You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

No one is "trying to discredit" the artist.

If you care for the artist, stop using such charged language to describe those who have asked questions or pointed out inconsistencies/tone.

Again .. I am not speaking for her.

Take it up with her inworld. Write her a note.

This thread seeks supporters. I could never answer those questions about fairness over discounts.

Take it up with LL for all I care. Report it. 

I did not start discusiing all of this.

8 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

We care for the artist, coming from the underground with real world credentials and acknowlegdment, even from this company, and are willing to help her keep this exposition by donations ; putting our mouths where the money is, BECAUSE THAT IS APPARANTLY ALL THAT COUNTS.

And that , my dear Solar .. is in my opinion, SL' s detriment for the future, with this non-profit either paying the full price or not or other non-profits having all their statuses revoked ' to keep it fair.' .

It' s the end of real culture within SL

This is why I asked my questions. Because if - and it is a big if, hence the questions - Hangars Liquides had found a way to simultaneously receive the non-profit tier discount while also being able to subsidise the tier through private rentals, then there are dozens (if not hundreds) of gorgeous sims that could benefit from a similar setup. And in doing so, we'd see far fewer of those beautiful sims fail and disappear forever. Surely you'd agree that Second Life would benefit greatly, if it were possible for non-profit sims to enjoy half price tier and be able to cover the remaining cost with rentals?

But instead I got accused of trying to smear Hangars Liquides. Just for asking for more information.

• Like 4

Just now, TDD123 said:

Again .. I am not speaking for her.

Take it up with her inworld. Write her a note.

This thread seeks supporters. I could never answer those questions about fairness over discounts.

Take it up with LL for all I care. Report it. 

I did not start discusiing all of this.

That's all rather irrelevant, what is relevant is the image being presented: by supporters, spkespeople and even simple fans/those concerned.

If you cannot answer questions then simply share your experiences, share an image or two and go about the rest of your day. Help clear up confusion where you can.

My entire point the last few responses is that presentation matters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

This is why I asked my questions. Because if - and it is a big if, hence the questions - Hangars Liquides had found a way to simultaneously receive the non-profit tier discount while also being able to subsidise the tier through private rentals, then there are dozens (if not hundreds) of gorgeous sims that could benefit from a similar setup. And in doing so, we'd see far fewer of those beautiful sims fail and disappear forever. Surely you'd agree that Second Life would benefit greatly, if it were possible for non-profit sims to enjoy half price tier and be able to cover the remaining cost with rentals?

But instead I got accused of trying to smear Hangars Liquides. Just for asking for more information.

For those actually bothering to pay attention and understand what I've been trying to get across: The above puts it very nicely as does some of Fiona's quips (which are a commentary on how various responses come across and the image they paint) ...

Despite not having either job this lifetime, I am an Archivist and a Teacher of sorts at heart and it absolutely pains me to see people be so willfully blinded by their passions that they see enemies everywhere .....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Despite not having either job this lifetime, I am an Archivist and a Teacher of sorts at heart and it absolutely pains me to see people be so willfully blinded by their passions that they see enemies everywhere .....

There are questions being asked. About legal validity, illegal conduct in sim. In the thread an account appeared named H8, spewing wild accusations.

That tone was not set by the fans from the beginning.

That was a first verbal attack. And from there it kept ongoing with insinuations, slander and accusations that people like me simply cannot answer.

1 minute ago, TDD123 said:

There are questions being asked. About legal validity, illegal conduct in sim. In the thread an account appeared named H8, spewing wild accusations.

That was a first verbal attack. And from there it kept ongoing with insinuations, slander and accusations that people like me simply cannot answer.

Funny you complain about that ... because the first verbal attack on the quality on other sims AFAIK came from ... YOU!

Good night everyone, I am out for tonight before this thread evolves into a flamewar again...

33 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Discount will be given behind ' your back' . You can object ... you can argue .. but you don' t try to discredit the one receiving the discount CONTSTANTLY.

