Jump to content

The Wilds (ideas for new Linden continents)


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

(Purely a fantasy thread for entertainment purposes)

Post your wildest, & I mean WILDEST ideas for Linden Homes continents. Just to pass the time & Imagine a future in which everyone who really wants a LH  has one...

   My idea- every LH is a skybox island with a surround some distance apart, but... (wait for it) the whole continent beneath is all parkland & forest with adventuring & sports built in.... ski slope, skate park, bike trails, horse trails, white water rapids, suspension foot bridges with beautiful photo worthy views, caves to explore.... mostly a focus on by foot & two wheeled or very small 1 or 2 person craft exploration. Lush & green.

 Tell us your ideas!

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Refurbish and re-do areas of mainland that has fell in neglect. Give newer, clever uses to old, outdated areas. Extend the bellisseria experience around the vast world sitting there for attention, not just as linden homes, but as open areas.  Perhaps, linden homes could co-exist along regular use lands, some clever way of zoning what is already there.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the Mainland Snow Regions have different winter sports areas with ski lifts, lodges, and winter sports - how about a resident village in the middle of snow-covered mountains with something similar? Instead of The Pickle we could have The Icicle. 

 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

My dream next continent is the adult Linden Homes continent. It would be nearly almost exactly the same as Bellisseria, except without the moderate limitations. 

In talking to other people about this, some have suggested a Louisiana/Bayou/New Orleans theme and that could cover a variety of different tastes from the dark and macabre BDSM dungeons to the happy, brightly lit, swinging Garden District. 

The animals could be very different... a crocodile instead of a squirrel? And the parades we could have down our very own Bourbon Street! The things we could do for beads! 

I fully intend to start harassing bribing gently encouraging @Patch Linden to go ahead and tuck this into the back of his adorable little creative noggin where I've no doubt this idea will take seed and ultimately burst into something adult and incredible. I bet if he and @Abnor Mole put their heads together, something magnificent would arise!

Also, instead of pickles... eggplants! Eggplants everywhere! Big... thick... ripe... firm... bulbous... purple... eggplants! Or aubergines for you Brits. 🍆

  • Like 7
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Teager said:

I thought you were literally suggesting "The Wilds" as a home theme! Jungles, treehouses, Swiss Family Robinson... I was on board!

This is an absolutely stellar idea & I stan it! But no, my hidden agenda was to give people homes while at the same time give the Moles a whole continent to landscape with nary a house in sight because clearly they need me piling more work on their fuzzy lil heads.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Also, instead of pickles... eggplants! Eggplants everywhere! Big... thick... ripe... firm... bulbous... purple... eggplants! Or aubergines for you Brits. 🍆

Some of us think eggsplants are fine and dandy... but we love guava too .... also peaches ;)

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Farmland, please. Cows, open roads, vast stretches of plains with mountains and family farms. Build in a farming experience to share/sell crops produced by the land to your neighbors and passersby. Use the crops to make meals to share with friends. I'd be willing to help build this, or I know there's some farming systems that exist on the grid that could integrate with this experience. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

My dream next continent is the adult Linden Homes continent. It would be nearly almost exactly the same as Bellisseria, except without the moderate limitations. 

In talking to other people about this, some have suggested a Louisiana/Bayou/New Orleans theme and that could cover a variety of different tastes from the dark and macabre BDSM dungeons to the happy, brightly lit, swinging Garden District. 

The animals could be very different... a crocodile instead of a squirrel? And the parades we could have down our very own Bourbon Street! The things we could do for beads! 

I fully intend to start harassing bribing gently encouraging @Patch Linden to go ahead and tuck this into the back of his adorable little creative noggin where I've no doubt this idea will take seed and ultimately burst into something adult and incredible. I bet if he and @Abnor Mole put their heads together, something magnificent would arise!

Also, instead of pickles... eggplants! Eggplants everywhere! Big... thick... ripe... firm... bulbous... purple... eggplants! Or aubergines for you Brits. 🍆

I can't like this enough... can I just direct all my likes of all posts I've ever liked to THIS post

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Move and join all continents together with roads, bridges and sail-able waters all around. In mainland areas that are abandoned turn them into ponds, lakes so surrounding areas become more sought after. Ban all banlines and just allow orbs with 15 seconds or more. Also in large abandoned mainland areas create more Linden homes.

Edited by Ziggy Starsmith
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SerraWeckerly said:

omg Beth im so sorry....i didnt even....i can't......*turns bright red and hides under desk*

Somehow I think that with all the other crap happening around here, they're going to let this one slide.

I mean, we're just talking about vegetables! What could be more harmless than that??

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Move and join all continents together with roads, bridges and sail-able waters all around. In mainland areas that are abandoned turn them into ponds, lakes so surrounding areas become more sought after. Ban all banlines and just allow orbs with 15 seconds or more. Also in large abandoned mainland areas create more Linden homes.

Wildest defined, challenge accepted @Abnor Mole ? 😛

Edited by Kitten Kaos
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Somehow I think that with all the other crap happening around here, they're going to let this one slide.

I mean, we're just talking about vegetables! What could be more harmless than that??

Vegetables & fruits... they're good for you! Party of a healthy breakfast!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

that would actually cause more unrest than the recent Homes dilemma - not sure they ever want to cause such a thing again

I think you misread my humor there... unless you are being similarly mischievous?

Edited by Kitten Kaos
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

A big prison continent (kind of like the Corn Field, I guess), where the Lindens and Moles get to decide who lives there.

there is something quite mischievously appealing about getting on that list

could be like a game, a quest even with clues and anvils falling out the sky when you win.  And we could get killed by monsters and drowned in poison rain and baked into dust and all sorts.  And when so then the Lindens and Moles go hehehehehe! sooorrry! not good enough!  We don't just take any old lamers and neverbe tryhards !!! And you lost all your points and sent back to the Resurrection Circle and have to start all over again

😸

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see Skid Row! Where all of the homeless can huddle together in their tin and cardboard shacks rattling their cups and begging for a few spare lindens to feed their starving sculpty babies, or feed their gacha addiction...

I know, I know, it's all kinds of wrong, but if you think about it having a shanty or seedy side of town will make the rest of the homes look opulent by comparison! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...