gwendol1ne

I Will not accept Tilia

3 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

No wonder USA has such tax issues then forcing the need for such TOS agreements if you don't need justification. You cannot submit a tax return and simply say here's the receipts you have to be able to prove you can claim the deduction otherwise face getting audited. Just submitting the receipts as proof without justification for the expense is the very definition of Tax Fraud.

Yeah, ... I remember battleing my tax officer over the deductability of a military grade compass, ... he insisted on it being a a pure hobby investment and I had to justify every damn little feature that thing had to him (I was in the forest service at that time - we plan and control dirt roads dedicated to silvicultural use...)

18 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I was in the forest service at that time

Another one of those underappreciated, underpain* underpaid jobs. I've planted a few trees myself.

*legitimate typo or Freudian slip? why not both?

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Another one of those underappreciated, underpain* underpaid jobs. I've planted a few trees myself.

Not really if you do the planning instead of the planting :P - but yeah our lumberjacks (they do the planting over here as well - both felling and planting is part of the same job here) are clearly underpayed for their hard work.

• Like 1

Well ... guess what happens if you ask support a case specific Tilia question

They direct you the closed Q&A thread and the FAQ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Sounds legit.

D4043F10-7E6D-4CD7-837A-C119A9028917.jpeg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Those seem to be if you are a submitting a general tax return as a worker etc., not a business tax return. If second life is your sole business and is registered as a business you can submit a tax return for a business. Like I said, in my country it could be counted as a home business (self employed) so long as you have the required business documentation etc. It also might be the same in USA, I'm not sure. If it is then you would use the following links to explain what can and cant be claimed as a business deduction from the IRS. I'm not a tax consultant for the USA so am only going by what I know in my country so if you want to do this make sure you look into "is SL activity a business" thing first as it may not be the same in USA.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/deducting-business-expenses

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/home-office-deduction

6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Yeah, ... I remember battleing my tax officer over the deductability of a military grade compass, ... he insisted on it being a a pure hobby investment and I had to justify every damn little feature that thing had to him (I was in the forest service at that time - we plan and control dirt roads dedicated to silvicultural use...)

Tax issues can get really silly sometimes.

Edited by Drayke Newall

2 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Maybe you should have called Tilia support ;)

46 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Those seem to be if you are a submitting a general tax return as a worker etc., not a business tax return

Most US SL residents are filing personal income tax returns, not for a business. Those that are filing for a business can take some of the same deductions depending on the domicile of the business. 

Having been a full charge bookkeeper for an underground utility contractor for the municipalities of that state for 10 years, I am very familiar with the US tax laws.

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 3:20 PM, Drayke Newall said:

No wonder USA has such tax issues then forcing the need for such TOS agreements if you don't need justification. You cannot submit a tax return and simply say here's the receipts you have to be able to prove you can claim the deduction otherwise face getting audited. Just submitting the receipts as proof without justification for the expense is the very definition of Tax Fraud.

That's what I mean. You cant deduct peanuts from your taxation that aren't necessary for your life, or to carry your profession.

This again crappy politics, but their repercussions affect many. To keep it short and not offensive (dont quote me here!!)
If Washington, as so often, has opted for madness again. Such wild-west methods are of course not popular in the civilized world . An expensive suit doesn't make a lady or a gentlemen. Things they think are legal are somewhere else even not. Or immoral transactions. And the other one comes back with the brainwash TV. funny
You Americans are some of the worst informed societies. To stay in topic, I would not speak specific for the u.s. like something of a jurisdiction - probably rather small childrens who are constantly begging and think they are in the right. Always trying to go with the head thru the wall.... Don't believe everything stated in the main*****media and the mendacious press. You can't be helped, I'm getting upset now.
To remember; 3/4 the worlds population resources and wealthy-ness are on the Eurasian continent, those who want to make business with them need to match their business model to. Otherwise customers run again away from you. Im off here
Edited by Monday Avril

1 hour ago, Monday Avril said:
That's what I mean. You cant deduct peanuts from your taxation that aren't necessary for your life, or to carry your profession.

This again crappy politics, but their repercussions affect many. To keep it short and not offensive (dont quote me here!!)
If Washington, as so often, has opted for madness again. Such wild-west methods are of course not popular in the civilized world . An expensive suit doesn't make a lady or a gentlemen. Things they think are legal are somewhere else even not. Or immoral transactions. And the other one comes back with the brainwash TV. funny
You Americans are some of the worst informed societies. To stay in topic, I would not speak specific for the u.s. like something of a jurisdiction - probably rather small childrens who are constantly begging and think they are in the right. Always trying to go with the head thru the wall.... Don't believe everything stated in the main*****media and the mendacious press. You can't be helped, I'm getting upset now.
To remember; 3/4 the worlds population resources and wealthy-ness are on the Eurasian continent, those who want to make business with them need to match their business model to. Otherwise customers run again away from you. Im off here

Funny thing about all that... it all came to this continent from the one across the pond. It wasn't like that before the Europeans showed up.

• Like 1

I agree , too much control by LL who doesn't give a F**k about users , just making more money.

I refuse to be controlled and hope people open their eyes as to what is happening really.

Open Sim is far better than SL where you can get everything for FREE land included and apart from 5 grids you have no TOS to agree to. 

Hope you all check out open sim grids ..

BYE!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, tommydog said:

I agree , too much control by LL who doesn't give a F**k about users , just making more money.

I refuse to be controlled and hope people open their eyes as to what is happening really.

Open Sim is far better than SL where you can get everything for FREE land included and apart from 5 grids you have no TOS to agree to. 

Hope you all check out open sim grids ..

BYE!

Bye-bye, valued member of the Second Life community!

valued_member.png.a0d2c63dab40f815ec3d0aa877545cd2.png

I'd ask if I could have your stuff (something of a tradition when someone flounces) but you and I evidently have very different tastes. Have a good one, bud! You'll be missed around here...

1191351013_flounce02.jpg.0f16ad11ef3ea891f1e72815b80913be.jpg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, tommydog said:

Open Sim is far better than SL where you can get everything for FREE

Well, you can be sure someone has to pay to keep it running but hey why pay the Man huh?  Of course you could have your own grid but then you'd be dancing with yourself.