August 700

Shield Markus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't we want 100 releases during a week day? Four times a day, 25 homes, houseboats, camping upcoming combination. Let's go back to when they can release 700. This time release 100 a day, for 7 week days. That will give more people time to get what we are paying for.  It should'nt be this fight with tech and connections limited releases a day. 

This August,  Patch and Moles, please take that month to make 700.  In September, 7 week days release. If some locations are abandoned they can be released any time.

It's not that simple to be fair. As Patch has said several times, he needs 12 team members to do a release. IE: they all have to be present for it to happen. Furthermore .. if you mean 7 week days, as in Mon-Sun, that would not work either as they do not work 7 days a week. I also imagine that they have other jobs within LL aside from home building.

So, essentially, in order to do 100 homes/boats a day, over 7 days, literally means that they would have to spend their entire work week PLUS weekends (literally every minute of said day) releasing regions to make that happen. It's just not feasible or possible. 

Edited by JessycaJayne
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JessycaJayne said:

It's not that simple to be fair. As Patch has said several times, he needs 12 team members to do a release. IE: they all have to be present for it to happen. Furthermore .. if you mean 7 week days, as in Mon-Sun, that would not work either as they do not work 7 days a week. I also imagine that they have other jobs within LL aside from home building.

So, essentially, in order to do 100 homes/boats a day, over 7 days, literally means that they would have to spend their entire work week PLUS weekends (literally every minute of said day) releasing regions to make that happen. It's just not feasible or possible. 

Really, when I say week days, I did not say weekends for them to work.   They already accomplished 700 homes in the past, how long did it take them , it was new building land and structure to the team.  They are all talented, experienced and it goes much faster obviously as you can see them building regions now. 

I don't know how they released 700 in the past, it was accomplished.  I just mentioned a more fair way dispersing their releases over 7 week days. 

Monday through Friday, then the next Monday and Tuesday.

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

They already accomplished 700 homes in the past, how long did it take them

It took approx. one month for that batch of approx. 700 houseboats to be created.  There is less landscaping involved in the houseboats, so I imagine that creating those plots goes a bit faster than the House areas.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

If we rush the Moles and Lindens, it will ultimately harm the very aspect of Bellisseria that makes it so desirable in the first place--the handcrafted uniqueness, personality, and beauty of the landscape in and around the home parcels.

And watching the history of calls for different release tactics here over the past months, the Moles and Lindens can't win either way. People complained they didn't want to wait entire months for the next big batch (such as the 700-plot Squishy Pickle area) to be ready. So they start releasing at a much faster (but smaller) cadence, and now the complaints are just as numerous, but different. And ironically calling for a return to the long waits and big releases.

I totally understand that it can be frustrating to make time to be rolling the dice when a release is about to happen. But going back to the long waits and big releases isn't the panacea you think it is. Those 700 plots were gone in less than 30 minutes. If you'd stayed home from work that day to roll the dice, you still might have not been smiled upon by Lady Luck.

Belli will keep growing. Some residents will continually get tired of "that new car smell" and move on to the next shiny thing that catches their eye. Or they'll decide that the open social atmosphere of Belli isn't their cup of tea. Eventually, everyone feeling frustrated today will be a Belli resident

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

if I am hearing you correctly....what you are proposing is that they spend a month with no releases, just building.  Then the next month they do several large releases.  Maybe they could stagger the releases to once a week or once every two weeks release and a larger volume each time.  Is that what you mean in a nutshell?

I'm of two minds on this.  I think it would work and it could lessen some of the tension.  BUT we tried waiting between releases before and everyone was pitching a fit to have them release more often. I would like to think that a larger release would satisfy more people at one time and people would stop or lessen the playing of the refresh game other than around the time of release. After today, I honestly don't know if anything will keep some of the people happy. 

It's an interesting idea and i'm all for interesting ideas after today.

• Like 3

They did the slower larger releases and folks weren't happy. Now they're doing the smaller quicker releases and people aren't happy. I know you are really ready to have your home but it might go faster if folks weren't making their work conditions less than stellar. Everyone will have a home eventually. It's just going to take time and patience. In the mean time, explore Bellisseria, check out the many parties and events. Get a cup of coffee at one of the coffee shops. Hop in a tube and float around the island or take a day to hang at the many public pools or beaches. They are working as fast as they can. Please be kind and patient with them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I hang out on Belli everyday.  It's fun to be around the Continent, sailing and flying.  I just want our fight on the land page to end.   I think what Patch said, streamline the process, means Belli will get theme page like the old homes.  If no homes are available it will show it.    We should see the Belli theme page all the time. That will calm people down.   It's  a phantom page now and a fight to see it more often.  

• Thanks 1

• Moles

Whether we release them as they are done or in a bulk release the time it takes to build them doesn't change. Everyone just ends up waiting longer while completed regions sit there empty and waiting to all go at once, which doesn't make sense if you think about it.  Doing them all at once doesn't increase your chances as much as it puts all your chances for an entire month (or more) in one tiny little window you can miss just as easily.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

1 minute ago, Abnor Mole said:

Whether we release them as they are done or in a bulk release the time it takes to build them doesn't change. Everyone just ends up waiting longer while completed regions sit there empty and waiting to all go at once, which doesn't make sense if you think about it.  Doing them all at once doesn't increase your chances as much as it puts all your chances for an entire month (or more) in one tiny little window you can miss just as easily.

