tiggy3

Tiggy3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why am i not being allowed to change my password?

i did everything you suggested, the password was identified as being strong i hit save, and all i get is an error message, unable to complete request. iv tried several times for a couple of days

Edited by Tiggy3

5 answers to this question

I have no idea.  You should be able to log in with your current password and go to Account >>> Change Password and see this page

9f6ee23297adecf340fc2606f31eb92c.png

Assuming that you type the correct current password and do not have your Caps Lock key down, you should be able to simply supply a new password, confirm it, and then hit "Save Changes".  Notice the important comment that "Weak passwords are not allowed".  That means that the system will reject a password like "12345" or "My Password" or "P@ssw0rd".  You really need to come up with something more imaginative and harder to guess, like "D%398&xu7".  If you think you'll have a hard time remembering that, or if you are not using a password system like Last Pass that does it for you, yiu can still try something like "@BitB3tter$38", which is relatively easy to remember but hard to guess.

Edited by Rolig Loon

i did everything you suggested, the password was identified as being strong i hit save, and all i get is an error message, unable to complete request. iv tried several times for a couple of days

Contact Linden Lab support, they can fix this: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

One cause of this problem happens if a Linden hijacked your account in a certain way for testing/fixing something.  It happened to me once when my Aditi account was hijacked by LL & then released & it broke my ability to change password.  Support fixed it quickly.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

9f6ee23297adecf340fc2606f31eb92c.png

(Rolig sorry for using you pic :)  )

it also can be the autofill of your current password isn't the one that is stored.
perhaps try putting it in manually before you hit save.

( i have that happen sometimes when i used a alt account before)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.