Jump to content

I got a weird offline message oO


Gwin LeShelle
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Quote

[9:06] Second Life: Access settings on your parcel named '~*Spellground*~' in 'Palmer Lake' have been forced to public by an Estate Manager.

what does that mean? and it was public before already, I mean no banlines etc ^^ anyone else gotten this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

what does that mean? and it was public before already, I mean no banlines etc ^^ anyone else gotten this?

I don't know why. Maybe reported because an orb settings are not compliant with the covenant.

Do you have an orb? Orbs who send ppl home (Instead of sending them to the nearest public ground) are not allowed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't! I have the linden security thingy! And when I came online nothing in the settings in my parcel details looked different than before oO

7 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't know why. Maybe reported because an orb settings are not compliant with the covenant.

Do you have an orb? Orbs who send ppl home (Instead of sending them to the nearest public ground) are not allowed.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gwin LeShelle said:

I don't! I have the linden security thingy! And when I came online nothing in the settings in my parcel details looked different than before oO

 

Then I would forget about it. Maybe some technical error, you got the message another one should have.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

what does that mean? and it was public before already, I mean no banlines etc ^^ anyone else gotten this?

I’ve had that message off and on since I first got our houseboat even after it was set to public and I’ve never used the LH security.

iassumed they were just resting something and did nothing.  Everything seems to work fine on our land

i got ours on the first day and this is the original message that I received when all homes were set to public. Mine had been set to group before that 🙂 

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

 

i got ours on the first day and this is the original message that I received when all homes were set to public. Mine had been set to group before that 🙂 

I have had my linden homes always on group which doesn't mean it isn't public!!

You need to set it to group when you live together with people there that want to be able to set home there too :D

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Morena Tully said:

There's a difference to setting land to group and setting to group access.. group access would have the ban lines, setting to group is not access, it's just giving rights to rez or whatever.

Yep exactly! I never used banlines ^^

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lillith Hapmouche said:

If your settings were correct before, perhaps you only got the message because those settings got applied estate-wide. Not just on your plot.

Just guessing by the "Estate Manager" clue in the quoted message, at least.

911133be647ac721b6420bb701629c28.png

INDEED I can not remember that tab being like that before, wit the limited choice note I mean maybe they just disable that tab comepletey since some people didn't get the hint of NO BANLINES xD

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I have had my linden homes always on group which doesn't mean it isn't public!!

You need to set it to group when you live together with people there that want to be able to set home there too :D

I think now you add them on the Access list inside your house or houseboat?  It’s been a while since I did ours, but both of us can open the doors and also change the textures doing it this way.  All objects you Rez in the land will be be in the name of the group you wear when you Rez them but you can change them to any group using the Edit menu 😁 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BJoyful said:

I think now you add them on the Access list inside your house or houseboat?  It’s been a while since I did ours, but both of us can open the doors and also change the textures doing it this way.  All objects you Rez in the land will be be in the name of the group you wear when you Rez them but you can change them to any group using the Edit menu 😁 

NO! you need to add theme there TOO when you want them to access your HOUSE settings, but to let them set their HOMEpoint (for logging in etc) there you will need to set the land to a group! ❤️

Which has NOTHING to do with group access ONLY, its not restricted from accessing the land for anyone else, its just that those people can't set home their etc.

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

911133be647ac721b6420bb701629c28.png

INDEED I can not remember that tab being like that before, wit the limited choice note I mean maybe they just disable that tab comepletey since some people didn't get the hint of NO BANLINES xD

I think that is why for sure!  Not all people read the covenant I guess, so that change to the access page makes sure there are no ban lines possible 🥰

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

911133be647ac721b6420bb701629c28.png

INDEED I can not remember that tab being like that before, wit the limited choice note I mean maybe they just disable that tab comepletey since some people didn't get the hint of NO BANLINES xD

LL did that fairly early on after the initial release of Bellisseria to blanket ban, ban lines then after that bought out their own security devices people could use. You can still add people to the ban list. The access tab for Bellisseria is no different to access tab abilities I've been given on my mainland rental so those limitations on my Bellisseria plot don't phase me 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

