help getting rid of her ex!

Saganna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Saganna said:

so my god daughter gave her ex owner rightes in my family grouo  he hasnt relized yet he has them how do i get them removed from jim please.

Generally you can't remove an owner from a group. You could try submitting a support ticket to LL and explaining the circumastances and see if they will make an exception

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saganna said:

so my god daughter gave her ex owner rightes in my family grouo  he hasnt relized yet he has them how do i get them removed from jim please.

Create a new group without the ex and change everything over to the new group.   Have the entire family join the new group and leave the old group.  If the ex is the only person in the old group and the group owns no land, the group will automatically go away in 24 or 48 hours.

Lesson learned -- never, ever make anyone else an owner of your group, because................ DRAMA

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rickyfatton said:

normal human beans

I don't know that I've ever met a "normal human bean." The ones I've run across are all freakish mutants.

I think the issue here may be that there is some bad blood between the ex and the goddaughter, and that if the ex realizes he is an owner, he may wreak havoc?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't know that I've ever met a "normal human bean." The ones I've run across are all freakish mutants.

I think the issue here may be that there is some bad blood between the ex and the goddaughter, and that if the ex realizes he is an owner, he may wreak havoc?

Hmm fair point 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rickyfatton said:

Take enough lsd and you  can pretty much have conversations with anything 

What makes you think I didn't way back then? Do you even know who Divine Right and Urge are? Remember the original Whole Earth Catalog? You'll find DR in one of the earlier issues. 

Edited by Selene Gregoire

A very important and not well known thing with groups:

Whoever paid for the group creation and was the original owner owns that group PERMANENTLY, even if they leave it.

It only takes a support ticket to be reinstated as the owner of any group you created.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

What makes you think I didn't way back then? Do you even know who Divine Right and Urge are? Remember the original Whole Earth Catalog? You'll find DR in one of the earlier issues. 

I do!  They were the little story at the bottom of each page of the catalog. DR was the hippie and Urge was his van.  They were traveling cross country along with his girl friend(can't remember her name) who Urge was very fond of because she threw out the trash occasionally and checked his oil once in a while.  They later pulled all the little blurbs together and made a book of it.

Ya, like another mentioned, you best make an emergency secondary group and swap out the old with it for any thing it's currently attached to.

And you can try and see if you can get support to help take away his ownership role in the process too.

Worse case, you can just get everyone still active to move over to the new group and abandon the old.

Be sure to empty it out first too though so that way the group will just go poof eventually with just the ex as the last one left.

54 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I do!  They were the little story at the bottom of each page of the catalog. DR was the hippie and Urge was his van.  They were traveling cross country along with his girl friend(can't remember her name) who Urge was very fond of because she threw out the trash occasionally and checked his oil once in a while.  They later pulled all the little blurbs together and made a book of it.

It was on the side of the page, not the bottom. :P

Her name was Estelle.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.