You are awesome Abnor and thank you for what you and the Moles are doing!!!

For anyone still confused... think of it this way... I have this big juicy red apple... if I eat it as is I eat 1 apple... if I slice it in quarters I eat 1 apple... if I slice it into 8th's it's still 1 apple... if I dice it into 100 pieces it's still 1 apple... if I juice it and drink it it's still 1 apple...

People... just let it go, you will get a house eventually but no new creative distribution process will make 1 apple into 2 apples or 1 Linden home into 2... They will be built when they are built.

• Like 4

For the current circumstances, I think it is better to release them as they go along rather in one big batch, because of the demand.

Let's take an example - let's say LL are now planning to release 1000 homes somewhere and it would take them 4 months to build the homes, , and the homes are in high demand because everyone has seen how nice the ones already released are. In this example scenario say LL are going to release them only once all 1000 are made. Then those people waiting for one have to wait 4 months to get one and feel frustrated.

If instead, LL  decide instead to release 50 a week as they are built, then 50 frustrated people are satisfied they got they home sooner than 4 months. The following week another 50 homes are released so now we have 100 satisfied people and so on.

Which is the better scenario? I think the latter. If the demand was not so high, maybe it would not matter so much.

My numbers are just random examples but I'm sure you can see how it's relevant to what's happening. LL have over 38,000 homes to replace, so considering the fact they have started releasing them it seems the best way to proceed (also considering all the other facts we know e.g. they have said a reservation or list system is not possible).

One could argue that they should have just built all the homes and released them at the same time in a year or so, or whenever ( maybe with hindsight that might have been better, considering the unhappy feelings generated by people not being able to get a new home now because of the limited supply). But that's not where we are now.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

I imagine the Lindens as a pantheon of creator-gods charged with internal inspiration to bring forth life and platforms for the expression of life; and Moles as the semi-divine heroes touched by gods with the externally inspired powers to make these visions colourful and tangible (as tangible as pixels can possibly be). And nowhere in this imagining of mine can I see the effectiveness of people with clipboards and timelines and expectations telling the gods, "Faster! You're doing it wrong."  

It's one thing to express disappointment ("shucks, missed again...")  but it's another thing altogether to declare a work schedule and "shoulds" and "musts" for creators who are already working at creating -- the business part of creating, the collaborative part of creating, the inspirational part of creating, the technical part of creating, the skills part of creating...   The Lindens are working and the stuff is getting done; I only wish this were more widely appreciated by residents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I was part of a SL Business for the first 6 years inworld with two friends. We had pretty good success. I heard the shoulds and woulds from customers. I had boasts from two store visitors they could do it better.  They were wrong.

I am not challenging Patch and Moles team creativity, just their collection and change of delivery. If patience is required they can tell all of SL on the land page. I think giving Belli a theme page is the fix. They can say unvailable there.  We all want to see the Belli theme page as a regular offer, not a fight to see it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

I was part of a SL Business for the first 6 years inworld with two friends. We had pretty good success. I heard the shoulds and woulds from customers. I had boasts from two store visitors they could do it better.  They were wrong.

I am not challenging Patch and Moles team creativity, just their collection and change of delivery. If patience is required they can tell all of SL on the land page. I think giving Belli a theme page is the fix. They can say unvailable there.  We all want to see the Belli theme page as a regular offer, not a fight to see it. 

Alright, why not simply assume, then: patience IS required.  Nobody has to tell you that; it is something you already know and can obviously appreciate.  🙂  The gods are at work.  Every time 100 people get a new home, that's 100 fewer people who need a home. The odds increase in your favour each time. There's lots to be happy about, yeah?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

I think giving Belli a theme page is the fix. They can say unvailable there.

I've heard this come up a few times, and it does have some merit. I think a factor in not doing so is the demand for houses in Bellisseria right now outweigh supply, so with each new Premium Member that joins SL, they are going to be directed to the same page we now see. They still have the option of the older house styles, even if that's not the ones they see on the new ads or saw at SLB16 etc. Seeing a theme page for Bellisseria and then being told "sorry, sold out" is like buying the car promised in the advertisement and being shown a cart instead while you wait for the car to be built. That's the reality of the situation as it now stands, and LL doesn't want to scare new Premium Members away while they wait. By including ALL housing styles on the one page the effect is "you get the same chance at all these houses", not "you want this one but you can't have it! Here's your consolation prize." I know it's a fine line to tread, and many people already feel duped that they did buy the car promised in the advertisement and got a cart, but the fact remains a Premium Home is part of your membership. Nowhere does it read "You are promised a home in Bellisseria" - you can get a home, and that could be in any of the available themes right now without waiting - and that's the difference. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.