Are you arguing both for, and against discounts?

6A5C39BA-0E31-4284-A5A0-15DB337EB4EF.jpeg

This may be what happens when what should be two separate, incompatible threads are combined.

If the questions hadn't been asked in a thread that was supposed to gather praise and donations, but rather in a whole different thread, I bet the answers would have been a lot clearer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TDD123 said:

A few of the comments/responses were made by accounts/users that almost everyone else treated as coming from trolls or similar - that should have been a clue there for those.

Legal viability? A set of questions asked with - for most - no ill intent whatsoever. Illegal conduct "within the sim" ...? Seriously? Hyperbole there and I'd say quite the misinterpretation of a set of questions.

Your response above is a very clear example of the sort of response I have been talking about: Passion blinding you.

People are oh so quick to toss around the label of slander, to believe another is accusing them or insinuating some negative motive/tone in a set of questions and responses ... Those who have genuinely wanted information have been treated to negativity from the very first post that dared to present how the situation appeared to them and to ask for clarification.

It has spiraled from there.

Now perhaps the time I have spent in far more vicious fora has changed how I view things and given me a more detached perspective but do please understand that such is how this entire thread has read to someone who wishes the creator of HL well and who simply wishes for clearer communication between all parties involved.

Seriously, how some of us react to what others have posted in this thread really ought to be a clear indication of when someone is trolling or otherwise not worth responding to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

This may be what happens when what should be two separate, incompatible threads are combined.

If the questions hadn't been asked in a thread that was supposed to gather praise and donations, but rather in a whole different thread, I bet the answers would have been a lot clearer.

Unfortunately I cannot agree with that Qie and not just due to the very nature of fora.

Some of the "answers" given were clear as mud at best and deflection (seemingly) at worst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are you arguing both for, and against discounts?

6A5C39BA-0E31-4284-A5A0-15DB337EB4EF.jpeg

Arguing it' s a ' game' real people play.

Like lowest price guarantee until you find out too late there wasn' t one.

ETA : People haggle too.

Edited by TDD123
haggle
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Unfortunately I cannot agree with that Qie and not just due to the very nature of fora.

Some of the "answers" given were clear as mud at best and deflection (seemingly) at worst.

Then perhaps could be considered that negotiations are still ongoing and discretion is demanded from BOTH partries ?

Just wondering .. not representing.

6 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Then perhaps could be considered that negotiations are still ongoing and discretion is demanded from BOTH partries ?

Just wondering .. not representing.

If such was/is the case then stating such as clearly and concisely as possible, stating such information and nothing more whatsoever would be the best path.

That's the thing about handling the general public: Facts, information that can be presented at the time, no personal opinions or similar at all when presented with a question.

That is the proper way to handle things - at least for representatives. In your case? If possible, answer to the best of your ability while avoiding potentially leaking information the general public doesn't need to know yet/that could be damaging and do your best to do so as neutrally as possible.

It isn't easy and is something best left to a professional PR department. The key there being professional.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Thanks for confirming our fears ;)...

Wow, Fiona's magic is back. "Thanks for confirming our fears" Bam! And all the people who are not attentive enough will think "Hey! This Djehan has something to hide!" What a trick! You're so clever and subtle. Truth is, of course, that, indeed, LL can give out discounts to anyone they see fit, for whatever reason. They are not beholden to you to explain anything.

Now, before you continue the paranoia, I have no idea even why LL would discount HL -- apart from them being a NPO, of course. And LL sure as heck wouldn't tell me; or you, for that matter. Much like goverments don't tell you why companies like Facebook or Apple get huge tax breaks. Usually because they deem they have added value (you can take a hint from that). But even IF Linden Lab were to give HL a special discount (beyond being an NPO) -- and, again, I have no idea this is even the case -- they certainly are under no obligation to tell you, or anyone else, as to why they'd be doing it. Heck, there are even sims they choose to preserve for free! And all without having to explain a thing to you. :) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.