How much extra land I can have for 22USD tier under these circumstances?

MeshPromo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have 4096sqm parcel and deeded for the group-A.

Another 1024sqm parcel deeded for the group-B.

The extra lands I can have, will be deeded for the group-B as there are some lands for sale in the same sim.

So how much extra land I can deed for the group-B, within 22USD tier?

Thanks a lot for any useful answer.

Well your 4096 IS what you can have with $22 US a month. You have a small amount (I think it is a 400 sq meter lot) that could be used by THAT group.

Your 1024 is your "free tier lot" (in my scenario anyway) and it comes with really not enough to mater so far as the extra "free tier" from group but it will need to be used by THAT group.  

I M not a star pupil on this group land thing but I have that same set up so I am familiar with it. :D

EDIT: In case you don't understand, there is no middle ground between tier levels. See the land fees chart in your web backend. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

45 minutes ago, MeshPromo said:

I have 4096sqm parcel and deeded for the group-A.

Another 1024sqm parcel deeded for the group-B.

The extra lands I can have,

22usd = 4096 + your own 1024
so the extra you can have is nothing in the current setting because your 10% for group use is already in those two groups.
IF the groups have both free tier ( you can see that in the form of "availble land" you can take parts of your  4096 and 1024 donation out, and use that as extra land.

If my arithmetic is to be trusted (dubious), I think the answer is 464 sq.m.

• The 10% group bonus means the 4096 can be supported by 3724 sq.m. tier, leaving 372 sq.m. to spare in your account
  • Similarly, the 1024 needs only 931 sq.m. tier, leaving 93 sq.m. to spare
  • The total 465 sq.m. (372 + 93) isn't quite an integer multiple of 16, the 4x4 m "quantum" of land, but 464 is.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

If my arithmetic is to be trusted (dubious),

It's a little bit more and it turns out to be a very interesting question.

Deed 3724 m2 to Group A and 1396 m2 to group B.

That means you have 511.6 m2 to spare for group B. Is that rounded up to 512 or down to 511? I don't know and it may be rather important. I think we'll have to ask a Linden. @Dakota Linden usually knows everything but maybe this is more @Dee Linden's field.

Edit: The error in Qie's calculation is that he forgot to add the 10% group bonus to the 464 m2 "spare" tier.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

It's a little bit more and it turns out to be a very interesting question.

Deed 3724 m2 to Group A and 1396 m2 to group B.

That means you have 511.6 m2 to spare for group B. Is that rounded up to 512 or down to 511? I don't know and it may be rather important. I think we'll have to ask a Linden. @Dakota Linden usually knows everything but maybe this is more @Dee Linden's field.

Edit: The error in Qie's calculation is that he forgot to add the 10% group bonus to the 464 m2 "spare" tier.

i  slightly disagree  :) .. i think..i'm right in this...or could be not :)

Qie's calculation is corect i think... ... the group 10% is only added as soon it's donated, and the free sqm before as donation is that 464 .. the available land that shows in the group is the 511/512

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

My calculation was wrong, but for the wrong reasons, which doesn't quite make it right. :$

ChinRey is correct in that the OP could donate 1396 to group B, covering up to 1535.6 with group bonus, which is 511.6 more than the 1024 it's got now.

The tricky bit here is that the OP asked "how much extra land I can deed for the group-B" (emphasis mine), which taken literally would mean it would need to be owned as an individual and then deeded, and my 464 would be accidentally correct as the maximum that could be owned that way and then deeded.

But of course the right way to do it is to donate all the tier first as in ChinRey's calculation, and then use "Buy for group" to grab as much as possible with the group bonus applied to it all.

So, pending what Lindens say about rounding v truncating, the additional sq meters group B could actually own may be 512 or (more likely?) 496, the largest integer multiple of 16 smaller than 511.6.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

The tricky bit here is that the OP asked "how much extra land I can deed for the group-B" (emphasis mine), which taken literally would mean it would need to be owned as an individual and then deeded, and my 464 would be accidentally correct as the maximum that could be owned that way and then deeded.

