Vacant Homes/Houseboats

Emerist Begonia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

It must be frustrating.

it can be, but you can't blame others not to contact you, you'l have to work on it yourself. A shy lonely person in the middle of Texas,  will still be a shy lonely person in New York too if the person doesn't put a step out of the door ...
There are activities in Belleseria every day, go out .. visit it.. and mingle in .
Neigbours are only a small part of a community, you might not even like them as soon they pop up next to you.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

and, protip... have an un decorated HB between you and some particularly lovely Mole-made environs?  Derender that sucka & voila instant great view.  (I've done this at my personal HB with 2 neighbors). You can always re render if they start putting furnishings in.

What an amazing idea. 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it can be, but you can't blame others not to contact you, you'l have to work on it yourself

We'll have to ask the OP of course, but I didn't think this was the point she was making?

I read her point as more about a feeling of living in an active neighbourhood, and seeing signs of life outside your windows.

17 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

We'll have to ask the OP of course, but I didn't think this was the point she was making?

I read her point as more about a feeling of living in an active neighbourhood, and seeing signs of life outside your windows.

that hardly is around, all is mixed, timezones, uses habbits and online windows. For that again, the events at Belliseria, where people that are online gather to meet.
Of course it's possible to see people pass your house or drive on the road, but if you'r gonna wait for that your loneliness won't be solved soon.
Here's the map of Belliseria this moment... there are no regions at all with a amount of people that i would call neighbourhood with community life
1842604001b860fbc9a4fec29909faf6.jpg

On 7/11/2019 at 7:51 PM, Kitten Kaos said:

and, protip... have an un decorated HB between you and some particularly lovely Mole-made environs?  Derender that sucka & voila instant great view.  (I've done this at my personal HB with 2 neighbors). You can always re render if they start putting furnishings in.

Done. And I suddenly have a corner lot. 😁 Plus I took a trip around and derendered the other ones who's empty. The region look less crowded now, and fewer boats to rez.

I will admit they weren't all totally empty, but with one or two items, that was fast done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Done. And I suddenly have a corner lot. 😁 Plus I took a trip around and derendered the other ones who's empty. The region look less crowded now, and fewer boats to rez.

I will admit they weren't all totally empty, but with one or two items, that was fast done.

Is there a way to select over an area to derender all that's in the selected area. For example I can derender a houseboat but if that houseboat is furnshed the furnishings are left. If I could select around the houseboat so that all within that is selected and then derender the lot in one go.

2 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Is there a way to select over an area to derender all that's in the selected area. For example I can derender a houseboat but if that houseboat is furnshed the furnishings are left. If I could select around the houseboat so that all within that is selected and then derender the lot in one go.

I don't think it's possible, so this works for those who have an empty or an almost empty boat next to them. Can derender 4 - 5 items fast.

I wish we had the option to select a parcel - derender.

I currently am one of those people that have not decorated yet because I have not had the time other then adding a few cosmetic add on’s to the house outside to see if I like it. 

Someone is planning on decorating one of my houses but just not sure what we are going to do with the other. I don’t have a theme in mind yet so yes it is empty. I am not a fan of the blinds because then unable to see the view outside the windows so neighbors around me will have to deal with a empty home for now.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Exactly. I've totally done that in my personal HB's region- not All the Things because I want to see some of the HBs & the beautiful decor of my neighbors, but just enough to make the area feel less crowded, see more of the lovely sand bars the Moles made near me, the sunset/sunrise and have less to render when I log in.

For my trad home, I literally just de rendered 1 tree and now I can spy the ocean in the distance from my second floor.

Bliss.

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't think it's possible, so this works for those who have an empty or an almost empty boat next to them. Can derender 4 - 5 items fast.

I wish we had the option to select a parcel - derender.

Actually I just tested this on Firestorm Viewer and it is possible (I can't say for sure with other viewers but I can't imagine it would be much different).

272983181_step1.thumb.jpg.5596e8222dc438fd2ab511f1cac8229c.jpg

1) Right click on one item to get the edit window to pop up.

1601597666_step2.thumb.jpg.690ebfd024ba3b3e83b1d42afc768819.jpg

2) While you still have that original item selected, click and drag your mouse to cover the area that contains all the objects you want to derender (you should see all the items highlighted).

2145294282_step3.thumb.jpg.f84ebd8a3366be8f30c1f73ba6d2927c.jpg

3) When you have this mass-selection highlighted, right-click on one thing (anything) that is highlighted > More > More > Derender.

I just derendered a third of my neighbours houses and furnishings that were showing in my draw distance to test my theory. I didn't post pics of that because I feared someone might recognise their home and think I was derendering their house or objects on purpose because I didn't like them. This above seemed like a safer option.

Temporary = hides things for now, but when you log back in they will show up again.

Blacklist = hides things more permanently. A region restart may make things appear, or you may have to manually make them reappear if you wish to see them again.

To reverse derendering, at the top of your viewer screen select World > Asset Blacklist > Remove Selected. Then relog. The objects should have returned.

Anyway, it works. :)

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added return process, just in case. :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

21 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Actually I just tested this on Firestorm Viewer and it is possible (I can't say for sure with other viewers but I can't imagine it would be much different).

272983181_step1.thumb.jpg.5596e8222dc438fd2ab511f1cac8229c.jpg

1) Right click on one item to get the edit window to pop up.

1601597666_step2.thumb.jpg.690ebfd024ba3b3e83b1d42afc768819.jpg

2) While you still have that original item selected, click and drag your mouse to cover the area that contains all the objects you want to derender (you should see all the items highlighted).

