i cant log on

JewelSongs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, JewelSongs said:

Ive been trying to log on for a while and nothing, cleared the cache, tried different locations and nothing, can someone help me?

its my alt  Angelik Adjani

what do you mean by "nothing"  what message do you get?

14 minutes ago, ima Asamoah said:

the message is : log in failed, secondlife connot be acessed from this computer !

Sounds like Linden Lab has locked you out.   Did you do something "bad"?   Normally there are messages telling you you have been bad.   If your alt can't log into the forums then it has nothing to do with the viewer or your computer, but with something "they" did. 

• Thanks 1

Jewel, if you can, try logging in from a different machine.  If that works, it's possible that LL has issued a hashtag ban against your computer.  This is the most serious and permanent form of banning.  It's only imposed for really serious and persistent violations of the Terms of Service.  Also, try logging in with your alt, from your current machine.  If that works, it isn't a hashtag ban; those affect ALL users and all accounts on a specific machine.

You could also try logging in through a virtual private network (VPN).  This will assign a different public IP address.  If this is successful, it's possible that LL issued an IP ban, a somewhat less stringent form of banning.  It could still mean that your account was used to commit serious violations, but it's also possible that you were caught up by mistake in an action to ban another offender.

In either case, check your emails, including your spam folder, for official notices from Linden Lab.  Whether you find them or not, you can file a support case to find out more about why your account was banned.  If you feel it was in error, you can appeal.

• Thanks 1

And if you have been banned, don't try making alt accounts to get back into SL.  The TOS says:

3.4 Other Eligibility Requirements for Use of the Service.

You may not use the Service (i) if you have been terminated from the Service by Linden Lab (including, for avoidance of doubt, if any Account of yours has been terminated); or (ii) at any time if you are a person barred from receiving the Service under applicable law.

If you violate that section of the TOS too, your chances of having a successful appeal will just go down the tubes.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.