I didn't think of that. Yes, it actually the answer if you take the question literally. ;)

But of course the right way to do it is to donate all the tier first as in ChinRey's calculation, and then use "Buy for group" to grab as much as possible with the group bonus applied to it all.

There's also the group tier grace time. You are allowed to keep a group under-tiered for a little while. I don't remember if it's 24 or 48 hours but in any case, it's more than enough to transfer some of tier back to your account, purchase land and deed both tier and land to groups. That's the way's I've usually done it.

So, pending what Lindens say about rounding v truncating, the additional sq meters group B could actually own may be 512 or (more likely?) 496, the largest integer multiple of 16 smaller than 511.6.

I really hope some Linden sees this and replies. The difference between 496m2 and 512 m2 effective tier is of couse rather significant.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

is an interesting problem this

stepping thru it

1) How much bonus land can we buy for 5120 tiers?  5120 + 10% (512) = 5632sqm

2) How to calculate the tier price of bonus land?  Formula: Sqm / 110 * 100

5632 / 110 * 100 = 5120 tier

3) How to split this evenly between 2 groups as:

4096 / 110 * 100 = 3,723.636. Rounded up: 3724
1536 / 110 * 100 = 1,396.363. Rounded up: 1397

3724 + 1397 = 5,121. We are 1 tier over which will put us up to the next level

4) To avoid this. What is the closest number to 4096 which doesn't invoke rounding ? 4048

4048 / 110 * 100 = 3680 even

5120 - 3680 = 1440

1440 * 10% (144) = 1584

1584 / 16sqm = 99 even

5) Summary

Group A owns 4048sqm for a cost of 3680 tiers
Group B owns 1584sqm for a cost of 1440 tiers

4048 + 1584 = 5632
3680 + 1440 = 5120

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChinRey said:

There's also the group tier grace time.

I guess one could use this grace time to "borrow" 1396 sq.m. tier from a group and donate it to a hypothetical Group B and see how much available land results.

(Or one could save a step and withdraw all but 1396 sq.m. from a group and see how much covered land it has left.)

I bet the result would be 1535, not 1536. Which would be a most unfortunate rounding down because:

• we're at 15.6 of a 16 sq.m. quantum: 97.5%, and
  • 1536 is exactly three 512s, and 511.6 is over 99.9% of a 512

Or a fellow Mainlander might have one spare sq.m. for a good home.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I bet the result would be 1535, not 1536.

Don't do that!

I got one of my alts to withdraw a few square metters from my group to get a point-5 number.

154,085 m2 donated tier gives 169,493.5 m2 with the bonus. That is rounded up to 169,494:

image.png.0197f9278a5abc8a1833f2b0cc6211fd.png

At least it is according to FIrestorm. The numbers on the website hasn't been updated yet and I suppose that's what really matters. I don't belive there is a difference though.

So the answer to the OP is that you Group B can have 512 m2 more land if you do it the right way.

However, look at the max tier in the screenshot: 1023 m2 for a premium member. That may mean you'll have to make sure you fill Group A with 3724 m2 first or you'll be 1 m2 short for Group B.

16 hours ago, ChinRey said:

There's also the group tier grace time. You are allowed to keep a group under-tiered for a little while. I don't remember if it's 24 or 48 hours...

Correcting myself, the grace time is actually 7 days. :)

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Groups_and_Land

Btw, this is the first time I've made money from replying on the forums. It turns out the latest changes in the tier ladder means I can save 23 dollars a month by redistributing tier between my alts. I didn't know that before I checked the figures for this post. Yay!

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give the details since LL is a bit reluctant to publish prices for tiers above afull region but anybody who has full sim tier(s) on one alt and more than 1/8 sim on another should check their land fees.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.