What Keeps You Coming Back to SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lexie Linden wrote:

Quinn Morani wrote:

For me it's the freeform nature of SL that makes it appealing. I like that there are no "rules" or predefined things I have to accomplish in order to "succeed." My RL is full enough of goals and objectives and measures of success. In SL, I can just hang out with my friends, go where I want, and do what I want. But to answer the specific question in the title of this thread, the thing that keeps me coming back to SL is the people I have met here. They are really the ones who make my SL experience fun and fulfilling. Without these good friends to share it with, I don't think I'd still be spending much time inworld.

I very much agree with what you said. 
:)

Seconds that !    Quinn always says it soooo well!

There's a very old (ancient really) joke about a family who brings a family member to a psychiatrist because he thinks he's a chicken.  When he askes them why they don't have him committed, they declare they can't do that because they need the eggs. (That's the condensed version).

I return to SL because I need the eggs.

I must have spent my thinking quota on another thread cuz I is confoos-ed.

I'm not sure I understand the title subject of the OP as it pertains to the content of the OP. Are they related?

The content is discussing game structure. Oh THAT old polemic. I never understood that controversy because SL is both a game and not a game and it is defined by each user. There, that's settled.  :smileyindifferent:

What keeps me coming back? Like I'm supposed to know the answer to that? What do I look like the freaking encyclopedia Britannica? oh... eh hem ...

Sometimes I come back for the company. Sometimes I leave because of the company. Sometimes I come for the exploration. Sometimes it is too much energy to expend wandering around while my laptop overheats. Sometimes it is the music. The art. Right now I'm coming back to figure out the Rubik's Cube that seems to be the building of the %^&* cottage I'm working on and WHY CAN'T THE ROOF SLOPES WORK???? Sometimes it is the shoes.

Sometimes it is hauling out some really nice ocean scaping items and creating something like the Northern California beaches I miss so much.

Ruby Reynaud wrote:

Ahhh Seicher, I love those Northern California beaches! :smileyhappy:

Yeah. There are some very good rock/wave scripted objects out there that can do a good job of pretend. For those of us who can immerse, it can be nice... granted you don't get the wind or the smell (or the sand in parts) but... (/me pictures sitting in front of a fan that is blowing across damp seaweed and putting sand in panties while staring at the SL waves crashing)

Some how the big, brown Ohio River, with the dead carp and even deader refrigators drifting past, isn't quite the same. :smileytongue:

Ohh no the Ohio River doesn't sound like it has the Northern Cali ambience!

Given the freezing temperatures out here in Northen Cali I don't think I've ever had sand in my panties, I'm usually wearing too many clothes!

Ruby Reynaud wrote:

Ohh no the Ohio River doesn't sound like it has the Northern Cali ambience!

Given the freezing temperatures out here in Northen Cali I don't think I've ever had sand in my panties, I'm usually wearing too many clothes!

Muddy brown Ohio River and ambiance are rarely used in the same sentence.

And...wuss! Never had the NoCal sand in shorts? Ppppppth. Bet  you never sat in the freezing section of Candlestick then! Granted a liberal abuse of subtance helps with the cold. You still freeze, you just don't CARE.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.