NO! you need to add theme there TOO when you want them to access your HOUSE settings, but to let them set their HOMEpoint (for logging in etc) there you will need to set the land to a group! ❤️

I’ve never checked if both of us can set Home at the Houseboat, but we have it set to Anyone can Rez, Anyone can use Scripts and a 1 hour Object Return and just both of us can use doors and the textures, but I’m pretty sure the Houseboat can’t be set to Group Only.  I think my access page still has Group plus Anyone checked, but however the access tab was when I got it and set it up, I can’t change it now, as it’s all greyed out except for the Ban Add box 💗 

it has been a while since I got that message, but I’m sure it was quite a few times after the access page was mostly greyed out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is that it is to discourage community homes - could be that the new policy is that if you want provide a home for others you might have moved beyond the needs of a Linden Home - similarily for people with more than one account it somehow assures that it is indeed the home of the alt account and not a scondary home of the main account.

Who knows what kind of abuse triggered this behavior.

On the plus side that change might free up some houses...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

what does that mean? and it was public before already, I mean no banlines etc ^^ anyone else gotten this?

It's a spurious system message that I thought I'd seen the end of. I, and a number of others were getting these messages back in April, and Patch looked into it and got them stopped. Unfortunately I too received one last night for the first time since it was fixed. It has nothing to do with your land settings as they cannot be changed anyway, it's just some legacy from when the restrictions to access change were put in place.

@Patch Linden can you fix this for us again please? :D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

It's a spurious system message that I thought I'd seen the end of. I, and a number of others were getting these messages back in April, and Patch looked into it and got them stopped. Unfortunately I too received one last night for the first time since it was fixed. It has nothing to do with your land settings as they cannot be changed anyway, it's just some legacy from when the restrictions to access change were put in place.

@Patch Linden can you fix this for us again please? :D

Mystery solved yay ❤️  I love this forum xD❤️ thank you all!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I saw your pinkish pictures I got worried and went inworld (though difficult with my netbook) to check.

Mine looks quite the same as allways (must be your viewer that makes them pink) and there have been no alterations!

On the first page I set the land to my family group but on the last page "access" it is public access - I didn't touch that. So THAT ....

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

My guess is that it is to discourage community homes - could be that the new policy is that if you want provide a home for others you might have moved beyond the needs of a Linden Home - similarily for people with more than one account it somehow assures that it is indeed the home of the alt account and not a scondary home of the main account.

Who knows what kind of abuse triggered this behavior.

On the plus side that change might free up some houses...

is obviously NOT the fact! ... good !!!! :)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

[9:06] Second Life: Access settings on your parcel named '~*Spellground*~' in 'Palmer Lake' have been forced to public by an Estate Manager.

That message will be automatically sent to all parcel owners on the region when an estate owner/estate manager unticks this option in estate settings.

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.fff656e666b760f9eb5f78a2d1cd2431.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BJoyful said:

I’ve never checked if both of us can set Home at the Houseboat, but we have it set to Anyone can Rez, Anyone can use Scripts and a 1 hour Object Return and just both of us can use doors and the textures, but I’m pretty sure the Houseboat can’t be set to Group Only.  I think my access page still has Group plus Anyone checked, but however the access tab was when I got it and set it up, I can’t change it now, as it’s all greyed out except for the Ban Add box 💗 

it has been a while since I got that message, but I’m sure it was quite a few times after the access page was mostly greyed out.

I think that you and the OP are talking about two different tabs in the land box. You are talking about the Access tab, where we are not allowed to check the Allow Group box. She is talking about the General tab, where you can set a parcel to group to allow group members to set home there, etc. We can do that with our Linden homes, we just can't deed (give ownership of) the parcel to a group. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think that you and the OP are talking about two different tabs in the land box. You are talking about the Access tab, where we are not allowed to check the Allow Group box. She is talking about the General tab, where you can set a parcel to group to allow group members to set home there, etc. We can do that with our Linden homes, we just can't deed (give ownership of) the parcel to a group. 

Yes! 😂 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...