Can't we all just get along?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, Blaze Roecastle said:

Can't we all just get along? ... enough said... no need for comments. likes are welcome. 🥰

There is an entire community that thinks that social media's purpose is to misconstrue, name and shame.  People enjoy piling on, enhancing any original misinterpretation into outright falsehood, restating marginal interpretations as fact. In such an environment, probably not.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 11:29 AM, Blaze Roecastle said:

Can't we all just get along? ... enough said... no need for comments. likes are welcome. 🥰

That would take everyone else conforming to the laws of Ceka. Otherwise,it's looking pretty slim.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/11/2019 at 9:29 AM, Blaze Roecastle said:

Seven thousand plus years of history says NO. Get in touch with reality.

On 7/11/2019 at 1:28 PM, usagihara said:

i've just worked out how to put the most vocally unpleasant on ignore 😊

Aaah Ha! The Ostrich Solution. If that works for you... but it sort of leaves your butt blowing in the wind...

On 7/11/2019 at 2:43 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

No, i get the whole "I WANT MY HOUSEBOAT NAAAAOOOOO!!!" rants that have been prevalent. I just asked what THIS post has to do with Linden Homes. Answer, nothing. There is nothing in this post about Linden Homes whatsoever. This is nothing more than a "LOOK AT MEEEE< SEE HOW EDGY I AM!!!" post.

Well now we have Houseboats in the thread. You can mark this thread as proof you have brought a thread back on topic.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:47 PM, Sequoia Sojourner said:

I think the OP is just expressing their mild frustration with all the turbulence in the forum and so making a joke to lighten up the ambiance.  Don't see it in the malicious light you are framing it in.

I doubt they meant it as a joke...

English is ambiguous. Written English more so.  What we infer into a post is often revealing more about us then the writer.

So...

In a thread about getting along, I think we have well demonstrated the reason we cherish free speech, because nobody thinks or sees things the same way.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Even the Pax Romana was pierced by the screams of those killed for disturbing the peace...

But you have to admit the survivers for most parts integrated into Roman society quite peacefully (we will not speak of those Spartacus or Boudica incidents 9_9 those were just atypical exceptions)

Edited by Fionalein

53 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Aaah Ha! The Ostrich Solution. If that works for you... but it sort of leaves your butt blowing in the wind...

Actually, when dealing with people who deliberately misconstrue and misquote, replying to them just gives them more material to work with.  Best to mute them and discontinue all dialog forever.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.