Derendering Full Brite Mega Prim With Second Life Viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My neighbor put up a full brite mega prim on the edge of his property line that he created and named a "Spite Wall". It's 4 prims back to back, transparent on his side. I was able to derender it with the Firestorm viewer. Can I do something similar with the Second Life viewer? All I could do was block all 4 prims of the object but it's still there. I use both viewers and prefer the SL viewer so I'd like to hide the Spite Wall if I can.

AHoleSLNeighbor1.PNG

• Sad 2

Report it - the fact that they even called it "spite wall" might help you in getting it removed with an Abuse Report. Just fill in as much detail as possible. No, sadly SL viewer cannot blacklist rendered objects.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 8

No need to derender it, this type of toxic behavior is against the Term of Service.

Β 

But on a side not it might be worth opening dialog with your neighbor and figure out an arrangement to tolerate eachothers. Most Neighbor grievances originate inΒ  a misunderstanding.

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and get a AR yourself ..

Not at all.

The proper way to put up a parcel border wall, if you simply must do it, is to make it phantom, and transparent on the OUTSIDE.Β  This way, it shields you from the ugly crap next door, but does not inconvenience the neighbors (much as we might like to retaliate!).Β  If you do it this way, it's not actionable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lynnette Weston said:

Not at all.

The proper way to put up a parcel border wall, if you simply must do it, is to make it phantom, and transparent on the OUTSIDE.Β  This way, it shields you from the ugly crap next door, but does not inconvenience the neighbors (much as we might like to retaliate!).Β  If you do it this way, it's not actionable.

Stop that.Β  I'm the one who gets to give advice.Β  You're just an ignorant alt.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Lynnette Weston said:

Not at all.

Oh yeah, after all those giant privacy screens only inconvenience the neighbors on the OTHER side of your parcel.

30 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Oh yeah, after all those giant privacy screens only inconvenience the neighbors on the OTHER side of your parcel.

Nothing's perfect!Β  As a matter of fact, I hate privacy screens.Β  If I must screen a neighbor, I'll use trees and other plantings, if I can.Β  But the OP is looking for a way to hide the "spite fence" their neighbor put up.

53 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

once one person on a region puts up a privacy break of some kind, everyone else feels obligated to do the same, and gradually they just get higher and higher.

I surrounded a parcel with a 64x64 wall that went from ground to 4128 meters once ... for fun on my own region. I hope something like that wouldn't happen on mainland, at least not often. Could be an opportunity for a new product ...

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I surrounded a parcel with a 64x64 wall that went from ground to 4128 meters once ... for fun on my own region. I hope something like that wouldn't happen on mainland, at least not often. Could be an opportunity for a new product ...

done well that can work

i sometimes think about building the 4160m tall Tower of Falling Happiness on my tiny mainland parcel, with a sit elevator in it. When it reaches the top (4095.99) it unsits you and no parachute

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Lynnette Weston said:

Not at all.

The proper way to put up a parcel border wall, if you simply must do it, is to make it phantom, and transparent on the OUTSIDE.Β  This ο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώway, it shields you from the ugly crap next door, but does not inconvenience the neighbors (much as we might like to retaliate!).Β  If you do it this way, it's not actionable.

Does not work. Because to not see your wall from the outside you need to make it invisible from all sides. If you look true the invisible wall to other side you will see a wall if not invisible at the inside.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mollymews said:

done well that can work

i sometimes think about building the 4160m tall Tower of Falling Happiness on my tiny mainland parcel, with a sit elevator in it. When it reaches the top (4095.99) it unsits you and no parachute

/me digs in inventory for my bestestmost parachute dress specifically chosen for its graceful and appealing poof during free fall. All ready :D

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Richardus Raymaker said:

Does not work. Because to not see your wall from the outside you need to make it invisible from all sides. If you look true the invisible wall to other side you will see a wall if not invisible at the inside.

This isn't true, for the benefit of anyone reading this thread.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

This isn't true, for the benefit of anyone reading this thread.

Yes it is. If I live next door to you and I build four walls surrounding my property, transparent on the outside and with a pretty forest scene on the inside, you, from your property, will not see my wall that is closest to you. But you will be able to see through it and see everything else, including the inside of the screen wall on the opposite side.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Yes it is. If I live next door to you and I build four walls surrounding my property, transparent on the outside and with a pretty forest scene on the inside, you, from your property, will not see my wall that is closest to you. But you will be able to see through it and see everything else, including the inside of the screen wall on the opposite side.

Yes, but If you need to take the opposite side of your parcel into account, you could also argue that the house you put up also might be an offense to your neighbour's view. As far as I am concerned, my neighbours do not get to complain about the sides of myΒ parcel they are not neighbouring to.

How prevalent, really, are privacy screens anymore? They used to be everywhere, but I hardly ever see them now, even on the mainland (which is where I make my own home).

There are so many other, better options available now. Screens and walls seem very 2009 to me.

33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

How prevalent, really, are privacy screens anymore? They used to be everywhere, but I hardly ever see them now, even on the mainland (which is where I make my own home).

There are so many other, better options available now. Screens and walls seem very 2009 to me.

They are all over the bloody place, darn it.Β  You're lucky you live in a screen-free area.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

They are all over the bloody place, darn it.Β  You're lucky you live in a screen-free area.

Could be.

I am -- literally, as I write this -- scootering along Route 12 on Nautilus. I'm not noticing privacy walls, but I AM seeing a whole lot of ugly.

Maybe screens aren't always such a bad thing . . .

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Skyboxes usually are surrounded by a privacy screen.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.