is there any mainland Parcels with Prim bonuses

MaxSilverDragon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes there are double prim parcels in Horizons, and i thought Bay City... butttttttt those are extremely expensive to buy.

+ parts of nautilus city and kama city...

5 minutes ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

how much do they averagely go for over there

horribly high - the horizons parcels are all normed square 1024s - your're lucky to grab one for 25k usually more, like 30k to 40k with the two parcels linked to Zindra seafronts going through the roof with 6 digit pricings.

Has been a while since I looked Belarissa might have moved things a bit but I doubt.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

if it has around 600 to 700 primitive objects I can place then it's perfect for round 30k

should have slightly about 700 it is a double LI 1024m²

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

now I have my plans for the next month put 120 US Dollars into the game if I'm able to get it if not I'll have to wait at least two months to get my property

No worries - no need to hurry. No one buys those parcels - at least a third of them is held by land sellers and constantly "on sale".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

if it has around 600 to 700 primitive objects I can place then it's perfect for round 30k

in many cases just buy 2048 mainland at standard Li can be cheaper.. it really does take a while before you paid those high buy costs in tier, and the risk price will do down if Belliseria keeps so populair.. landprices always been a tricky business in SL, what you buy for 30-50k now can be worth 10 k or less in a year.

30k = around 120 usd and if such comes available it can go quick.. most go for far more. ( and 120 usd is nearly 1.5 years tier for 2048 landholding (or even +10% land if donated to group) )

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

I care about the amount of prims I get available to me I don't mind a big upfront cost I care about how much have to pay monthly afterwards

in the future I might buy 3072 Square meters in total which will only cost me $13 + cost premium and The Upfront cost of the land after a year of having that land I will make more off of it with my little scheme I'm starting out small though

I'm going to take care of virtual creatures and do virtual farming some of the critters are super valuable to some people and they pay pretty good money even if it turns out to be a flop I don't care I can build myself a really nice house or Club

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and the risk price will do down if Belliseria keeps so populair..

I don't think Belliseria will affect the popularity of the double prim sims very much. Maybe a little bit but Belliseria doesn't have double prims and many people think that is important even today.

1 hour ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

I'm going to take care of virtual creatures and do virtual farming some of the critters are super valuable to some people and they pay pretty good money even if it turns out to be a flop I don't care I can build myself a really nice house or Club

In that case, you should probably skip Bay City, Horizons and Kama City for various reasons. So Nautilus is your best options or possibly the open sims south of Kama City - I think they have double prims too.

Edit: If you're planning to fill a double prim 3072 with breedables, make sure they're low on scripts and physics load. If you don't you may get into problems for using too much simulator resources.

Edited by ChinRey

5 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I don't think Belliseria will affect the popularity of the double prim sims very much. Maybe a little bit but Belliseria doesn't have double prims and many people think that is important even today.

In that case, you should probably skip Bay City, Horizons and Kama City for various reasons. So Nautilus is your best options or possibly the open sims south of Kama City - I think they have double prims too.

Edit: If you're planning to fill a double prim 3072 with breedables, make sure they're low on scripts and physics load. If you don't you may get into problems for using too much simulator resources.

if I buy the land I can do whatever I want with it that's why I'm planning to buy Mainland land so I don't have to deal with the landlord or anybody's crap

12 minutes ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

if I buy the land I can do whatever I want with it that's why I'm planning to buy Mainland land so I don't have to deal with the landlord or anybody's crap

no you can't do what you want, thats a misunderstanding, if you make trouble or overly use sim resoures others can report you. ( and that last happens a lot with virtual farms)
Also some of those double prim sims have different covenants than the normal mainland.

• Like 1

I forget its name now, but there's a double-prim region on the north shore of Zindra that's already so horribly lagged by a club that adding a farm full of breedables won't make any difference. I mean, the breedable scripts won't run very often, but that's usually better anyway.

One caution, though: you say "some of the critters are super valuable to some people and they pay pretty good money" so you should be aware that these tend to be very brief fads -- each breedable's market "shelf life" is very limited. For example, there's a box store of kittycats on one of the regions where I have land. Those hideous critters lag scripts terribly -- easily qualify for an "unfair use of resources" abuse report -- but on the plus side no avatar ever goes there.

