You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

38 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:
6 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

Many places are closing and this is due to world wide recession in many countries

some places are closing due to personal bad choices
there is no world wide rescession.

I've created thousands of sims, many of them for customers with various types of public projects intended for both public use and moneymaking ventures. While a few might have closed due to the "personal bad choices" you refer to, most closings were beyond their control.
For example, losing a RL job and being unable to find a new one (or one that paid the same due to the very real austerity measures enacted worldwide) made the extra money needed to pay for their regions impossible.
Another biggie has been personal illness -- they no longer had the energy/time to continue, and this had nothing to do with "personal bad choices".
Another factor -- the devaluing of both content and cost of rents - many of these projects attempted to pay for their regions (or at least offset some of the cost) via small malls, personal creations, or income from a few rentals.
I'm sure there are many more examples not coming to mind atm.
If you're looking for something to blame I'd blame many of the consumers in SL who expect virtual goods and experiences to be free or very cheap. Blaming those who worked very hard to create something of value in SL is extremely offensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there is no world wide rescession.

No there isn't, but there is a world wide money redistribution trend - effectively killing the middle class. It has the same effects as a recession for 99% of the population...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

I blame the many people who don't understand that "donation" implicitely means that you get nothing in return other than the warm fuzzies in your heart.

I don’t like melons. I blame the people who don’t understand they taste like polystyrene 😂😂😂

Edited by Lawrence Celestalis
Minor spelling corrections

How about keeping the core sim as a non-profit exclusively for Role Play with no rental units and the adjoining sims as 'regular' rentals? It could be classed as your usual value-added themed rental. They might have to convert one of the homestead sims to a full sim but that would boost the land impact available for rental units. No doubt if LL made such a concession to Djehann Kidd, every other value-added landlord would be clamoring for a similar deal. Hangars Liquides and Insillico are two of my favourite regions. It would be a real loss to SL if Hangars Liquides had to close up.

Coming to think of if, the builds on the adjoining homestead sims could all be stacked vertically in a single full 'rental' sim with plenty of prims / land impact to spare. Not only that but the builds would benefit from the better script support that full regions have. Yes, it would be an epic job but it's nothing that you couldn't manage with a few days spent chucking rez box positioner scripts into each linked object. It's certainly doable. FWIW, I had a project 12 years ago that was 1.5 km in height packed into a string of RezFaux boxes [with their 100m radius limit]. The free CasperTech rezzing boxes will record the position of any object in an entire sim so it's definitely worth a try.

Edited by Alazarin Mondrian
  • Like 1

I went there yesterday, ironically, and can not begin to tell my tale....

I sat down with the creator of these sims (which turn out to be five in total) 

My friend Angel, accompanied me. 

She has until August the 1st to come up with 3,000$ USD or the sims she has built, all the builds, the art, will be ..... hit delete.

I can not fathom the amount of pressure she is under.- 750,000 L....

I went there and she was kind to us both, very open, and understandably sad.... 

So I share her link to her market place, a location, and info's....

I feel like someone is about to set the Mona Lisa on Fire and noone else really cares...

I am doing what I can to help, and am about to start going to anyone and everyone to help.

Sad thing is she has 1,100 members in her group and they have no contributed a single thing.

I think she should axe the whole group, make a new one and charge, hell, all the "stores" do it and people easily drop their L's... Builds aren't free, and neither are awesome Cyber Cities...

Her store on Market:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/110378

Her YoutubeL

blergh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1fIB_3kkY

In world TP:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hangars%20Liquides/46/64/2232

hangars.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Foxy Carpathia said:

all the "stores" do it and people easily drop their L's

No, all the stores do not do it and no, people do not "easily drop their Ls". Charging more than 5 - 10 Ls to join a group is nothing more than unadulterated greed. I will not contribute to your greed for my hard earned dollars. I'd much prefer to keep a roof over my head and food on my table. In real life.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I will not contribute to your greed for my hard earned dollars. I'd much prefer to keep a roof over my head and food on my table. In real life.

Ohhh Selene, of what good are food and shelter without beauty in this world!     :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No, all the stores do not do it and no, people do not "easily drop their Ls". Charging more than 5 - 10 Ls to join a group is nothing more than unadulterated greed. I will not contribute to your greed for my hard earned dollars. I'd much prefer to keep a roof over my head and food on my table. In real life.

I will be brutally honest: I hovered over the indiegogo page, then realized making a contribution means having to share all my personal information with the Campaign holders, such as RL name, address, email, credit card number, etc. And that's getting a little too close for comfort to me. :( So, in a way I really wish she'd charge group fees, or let me rent something fancy in her city, for $LL. Even though I'm still not made of money, I would jump on that toute de suite.

16 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I will be brutally honest: I hovered over the indiegogo page, then realized making a contribution means having to share all my personal information with the Campaign holders, such as RL name, address, email, credit card number, etc. And that's getting a little too close for comfort to me. :( So, in a way I really wish she'd charge group fees, or let me rent something fancy in her city, for $LL. Even though I'm still not made of money, I would jump on that toute de suite.

You can still make a donation. You do not have to join a group to do so. Most sims that accept donations to help pay for tier have a donation box you can pay the Ls into.

There are many ways you can donate and none of them require a group.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.