2145294282_step3.thumb.jpg.f84ebd8a3366be8f30c1f73ba6d2927c.jpg

3) When you have this mass-selection highlighted, right-click on one thing (anything) that is highlighted > More > More > Derender.

I just derendered a third of my neighbours houses and furnishings that were showing in my draw distance to test my theory. I didn't post pics of that because I feared someone might recognise their home and think I was derendering their house or objects on purpose. This above seemed like a safer option.

Thank you for testing this! 🤗

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2019 at 7:51 PM, Kitten Kaos said:

Man what a tip! I just derender a whole boat and everything in it. I have to hold myself down to not derender all around me now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Derendering entire furniture-filled parcels definitely works great; I have done it many times in the past using the same "open Edit window and drag" method that RaeLee explained. On occasion it will miss one or two items, but those are easily picked up afterward! You just need to be careful with your dragging so you don't wipe out stuff you DO like, though of course you can always dig them out of your blacklist later. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Thanks so much!:) Just tried it out and it does indeed work. Awesome! Such a great solution for making the environment a bit more as you like it:)

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Temporary = hides things for now, but when you log back in they will show up again.

Blacklist = hides things more permanently. A region restart may make things appear, or you may have to manually make them reappear if you wish to see them again.

To reverse derendering, at the top of your viewer screen select World > Asset Blacklist > Remove Selected. Then relog. The objects should have returned.

Question: Is permanently derendering things location specific? Say for example I'm on mainland and I want to permanently derender...well...pretty much everything in a neighbour's home, but I actually like some of the furnishing so I visit the creator's shop to have a closer look at their wares. Will what I've derendered next door be visible to me in that shop? (sorry if that is a silly question... )

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks so much!:) Just tried it out and it does indeed work. Awesome! Such a great solution for making the environment a bit more as you like it:)

You are most welcome. :)

1 minute ago, Arquet said:

Question: Is permanently derendering things location specific? Say for example I'm on mainland and I want to permanently derender...well...pretty much everything in a neighbour's home, but I actually like some of the furnishing so I visit the creator's shop to have a closer look at their wares. Will what I've derendered next door be visible to me in that shop? (sorry if that is a silly question... )

Blacklisting should permanently derender only the objects you highlighted/selected. If I understand correctly, no it doesn't derender all instances of that object off the grid. You will still see it at the shop and anywhere else. Derendering is only hiding objects you selected. If you rez two copies of the same chair and derender one, the other chair will still be there because you only derendered one. I hope that answered your question and made sense? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arquet said:

If I understand your question, the answer is yes, you will be able to see it in the shop. You are derendering a specific instance of an object, not banning it globally from anywhere you might encounter it.

• Thanks 1

My only question is: is there a limit on how many objects we can Perm DeRend? Not that I think I'd hit it, but yaknow there are a few parcels I hang out at regularly and over time I'm sure new people may move in there as properties flip and... OH HOLY MOLY WTH IS THAT, MY EYES...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kitten Kaos said:

My only question is: is there a limit on how many objects we can Perm DeRend? Not that I think I'd hit it, but yaknow there are a few parcels I hang out at regularly and over time I'm sure new people may move in there as properties flip and... OH HOLY MOLY WTH IS THAT, MY EYES...

I honestly can't answer that because if there's a limit I haven't reached it yet. Blocked entries (Mute) cap at 1000 ( that's under People > Blocked) but I don't know what the limit is for permanent derendering/blacklisting. Maybe @Whirly Fizzle would know?

10 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I honestly can't answer that because if there's a limit I haven't reached it yet. Blocked entries (Mute) cap at 1000 ( that's under People > Blocked) but I don't know what the limit is for permanent derendering/blacklisting. Maybe @Whirly Fizzle would know?

As far as I'm aware, there is no limit to how many items you can blacklist.
Though it really wouldn't surprise me if having an extremely large blacklist may cause problems.
The blacklist has no serverside support & the blacklist is stored locally on your machine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I mean, it wouldn't be the worst thing to re render objects that are no longer in region because a neighbor moved, just a little more work, if there is a cap or if a large list causes issues. But, before the refresh rate on the homes page was stiffed (necessarily, imo) there was some flipping of parcels as people hunted for locations with better views and this is one tool to make your parcel have a better view without having to move. Decreasing the churn may be a good thing now as this is currently a scarcity economy.

Edited by Kitten Kaos

I have never hit any sort of limit, and I have been derendering things since I first started using a viewer that had the feature, years ago. On FS at least, you can pull up your asset blacklist and sort the list so you can periodically remove old stuff from places you don't even remember now. I don't know if doing so accomplishes anything, but I figure it can't hurt for lag, etc., purposes, so I once in a great while go in and remove the oldest entries. (You can see on the list the regions the items are in, so if the items are in an area you still frequent, it's easy enough to leave them on the list.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I have never hit any sort of limit, and I have been derendering things since I first started using a viewer that had the feature, years ago. On FS at least, you can pull up your asset blacklist and sort the list so you can periodically remove old stuff from places you don't even remember now. I don't know if doing so accomplishes anything, but I figure it can't hurt for lag, etc., purposes, so I once in a great while go in and remove the oldest entries. (You can see on the list the regions the items are in, so if the items are in an area you still frequent, it's easy enough to leave them on the list.)

Something tells me your derender list is HUGE. Did you derender those 1 prim grass mats around you yet?

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.