2 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Wait a sec, you can report neighbors if they've got so much crap all over the place that the sim can't render the nice quiet chateau you built before the region went to hell?  I did not know that.  Where is that function?

I'm not sure, it's either a support ticket or an AR. If I were you, I would start with a general region performance support ticket without naming or blaming anybody and when you get a reply, follow up with a question how to fix it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

and sorry about the reply the other day was kind of bitter

No problem. :)

15 hours ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

the most I'm going to have is 20 Critters out at a given time and I probably going to be up in the sky

Script and physics load won't change if it's up int he sky. But keep in mind that nobody's saying you can't fill up a double prim parcel with breedables, only that you shuld check how heavy they are before you do. Some breedables are so heavy on the server a single one can cause serious problems to a whole region, others are so light they hardly matter at all. It all depends on the skills of the creator. Most are somewhere in between of course and since we don't know which breed you are talking about (and probalby wouldn't recognise it anyway - there are so many) we can't say more than that you shold check before you commit yourself to the plan.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I'm not sure, it's either a support ticket or an AR. If I were you, I would start with a general region performance support ticket without naming or blaming anybody and when you get a reply, follow up with a question how to fix it.

Thanks, and that's a good idea.

I went through all the places people suggested the cheapest place I found so far is 150k for 3072 that kind of burst my bubble a little I'm still probably going to go for that kind of land but it's going to take me several months now

I'd like to have a list of all the regions that have double prims if you have a guide anywhere you can link me to so I can keep checking to see if I can get lower rates elsewhere even though I don't think I will I'll keep looking anyway it's going to be several months before I buy anything

47 minutes ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

I went through all the places people suggested the cheapest place I found so far is 150k for 3072 that kind of burst my bubble a little I'm still probably going to go for that kind of land but it's going to take me several months now

I'd like to have a list of all the regions that have double prims if you have a guide anywhere you can link me to so I can keep checking to see if I can get lower rates elsewhere even though I don't think I will I'll keep looking anyway it's going to be several months before I buy anything

... you started you wanted around 600/700 prims.. thats 2048 sqm normal land
150.000 for double prim land = 82 months of tier on a 2048 sqm normal mainland with 700 prims ..
and 44 months tier on 3072 sqm mainland
(82 months ... that;s 11 years of tier you throw away!  and have to add the tiers for the double prim lot even up on that )

i'm not in charge of your wallet, but i would know what to pick.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

when I get my virtual farm setup I can make up to 3,000 to 4000 Linden's a week

I'm also going to have spots or people can rent storefronts and I'll be attracting enough traffic to the place where they occasionally will sell their ***** so get their money's worth

when I have my special events I think I can get about 30 to 50 people to show up

and I'll probably have one of my friends DJ for me every once in awhile play Nightcore and trance and techno

if my friend not bull*****ing me he makes around 4,000 to 5000L per gig and he says that's in tips if he makes that much the most I'm going to ask him as a thousand off the top if he doesn't make that much I'll let him keep the money

level 1 ground floor fishing and stores
level 2 Skybox Club 
level 3 personal home
level 4 Critters and farming 
level 5 personal home for my friends 
level 6 or greater rental space the rental space will be insanely cheap cuz they're going to have to deal with lag

the only thing I really need is the Farms all this other stuff I can cut out no problem and still be fine I have a lot of room to fail I'm not going to go bankrupt from doing this

and yes I know there's a limit on my objects I already have a design plan planned out to get the most out of my objects there will be a 1000 prim's left over and if I have to I'll spend 50k more and $8 more a month

• 2 months later...

Hi @MaxSilverDragon!  Sorry to jump in so late in the game...maybe you have already got your land.

One thing to think about when planning to put so many different things on a relatively small parcel...your club, your home, your friends' home and your rentals will all be on the same land parcel, stacked up.  This means that they will share the same music and media stream.  It also means that you can't use the land's "privacy" setting to make yourself invisible to others, since it only makes you invisible to people outside your parcel boundaries.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.