in the group.

But if the group decided to start from scratch, we would all pick a theme and just brainstorm from there. We'd decide our characters, find somewhere for our setting (be it sim hopping, or building small scenes if any of us have spare land to use), and basically just develop everything together until we agreed we were all ready to start. And then we'd all push through that awkward, first phase of RP where we're still trying to probably feel out our characters and everything we had come up with and, hopefully, have a good time just...RPing. It might mean we play NPCs if they're necessary, and it could mean a few of us have alt-characters if we need them; just whatever we as a group decide we need to do to have fun.

Anyway!

If there are enough peeps interested, I'll gladly make an in world group and invite everyone so we have an easy way to talk to one another. Please feel free to IM me in world with questions or just to say hello and get to know me! 💛

I might be interested. I'm concerned about my timezone though, being SLT+9 ...

Oh yeah, timezoooonnneees.

Damn.

I:

I forgot about those. xD

I'm +2 SL; but, I'm personally willing to try and work with any other timezone. I'm more flexible with my time on the weekends more so than weekdays. ><

Unless they decide to change my schedule this year, I'll be off after lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays!

... ... So uh, 3 am SLT. Yeah, I think weekends would be my most flexible days as well.

Posted (edited)

This sounds interesting.  I do have some land for use, on a platform.  I'm SLT +8 though, and well past the days when I'd stay up until 2 or 3 am for anything.  I also don't engage in sex or nudity, though I imagine you haven't got that in mind anyway. :)

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Botheration, pesky emojis.

@Orwar

Damn. @_@

Well, one other person has shown interest so far, and they're UK time. n_n Soooo, we'll all just see what we can do! 💛

I guess I should go ahead and make a group then, never hurts to just start rambling! I'll shoot you an invite. ^^

-------------------------

@Garnet Psaltery

Heyo! ^^ Yaaaaay! More 3AM'ers!

And no worries; I don't engage in that stuff either! I for sure did not have that in mind. xD

My characters actually don't get romantically involved at all (well, except with my wife's characters if she RPs and we don't make characters that just downright despise each other. But, even then then, we don't do all them pixel bumpings. XD )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, momomoonusagi said:

Well, one other person has shown interest so far, and they're UK time

Well in that case, it would seem that it's time for you to consider the benefits of moving to the 'old world', hm? 😃

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Well in that case, it would seem that it's time for you to consider the benefits of moving to the 'old world', hm? 😃

XD Apparently!

-------------------

Also, we need a group name, guys. I:

I would say "leave it to me!" but the term "kawaii" would probably get inserted into the name somewhere. >_>

4 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

Also, we need a group name, guys. I:

I would say "leave it to me!" but the term "kawaii" would probably get inserted into the name somewhere. >_>

It's bedtime for me so I'll have to sleep on it. :) 

I made one. @_@

I refrained from using "Kawaii" as well. n.n; Don't want to scare anyone off with my favorite word or nuthin'.

--------------------------------

So, so far that's 3 people who've shown interest. ^^ For sure still open for those who'd like to join and maybe chat with everyone (when we're all here. XD ) to see how it goes. ^^

Sounds fun - I'd be interested - but I must add my online hours/days are very erratic. Usually after 12am SLT when I do get on.

5 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I woke up to an amusing group name.  I like it. :) 

Yay! XD

5 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

Sounds fun - I'd be interested - but I must add my online hours/days are very erratic. Usually after 12am SLT when I do get on.

No worries. ^^ we're all apparently a little oddly timed ourselves. I'll send you a group invite when I get online later today and, probably our first step as a group will be trying to figure out good times for everyone. n_n 

Once a meeting time is established we can all start getting into the fun discussion about what we all wanna RP. 83

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Actually, once I invite Akane, I think the group's good and has reached its max for now with 5 to 6 peeps. ♡ if there are others still interested, feel free to IM me in world and say hullo anyway!

I'd like to keep the group at 6 peeps total, and since there isn't any real specific way to go about this, those who are in the group may find after some discussion that it doesn't work for them (but hopefully it works for everyone involved!) and may decide to leave, in which case the group will be opened up again.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by momomoonusagi

Heyo, errybody! ^^

My little group and I have decided to open this back up again. 💛 We'll be hoping to welcome 4 more people for a decided total of 10 players vs the original cap of 6.

We already have a small story in the works and some space to build some scenes for our little RP we've all decided on!

Our meeting time: Sunday-10 or 11AM SLT to about 1-2PM SLT. Theme: Steampunk with some potential for low-fantasy tied in.

If you have any questions, please feel free to IM me in world! If I'm online, I'm always available for a chat! And I'll gladly invite you to the group we have so you can meet the others and talk stuff out with all of us. ^^

Thanks!

There are, @usedcars, and my group and I have ran through a few suggestions with each other. ^^ we ultimately decided on  I believe one place to use if we wanted to, but for the most part we all opted into just making our own scenes together. It's been fun building and organizing the space as a team. ♡

I'm def open to suggestions tho for places to visit that fit the theme we're using, if you have any!

• Like 1

I hope I'm not too late to sign up for this. I'm SLT +3 and the idea sounds very interesting! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pinkpatrol said:

I hope I'm not too late to sign up for this. I'm SLT +3 and the idea sounds very interesting! 

You're not! We're still looking to invite some members in! ♡ I'll send you an IM when I log in next; catch you up on things; and just talk with ya about it all! 

Thanks for showing interest!

I just wanted to give a little update to this:

We're still open for peeps. ♡

The meeting time has sort of defaulted mostly to Sundays at 10AM SLT to around 12PM SLT.

We have something of a storyline and direction to get us all going and have been hard pressed on getting character thoughts together as well as scenes built up. A few LMs have been suggested too for some sim hopping when our scenes don't fit. ♡

The theme has shifted into containing some variants of sci-fi, steampunkish, with the open availability to low-fantasy and magic. A good reference to the direct left it's started to take might be something of an oddball child between Firefly the TV series and the table top game Warhammer 40K with an ode to Rogue Trader, maybe? 

We still strive to be mostly text-based-focused RP, but we have a potential dice system waiting to be tested and in the work for combat for funsies. ♡

On top of an inworld group, we also have a discord available and both are updated closely together so that everyone stays in the loop.

If you're curious, lemme know!

((My IMs are always open and my preferred way to be contacted, but, whatevs is easier. ♡))