Live music or Djing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Gadget Portal said:

That's how I read it, too. That or maybe the SL parcel owner. 

In the Netherlands and think most countries, the one that broadcasts the music is responsible, not the stream or parcelowner. Every streamprovider will state you only can use it for legal material. A landowner in sl is nothing more than a listener.

About the landowner, this is often confused with a real club, that has a actual place in rl, these cán pay the licences and royalties for the music , big difference is that those aren't broadcasting, and are no internet radio station.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 12:55 AM, Drayke Newall said:

As far as I am aware no one in SL has had any action taken against them for this from Labs or any stream host.

Which is really the crux of the question, because one person at least has been running around saying Linden Labs fined him $500 and made him shut down his venue because a DJ was playing *live music* when they said the music venue wasn't registered to play live music.

I have had my question(s) clarified by an ex radio DJ (or 2) who also stream into SL and I won my little tet-a-tet with the club owner, who had his staff telling the likes me they wweren't allowed to play live recordings - he backed down and changed his club ruling *smiles*

2 hours ago, Reba Tedeschi said:

Which is really the crux of the question, because one person at least has been running around saying Linden Labs fined him $500 and made him shut down his venue because a DJ was playing *live music* when they said the music venue wasn't registered to play live music.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but, as a former live music venue owner/operator, that is a flat out lie. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.