Reflect a trap or a follower

Mimite Klaar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"npv"? Non-Physical Vehicle? What would it mean for it to "reflect a trap or a follower"? Do you mean the vehicle itself should try to follow (and... trap?) another avatar? Or maybe the vehicle should rez an object that acts as a trap or follower?

Whatever this is about, what code have you tried so far and what's the problem with it?

Also, in passing: an avatar "trap" means very different things to different people, ranging from an RLV script to physical objects that (visibly or invisibly) affect avatar motion until the user (trivially) escapes. The object-based "traps" can't operate on most of the grid because of land settings, of course, but may be relevant if this is all only for your own parcel.

"Reflecting" is an SL combat term meaning matching the target's position and even rotation with your NPV, while optionally using an offset animation and/or stopped target omega so any attack used on you visually goes to their location instead.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

i think Mimite is asking how to go about writing a shield system with targeting, defensive interceptors, deflectors, and auto response capabilities, defensive and/maybe offensive

if so then Mimite, google on key words LSL SHIELD. This will return links to some op[en source LSL scripts and discussions that will get you started down this path 

On 7/12/2019 at 4:24 PM, Mimite Klaar said:

Hi everyone, I hope you could help me , i'm working on a npv and i know it is possible to reflect a trap or a follower on other avatar. Can you help me to include it on my npv ?

Thank you 

All you're really doing is turning your NPV into a follower/trap that keeps updating to your targets position with llSetRegionPos. This will make their traps / followers go onto them giving the illusion that they're reflected back onto themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.