omega compatible eyes

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey all, I am looking for some pretty eyes.. I have been around many places, however i don't *really* know what Im looking for.. so many sat "catwa" or "genus" head.. I have a LAQ bento head, and I have the Omega applier for eyes&makeup.. so does anyone know any stores (preferably in world) that I could go to look for this ? .. cheers :) (I do mean other than the LAQ main store though, obviously I've been there)

thankyou :) .. its just.. iunno, i am finding it near impossible to find anything for my head ... everything i see is either genus or catwa.. im right now debating on spending some extra cash and just buying the genus head..

another question to tack on here.. so I dont spam the main thread.. say I buy a Genus head.. and I head over to the "skinnery" store... now they have this:

I am confused.. I have a Maitreya body... so do I buy the skin for the maitreya body, OR because I have the Omega applier, do I buy the Omega one? .. I dont get it... 

skinnery.JPG

10 minutes ago, xBaeBeex said:

another question to tack on here.. so I dont spam the main thread.. say I buy a Genus head.. and I head over to the "skinnery" store... now they have this:

I am confused.. I have a Maitreya body... so do I buy the skin for the maitreya body, OR because I have the Omega applier, do I buy the Omega one? .. I dont get it... 

You could buy either and they both will work. If you think you might change to a different body in the future, and would want to use this skin on it, go with Omega.

• Like 1

i tried the demo for the omega option, and matched it with the demo skin i am wearing on my face..and it seems to match.. so yeah :) thats good thinking going with the omega option, thankyou Matty. I havent bought anything yet.. I'm still.. hedging on the idea of buying a whole new head considering its 5,500L ..its alot considering i already have the LAQ bento head.. but.. its so hard to find anything that works for what i have..eyes.. makeup.. everything right now is made for genus or catwa.. 

I use Lelutka head, Maitreya body. Avi-glam eyes are my favourites. 

Genus is the latest "in thing" right now, and while there are more things being made for it there's still plenty available for the older model heads, specifically; Catwa and Lelutka. Over time that will of course change as more products are released. While spending 5k for each head is an expensive endeavor, you can consider Genus as a future investment and hope the current trend continues. There's every chance another model head may appear in the not too distant future and suddenly that becomes the new must-have. Either way that's your call to make.

As for "everything right now being made for Genus or Catwa"; it may feel like that, especially with particular creators and regular sales events. If you absolutely love these creators' work then you have to follow the trend they dictate or wait for them to create for your model head. You could also ask if they would consider it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you don't mind shopping around try the Marketplace; some people seem to forget it exists. Most major head creators have groups so try asking in these too to see if there's any recommendations others would make that you possibly haven't come across yet. 

Not sure if any of that was helpful, but if you take away any piece of information from this post it should be; regularly search Marketplace and don't rely on Sales Events.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 1:10 AM, ParkLakewood said:

I have the LAQ head. So far, the best looking and easiest to use on this head are the Inkheart eyes - the system eyes work well on LAQ and don't give as much "crossed eye" effect as some other eyes I've tried.

I haven't used the LAQ head but I can vouch for the fact that the Lelutka (and Catwa of course) both have a tendency to look cross-eyed when using the head model eyes. I use mesh eyes to combat that (and as a nice touch can use materials for a shiny look which is great for taking staged photos with implied tears), but not sure if mesh eyes match the correct eye depth you probably get otherwise.

Snapshot_043_cr.thumb.jpg.871965963a5650c793ca3847f43c5676.jpg

Snapshot_059_cr.thumb.jpg.82a37b4857f166d012ae160b8ed1069e.jpg

I use LAQ head(s) and like these eyes from IKON very much (IKON Fjord)! I still use the system eyes, even though mesh eyes are included in the IKON package.

I like these heads very much, and with Omega makeup appliers I have no problem getting the looks I want. In addition, I think LAQ have some of the best face animations and emotions out there,  cute and natural! And a very, very cute smile :D

Snapshot_074_cr.thumb.jpg.e35bfa5c59ff3baaa6297e9388a79efd.jpg

BTW - no photo editing except crop used in these images...

Edited by caraledevigne
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.